The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Angelo on November 04, 2020, 03:28:01 PM
Varadkar handwrites - "subject to changes/amendments" on the front of the document.

He sends a text message to his friend saying "there may still be some changes, don't take it as gospel" after he sends it out.

His defence now is that it didn't matter as the document was finalised when he sent it out. It's a complete lie and contradiction but the government are sticking their fingers in their ears and saying if Varadkar says he did it with good intentions then they are not interested in hearing the facts or evidence.

And the media? Even the UK press are covering it more than them!

Yeh but eh Sinn Fein, Sinn Fein, Sinn Fein

Angelo

Quote from: Itchy on November 05, 2020, 01:16:14 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 04, 2020, 03:28:01 PM
Varadkar handwrites - "subject to changes/amendments" on the front of the document.

He sends a text message to his friend saying "there may still be some changes, don't take it as gospel" after he sends it out.

His defence now is that it didn't matter as the document was finalised when he sent it out. It's a complete lie and contradiction but the government are sticking their fingers in their ears and saying if Varadkar says he did it with good intentions then they are not interested in hearing the facts or evidence.

And the media? Even the UK press are covering it more than them!

Yeh but eh Sinn Fein, Sinn Fein, Sinn Fein

The anti-SF crew don't seem to have much to say on this suprisingly.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Snapchap

Leo, under questioning from Pearse Doherty in the Dáil today said he deleted the Whatsapp messages from his pal Maitiu Ó'Tuathail about the documents. Texts which were eligible to be subject to a future FOI request. His response when asked if he did delete what amounted to an official record of his discussions with Ó'Tuathail, Leo said:

"When I did check my Whatsapp messages, it wasn't there. I don't, as standard, keep all text messages."

I mean, who on earth routinely deletes whatsapp messages because "they don't as standard keep all text messages"? I haven't deleted text messages since the days of the Nokia 3210 which could only hold a few dozen txts at a time.

Does Varadkar seriously think people will believe this bit of bull, or does he just not care?

Angelo

Quote from: Snapchap on November 05, 2020, 02:15:30 PM
Leo, under questioning from Pearse Doherty in the Dáil today said he deleted the Whatsapp messages from his pal Maitiu Ó'Tuathail about the documents. Texts which were eligible to be subject to a future FOI request. His response when asked if he did delete what amounted to an official record of his discussions with Ó'Tuathail, Leo said:

"When I did check my Whatsapp messages, it wasn't there. I don't, as standard, keep all text messages."

I mean, who on earth routinely deletes whatsapp messages because "they don't as standard keep all text messages"? I haven't deleted text messages since the days of the Nokia 3210 which could only hold a few dozen txts at a time.

Does Varadkar seriously think people will believe this bit of bull, or does he just not care?

Did he selectively delete those messages?

And if so, why?

It absolutely stinks but you know - hush, hush, sweep, sweep.

I've never seen such a pathetic defence that has absolutely zero credibility being backed so much. The gov defence is basically if Varadkar said he had good intentions then that's fine and they don't want to listen or pay any attention to established facts in the matter.

Snapchap

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 02:19:02 PM

And if so, why?

I've never seen such a pathetic defence that has absolutely zero credibility being backed so much. The gov defence is basically if Varadkar said he had good intentions then that's fine and they don't want to listen or pay any attention to established facts in the matter.

He sent a confidential document to his friend, then deleted the evidence of their conversation about the arrangement from his phone lest anyone should ever find out about it. All very innocent though, apparently.

Angelo

Quote from: Snapchap on November 05, 2020, 02:53:47 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 02:19:02 PM

And if so, why?

He sent a confidential document to his friend, then deleted the evidence of their conversation about the arrangement from his phone lest anyone should ever find out about it. All very innocent though, apparently.

His defence is this was his way of trying to get the deal over the line and sell it to GPs but there is absolutely nothing to support at all. All the established facts in the matter actually contradict that, the way he went behind the backs of his government colleagues, the secrecy, the messages between his friend and him, the fact that he pointed out the contract was subject to change and amendments.

