26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

andoireabu

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 10:46:53 AM
Quote from: andoireabu on August 21, 2020, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 21, 2020, 10:37:01 AM
After the hammering the Shinners got over Bobby Storey's funeral I wonder what the reaction will be....

According to Donal O'Keeffe "it's depressing to see the FF/FG/Green Government follow Sinn Fein's Bobby Storey example...."

Didn't take long to rope them into it some way
Sinn Fein are worse as it was their leadership who broke the rules

So anything Sinn Fein say over this is the purest hypocrisy

They gave a two fingers to all those who observed the rules

They are completely fair game to be brought up in relation to what happened in Clifden

Now that Cullinane has waded in with digs I would agree but had they kept their mouth shut there is no reason at all to bring them into it.  If the sitting government of the day are following the example of the opposition party they don't think are capable to run the country in the first place, even as part of a coalition, then what does that say about the government? 

The apologies today are embarrassing. If you turn up to an event in good faith and see it isn't following the guidelines, then you leave.  Anything other than that is just guff because you were caught rotten
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

sid waddell

Quote from: Itchy on August 21, 2020, 01:58:53 PM
Quote from: andoireabu on August 21, 2020, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 21, 2020, 10:37:01 AM
After the hammering the Shinners got over Bobby Storey's funeral I wonder what the reaction will be....

According to Donal O'Keeffe "it's depressing to see the FF/FG/Green Government follow Sinn Fein's Bobby Storey example...."

Didn't take long to rope them into it some way

So anything Sinn Fein say over this is the purest hypocrisy

They gave a two fingers to all those who observed the rules

They are completely fair game to be brought up in relation to what happened in Clifden

Indoor vrs Outdoor, Indoor way way worse.
Sorry, that's not the way it works

Dominic Cummings was outdoors

You either care about the rules or you don't

And Sinn Fein didn't, neither did the golf jolliers

The problem with a lot of SF supporters online is that they immediately retreat into "protect the party" mode and dispense with critical thinking when something like this comes along

Ironically it's actually making FF look less bad in comparison because their guy resigned straight off the bat -  and making FF look less bad by comparison is some feat

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 02:03:43 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 12:50:20 PM
Dara Calleary is the FF deputy leader.

By the same token, wouldn't you suggest that those FFGers like Neale Richmond who were all over twitter like a rash after the Storey funeral, but who are being silent as mice today, are fair game? I see the only tweet written by Neale since this story has broken, is about how nice a walk it is around Lough Hyne in Co. Cork  ::)
Mary Lou McDonald is the Sinn Fein leader

Michelle O'Neill is the NI leader of Sinn Fein

Have a go at whoever you want, there's hypocrisy within FG for sure, but SF are really deep into the rabbit hole of hypocrisy here and it's not a conspiracy or an "anti-Sinn Fein media" thing, it's more than fair game to bring it up

Sid, you seem more annoyed at SF today than at the government which flaunted the rules that it had quite literally only just set. I'm sorry to break it to you, but SF ain't the story today.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 02:14:08 PM

By the same token, wouldn't you suggest that those FFGers like Neale Richmond who were all over twitter like a rash after the Storey funeral, but who are being silent as mice today, are fair game? I see the only tweet written by Neale since this story has broken, is about how nice a walk it is around Lough Hyne in Co. Cork  ::)

Have a go at whoever you want, there's hypocrisy within FG for sure, but SF are really deep into the rabbit hole of hypocrisy here and it's not a conspiracy or an "anti-Sinn Fein media" thing, it's more than fair game to bring it up

Sid, you seem more annoyed at SF today than at the government which flaunted the rules that it had quite literally only just set. I'm sorry to break it to you, but SF ain't the story today.

SF are by far the biggest hypocrites of all in this

Their leaders brazenly flouted the rules

Yet SF people don't care, while simultaneously calling on others to resign on national media, RTE Radio 1

They can call on others to resign when they call on their own party leaders to resign

They can talk when they cut out the one rule for SF, another rule for everybody else nonsense

Fair?

Why should there be one rule for SF, and another rule for everybody else?

Answer that

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 02:34:55 PM

Yet SF people don't care, while simultaneously calling on others to resign on national media, RTE Radio 1

They can call on others to resign when they call on their own party leaders to resign

They can talk when they cut out the one rule for SF, another rule for everybody else nonsense

Fair?

Answer that

There's plenty of hypocrisy to go around for everyone to take their fare share if it..

The Shinners were bang out of order over the Storey funeral and there is no justifying their actions even if it was the death of one of the party members, but holy lord, a golf dinner indoors with 100 odd people at in all from the great and good of the ruling elites in law, banking and politics.
Wrong on so many levels.

Snapchap

Fair?

Answer that

I thank you for proving my point so speedily and emphatically. Once again, the story today isn't SF. I know you wish it was. But it's just not.

sid waddell

Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 03:03:47 PM

Fair?

Answer that

I thank you for proving my point so speedily and emphatically. Once again, the story today isn't SF. I know you wish it was. But it's just not.
Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection - it's quite instructive to see which political figures Sinn Fein people model their responses on

One rule for SF, another rule for others

And a deliberate two fingers to the families of the dead who adhered to the rules -  just like the two fingers those in Clifden gave

At least Calleary (FF) and Buttimer (FG) had a small modicum of decency and resigned

Which Sinn Fein would never allow to happen - because with Sinn Fein, it's party first - always

Snapchap

Quote from: sid waddell on August 21, 2020, 03:13:04 PM

Fair?

