Neil Francis and gay sportspeople

Started by seafoid, February 19, 2014, 07:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold tea

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2014, 02:22:41 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 22, 2014, 12:11:01 AM
I'd say you are correct about repressed intolerant households, but two caring dads surely push the child down a certain path and as nature intended the mother to give birth and raise the young what maternal instincts have two gays in raising and supporting a young child.  It's wrong, it's unnatural and the PC world has gone mad to allow it.  Elton John is about 70 and him and his gay partner have basically bought kids - it's sickening.

Well then you're going to be very sick watching this horrific outcome of two lesbians raising children.

I have no issue with a mother raising her child, no matter what lifestyle choice of partner she has chosen, in fact there is probably many benefits for a child to be raised by two maternally intuitive women than one.  It is two gay men raising a young child that shouldn't be accepted, but hey it's the 21st century and those who are in the minority or who set themselves aside as different should be totally tolerated  in case we may cause offence.  I am sure there is tonnes and tonnes of research carried over decades and decades that show young children raised by two gay men go on to have happy normal lives and their sexuality isn't influenced at all by what they see at home!!

Cold tea

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2014, 02:16:13 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 21, 2014, 02:52:06 PM
Men being with women, and don't even start me on the child abuse that is two gay men going for adoption, that thing should never be allowed.

I will start you. How is it "child abuse" for gay people to have families?

Gay men to adopt children, if a gay women has a child the child is with their mother.  No one can deny the mother is the most important part of the family, a child needs that bond, how can such a bond be prevalent with two men?

Cold tea

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 22, 2014, 12:14:18 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 22, 2014, 12:11:01 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on February 21, 2014, 04:22:14 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2014, 10:35:38 AM
Quote from: ludermor on February 21, 2014, 09:24:53 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 20, 2014, 08:18:22 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 20, 2014, 06:47:23 PM
I think the point of gay pride and the 'coming out' business is for it to become so commonplace that in future we'll return* to a time when it'll be considered no big deal what your sexual preferences are. Nobody will have to 'come out' because they won't feel any pressure to be 'in' in the first place.  Gay pride parades are an act of defiance in cultures where homosexual or bisexual behaviour is or was suppressed, and I think the intention of them is to let gay people know that there's no need to stay in the closet.  It's like the atheist billboards doing the rounds in America at the minute reassuring atheists in religiously-dominated areas that it's okay to be an atheist and that they're not alone.

* Yes, return to a time when it's no big deal. The idea that there's something wrong with homosexual behaviour is a relatively recent invention. In ancient Rome and ancient Greece nobody gave a toss.

Bad choice off words.   ;D  Common place or not a man wanting another man is not a natural thing.
What about a womans ass or is that out of bounds as well?
Or any other orifice. What is natural anyway ?

Men being with women, and don't even start me on the child abuse that is two gay men going for adoption, that thing should never be allowed.

I'd say you can argue living repressed intolerant households would be closer to child abuse over having 2 caring dads.

I'd say you are correct about repressed intolerant households, but two caring dads surely push the child down a certain path and as nature intended the mother to give birth and raise the young what maternal instincts have two gays in raising and supporting a young child.  It's wrong, it's unnatural and the PC world has gone mad to allow it.  Elton John is about 70 and him and his gay partner have basically bought kids - it's sickening.

Is it better for a kid to be left in a childrens home somewhere with no one to care for them?

So do you want to just hand them out to clear the care homes out?

AZOffaly

Quote from: The Iceman on February 21, 2014, 06:27:17 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 21, 2014, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on February 21, 2014, 05:58:11 PM
Quote from: deiseach on February 21, 2014, 05:34:52 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on February 21, 2014, 05:31:06 PM
for the record I have nothing against gay people. I know lots of gay people and have no problem with them at all.

I think you were doing okay up until then.
Because the argument always turns into religion or homophobic rhetoric. Which this isn't.
I believe a lot of the sportspeople who come out are seeking the attention. And it only escalates in many cases. Take the commentators at the Winter Olympics - former ice skating competitors. Come out as Gay. Get a job on TV - camper than a row of tents - money, ratings and eamonns of the world lap it up, by the book, the memoirs and watch the show...

Yet you have a wide school of thought that the college football kid who recently came out will hurt his position in the draft (and thus his potential earnings).