Yet the gov are happy to take his word on it despite the established facts being in direct contradiction to it. You expect that from the government to save their skin but what is most sickening of it all is the role of a mainstream media, Varadkar has been caught bang to rights in one of the biggest political scandals since Bertie's era and the media only want to bury the story.

Angelo

The likes of Hound and Rossfan are notable by their silence too.

Complete hypocrites.

Farrandeelin

Fianna Fáil have to take a lot of slack here too. Micheal Martin in particular. Leo obviously has him wrapped around his little finger. Can't understand why they aren't pushing louder for his head.

Varadker has to go. Simple as.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

andoireabu

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 05, 2020, 03:39:46 PM
Fianna Fáil have to take a lot of slack here too. Micheal Martin in particular. Leo obviously has him wrapped around his little finger. Can't understand why they aren't pushing louder for his head.

If they call for his head then there will be an election and then Micheál wouldn't be Taoiseach anymore.  FF would take a beating and likely FG and Greens as well and we all know they won't risk SF getting in.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Angelo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 05, 2020, 03:39:46 PM

If Varadkar goes then the gov collapses.

Martin's lust for power has absolutely no moral shame, he would push his granny down the stairs to keep it. It reflects worse on FF and despite the fact that there's been a few renegades speaking out on Varadkar, none of them will do anything meaningful whatsoever. It's only when the public tide goes against them could you expect action?

But what chances are there of public outrage being given that platform when the media are putting a scandal of this nature as a backstory and of little importance? This is far, far more serious than what Cowen, Calleary and Hogan were involved in but the media won't report on this.

Itchy

Martin would give his left ball to stay as Taoiseach, the man has no position, no principals and us by far the worst leader the country has ever had. Hes only concerned with him having a legacy of being Taoiseach,  the people, right vrs wrong or justice are of no concern to him.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Itchy on November 05, 2020, 07:20:14 PM
Martin would give his left ball to stay as Taoiseach, the man has no position, no principals and us by far the worst leader the country has ever had. Hes only concerned with him having a legacy of being Taoiseach,  the people, right vrs wrong or justice are of no concern to him.

Have it in a nutshell Itchy. I haven't been keeping as close an eye as I should be on this with the American election, but have they managed to blame the shinners yet?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 05, 2020, 07:54:05 PM

Have it in a nutshell Itchy. I haven't been keeping as close an eye as I should be on this with the American election, but have they managed to blame the shinners yet?
In a statement this evening (29th October), Elisha McCallion said she showed "poor judgment" over her participation which seen £30,000 wrongly obtained by Sinn Fein linked accounts.

One account Elisha admits, is a joint account belonging to her and her husband Declan McCallion. Declan is a well known drug abuser who in recent years, admitted his role in attacking an elderly couple whilst under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

Why did a known criminal have access to this money designed to help those suffering the hardship of Covid-19?

Had it not surfaced that Elisha and her colleagues had wrongly obtained this money, the people of Derry and the people she claims to represent, would not have been insulted with her excuse of yet another apology.

In the midst of a economically crippling global pandemic that has seen the working class face an increasingly aggressive environment that threatens their very livelihoods and mental health, ten of thousands of pounds are mysteriously appearing in the bank accounts of criminal, conniving, careerist politicians such as imperialist apologist and mouthpiece Elisha McCallion.

The good people of this country and within our communities are more than aware that Sinn Fein, the once proud revolutionary party, are not shy when it comes to lining their own pockets. In fact, they have become an outfit of deceit and selfishness. Over the past two decades they have been involved in backhand financial deals with the occupation resulting in direct funding from the occupation and those who seek to normalise imperialism in Ireland.

Famously, they have manipulated on a massive scale various positions and jobs within working class communities, keeping their party and family members in work while others - who are far more qualified - are kicked to the kerb simply because they don't tow the Sinn Fein line.

