The Sunday Times

Started by Trevor Hill, January 03, 2010, 12:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

Is it just my local shop, or has everyone else's Sunday Times been a bit light of late. We haven't had the Home/property section for a month now, but it is supposed to be there every week. I asked this morning in the shop and they say they haven't been getting it. Has anyone had it lately? Its my favourite part of the paper.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Trevor Hill

HowAreYeGettinOn

If it helps - the ST will send you out a missing section if you drop them an e-mail to tell them it's not in your paper. A few weeks ago the News Review was missing from mine, I e-mailed them Sunday evening and the section arrived in the post on Friday morning. Late in the week I know but better than nothing!

Email address : custserv@sunday-times.co.uk

pintsofguinness

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on January 03, 2010, 02:17:15 PM
If it helps - the ST will send you out a missing section if you drop them an e-mail to tell them it's not in your paper. A few weeks ago the News Review was missing from mine, I e-mailed them Sunday evening and the section arrived in the post on Friday morning. Late in the week I know but better than nothing!

Email address : custserv@sunday-times.co.uk
you must have been desperate to read that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

barelegs

There was a little piece in today's Times about an NIO report from 1979.

QuoteAlan Huckle, formerly of the Northern Ireland Office, said the "question of national identity" had always dominated election in the Fermanagh/ Tyrone constituency because of its proximity to the border and "remoteness from national politics". He added: "Co. Fermanagh has a Catholic population that is nationalist... and they are popularly regarded as being slower and more rural that their colleagues in Dungannon and Coalisland."

The present MP for the area is Michelle Gildernew, who is also the assembly's agriculture minister. So yes on the rural bit, then, but you couldn't call Gildernew slow. Not compare with Dungannon and Coalisland anyway.

Now I'm not sure if John Burns realises that Dungannon is in the Fermanagh and South Tyrone constituency but as a politics journalist writing for a national newspaper and trying to be funny, he probably should. And then there is the small point of Gildernew living a hell of a lot closer to Dungannon than she does to Fermanagh.

In spite of this it's quite clear still that Mr Huckle in the NIO was indeed correct.  ;)