There is only one admitted gay player in the NBA and he is currently without a contract. How many are in the NFL? EPL? Baseball? County level GAA?

Clearly, if these sports are representative of the general population in terms of sexual orientation, there are a lot of closeted top level sports figures. So its plainly obvious why people are reluctant to be the pioneers that lead the way and thus why such a big deal is made when someone actually goes ahead with it. Call those that brave it ttention whores if you like (and maybe some ARE cashing in), but to most, they're just courageous, same as the likes of Jackie Robinson 60 years ago. Someone has to lead the way against prejudice.

My mind isnt made up on the college football kid to be honest. Part of me recognizes he is a very talented player and was always going to be drafted early. Maybe he gets a earlier draft pick from one of the West Coast teams who want more ticket sales from liberal fans? who knows.....

Sorry Iceman, that's not right. He was a very good college player, but he was projected anywhere between low 4th and high 6th round. That's the sort of territory that can find it hard to make the team. If you wanted to be cynical you could say he came out so that any team that drafts him might be a tad more reluctant to cut him, but I think that would be unfair. He came out to him Missou teammates before the season, and this seems to be similar. Let's just get it out there, deal with it and move on.

J70

Quote from: Cold tea on February 22, 2014, 04:59:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2014, 12:31:08 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 22, 2014, 09:05:19 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2014, 02:14:54 AM
Common place or not a man wanting another man is not a natural thing.

Not natural? What does this mean? Do you mean animals don't do it?

It's a live style choice, when bitches are in heat a dog will ride anything, procreation and all that!

Is your (presumed) heterosexuality a lifestyle choice?

No is yours?  It is a genetic trait programmed into all animal's so they procreate and survive as a species.

So why do you think homosexuality is a lifestyle choice?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Cold tea on February 22, 2014, 09:01:54 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2014, 02:16:13 AM

I will start you. How is it "child abuse" for gay people to have families?

Gay men to adopt children, if a gay women has a child the child is with their mother.  No one can deny the mother is the most important part of the family, a child needs that bond, how can such a bond be prevalent with two men?

So widowers shouldn't be allowed to keep their children unless they hook up with another woman? 

Where are you getting all this research from? (I'm joking. I know you're pulling this stuff out of your ass and don't have a single scrap of research to back up any of what you're saying.)

Eamonnca1

It's a live style choice, when bitches are in heat a dog will ride anything, procreation and all that!

Huh? Dogs make lifestyle choices? It's natural but it's not natural?

armaghniac

QuoteSo widowers shouldn't be allowed to keep their children unless they hook up with another woman?

This is an offensive thing to say. Widowers did not deliberately seek to deprive their children of a mother.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cold tea

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 22, 2014, 07:35:34 PM

Huh? Dogs make lifestyle choices? It's natural but it's not natural?

No dogs acting on natural instincts when a bitch is in heat will try to ride anything - surely you are an educated person and don't need this spelled out.

Cold tea

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2014, 05:50:42 PM

No is yours?  It is a genetic trait programmed into all animal's so they procreate and survive as a species.

I do because it is not natural.

J70

Quote from: Cold tea on February 22, 2014, 09:00:22 PM
Common place or not a man wantinganother man is not a natural thing.

So you think people who are gay are REALLY heterosexuals who go against every natural instinct and choose to be attracted to the same sex? How does that work?

michaelg

Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2014, 09:31:09 PM

So you think people who are gay are REALLY heterosexuals who go against every natural instinct and choose to be attracted to the same sex? How does that work?
You are wasting your time debating with him.  His every utterance on this thread has been crass and homophobic.  Personally I hope he has no offspring who "choose" to be gay.

Eamonnca1

Yup. I think he's pretty much bate. We could let him wriggle on that "it's wrong because it's unnatural/it's wrong because it's natural" hook for all eternity, but it'd get tedious very quickly.

J70

Jason Collins signs with the Nets on a 10 day contract today. Becomes the first openly gay person to be signed to a team in the NBA or any other major American sport.

Cold tea

Quote from: michaelg on February 22, 2014, 09:46:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 22, 2014, 09:31:09 PM

You are wasting your time debating with him.  His every utterance on this thread has been crass and homophobic.  Personally I hope he has no offspring who "choose" to be gay.

The homophobic card, is there a card more played in society at present!  ::)