Sinn Fein members have a track record of embezzling money that was destined for better causes in Derry, this is reflected by the many ex-Republicans who now own houses, bars, nightclubs, security firms, holiday homes and taxi ranks. These people live in luxury while their former comrades, some of whom who still ride the 'Sinn Fein train' live in social housing with money problems and addiction.

The people of this city have for too long been at the mercy of capitalism, partition,  imperialism and the social-economic devastation it brings. Year In year out the electorate and the working class are promised better housing, more employment and opportunities, mental health facilities and funding, youth initiatives and youth development schemes. All promised by those who solidify the very structures that imposes these conditions on the working class.

Elisha McCallion has for too long insulted the people of Derry. She has made jokes at the fact that working class people find themselves in debt which can wreak devastation on those unfortunate enough to find themselves in that position. She insulted those campaigning for better mental health facilities in the city and for years she has made a career for herself claiming to struggle for what brave men and women fought and died for.

Elisha McCallion should hang her head in shame. Although she is in the spotlight today, she represents what Sinn Fein as a party have become.

Angelo

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 05, 2020, 08:42:11 PM

In a statement this evening (29th October), Elisha McCallion said she showed "poor judgment" over her participation which seen £30,000 wrongly obtained by Sinn Fein linked accounts.

One account Elisha admits, is a joint account belonging to her and her husband Declan McCallion. Declan is a well known drug abuser who in recent years, admitted his role in attacking an elderly couple whilst under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

Why did a known criminal have access to this money designed to help those suffering the hardship of Covid-19?

Had it not surfaced that Elisha and her colleagues had wrongly obtained this money, the people of Derry and the people she claims to represent, would not have been insulted with her excuse of yet another apology.

In the midst of a economically crippling global pandemic that has seen the working class face an increasingly aggressive environment that threatens their very livelihoods and mental health, ten of thousands of pounds are mysteriously appearing in the bank accounts of criminal, conniving, careerist politicians such as imperialist apologist and mouthpiece Elisha McCallion.

The good people of this country and within our communities are more than aware that Sinn Fein, the once proud revolutionary party, are not shy when it comes to lining their own pockets. In fact, they have become an outfit of deceit and selfishness. Over the past two decades they have been involved in backhand financial deals with the occupation resulting in direct funding from the occupation and those who seek to normalise imperialism in Ireland.

Famously, they have manipulated on a massive scale various positions and jobs within working class communities, keeping their party and family members in work while others - who are far more qualified - are kicked to the kerb simply because they don't tow the Sinn Fein line.

Sinn Fein members have a track record of embezzling money that was destined for better causes in Derry, this is reflected by the many ex-Republicans who now own houses, bars, nightclubs, security firms, holiday homes and taxi ranks. These people live in luxury while their former comrades, some of whom who still ride the 'Sinn Fein train' live in social housing with money problems and addiction.

The people of this city have for too long been at the mercy of capitalism, partition,  imperialism and the social-economic devastation it brings. Year In year out the electorate and the working class are promised better housing, more employment and opportunities, mental health facilities and funding, youth initiatives and youth development schemes. All promised by those who solidify the very structures that imposes these conditions on the working class.

Elisha McCallion has for too long insulted the people of Derry. She has made jokes at the fact that working class people find themselves in debt which can wreak devastation on those unfortunate enough to find themselves in that position. She insulted those campaigning for better mental health facilities in the city and for years she has made a career for herself claiming to struggle for what brave men and women fought and died for.

Elisha McCallion should hang her head in shame. Although she is in the spotlight today, she represents what Sinn Fein as a party have become.

????????????

This is a FG thread, have you anything to say on Varadkar?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Angelo on November 05, 2020, 08:46:27 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 05, 2020, 08:42:11 PM

????????????

This is a FG thread, have you anything to say on Varadkar?

Ireland's first gay Taoiseach. Very presentable. Very good on international stage. Not fond of his politics. Probably crooked like most politicians