Answer that

Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection - it's quite instructive to see which political figures Sinn Fein people model their responses on

And a deliberate two fingers to the families of the dead who adhered to the rules -  just like the two fingers those in Clifden gave

At least Calleary (FF) and Buttimer (FG) had a small modicum of decency and resigned

Which Sinn Fein would never allow to happen - because with Sinn Fein, it's party first - always

So let me get this straight:

1. News today is dominated with the revelation that a succession of FFGers were caught out breaching the lockdown rules they had literally only just implemented
2. Your immediate reaction is to post a series of repeated, lengthy attacks on SF
3. I attempt to remind you about today's news story and simply remind you that it centres around FFG and their attendance at the golf event.
4. You reply with another lengthy attack of SF and accuse me of "Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection"??

I tip my hat to you sir. That takes some brass balls.

Rossfan

Shinners deserve many a kicking but today is not the day for it.

The great and the bad of FF FG Court Judge and others were so wrong on so many fronts over this disgraceful episode.
Arrogant ..  we make the rules but they dont apply to us
Insulting to all those who lost loved ones and couldn't have proper Irish funerals, Weddings, Communions Confurnations kids Birthday parties all cancelled or limited to a few family members.
100 people can't attend an open air sport fixture, peopke in 3 Counties can't even leave their Counties....
But the privileged ones can do what the fkn well like.
Apparently organised by Donie Cassidy who must be around 80 yet over 70s are told to stay at home.
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and a right 2 fingers to all of us who have had our lives put on hold since mid March as well as all who got the ailment or who died from it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

marty34

Quote from: Snapchap on August 21, 2020, 03:26:40 PM

Fair?

Answer that

1. News today is dominated with the revelation that a succession of FFGers were caught out breaching the lockdown rules they had literally only just implemented
2. Your immediate reaction is to post a series of repeated, lengthy attacks on SF
3. I attempt to remind you about today's news story and simply remind you that it centres around FFG and their attendance at the golf event.
4. You reply with another lengthy attack of SF and accuse me of "Pathetic, Trump/Boris Johnson-style deflection"??

Don't be worried by the Fianna Gael bot. Probably sent out by hq to deflect.

I wonder how long this government will last?

One more and it could be curtains.  I wonder who'll be appointed to the minister's role now - any disgruntled TDs that didn't get a gig last time out.

Rossfan

McConologue from Donegal is the favourite.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Fair?

Answer that

It's blindingly obvious you don't give two hoots about the rules, and neither does Sinn Fein

The way Shinnerbots defend themselves is by going full Trump - refusing to answer simple questions, claiming one rule for the them, another rule entirely for everybody else

The above is a classic example

marty34

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2020, 03:47:43 PM
McConologue from Donegal is the favourite.

Fianna Gael couldn't get a minister from the coastal seaboard the first time but now it's the complete opposite.

#muppets

Mickey Martin needs to step down.  Clearly not up to the job.

It's been a complete farce from day 1.

sid waddell

Quote from: marty34 on August 21, 2020, 03:32:51 PM

Fair?

Answer that

Don't be worried by the Fianna Gael bot. Probably sent out by hq to deflect.

I wonder how long this government will last?

One more and it could be curtains.  I wonder who'll be appointed to the minister's role now - any disgruntled TDs that didn't get a gig last time out.
"The Fianna Gael bot"

Deary me

Never voted for a Fianna Fail or Fine Gael candidate in me life, never will

I voted number one for Sinn Fein at two successive general elections - 2011 and 2016 (Eoin O'Broin in Dublin Mid-West)

No longer, because it's become increasingly clear the party is full of shit and cares only about party (I gave O'Broin and Mark Ward a 5 and 6 in 2020 if you must know)

Gave the two Fine Gael candidates the bottom two preferences on my ballot and left the two Fianna Fail candidates blank

Again, like another poster here, you need to read what Hannah Arendt wrote - one of the biggest tricks of the totalitarian elites of the 1920s and 1930s was to turn statements of fact into questions of motive

Shinners hate facts, so play the victim card at every opportunity, even where they are blatantly in the wrong

sid waddell

Quote from: Rossfan on August 21, 2020, 03:27:10 PM
Shinners deserve many a kicking but today is not the day for it.

The great and the bad of FF FG Court Judge and others were so wrong on so many fronts over this disgraceful episode.
Arrogant ..  we make the rules but they dont apply to us
Insulting to all those who lost loved ones and couldn't have proper Irish funerals, Weddings, Communions Confurnations kids Birthday parties all cancelled or limited to a few family members.
100 people can't attend an open air sport fixture, peopke in 3 Counties can't even leave their Counties....
But the privileged ones can do what the fkn well like.
Apparently organised by Donie Cassidy who must be around 80 yet over 70s are told to stay at home.
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour and a right 2 fingers to all of us who have had our lives put on hold since mid March as well as all who got the ailment or who died from it.
The Shinners did the same thing as the other gobshites you mention, so can have no complaint for being lumped in with them - it's the same issue and the same stor(e)y