Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdeal

I didnt want to be seen as the person to reveal anything whenever there is no hardened evidence to support the claim...... were only going on what one poster has claimed on OC

slievegullion

Quote from: bigdeal on July 27, 2009, 10:27:03 PM
I didnt want to be seen as the person to reveal anything whenever there is no hardened evidence to support the claim...... were only going on what one poster has claimed on OC

Fair point.

I believe it though.

Orior

You should get yourself a hotmail address sir.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

sitdown

There,s no water like muddy water. Name and shame. When Peter McDonnell went public with this he failled to mention the small matter of his own shortfalls. Instead of crying to the media,he would have been wiser to "say nothing". ???

slievegullion

Quote from: Orior on July 27, 2009, 10:31:11 PM

You should get yourself a hotmail address sir.

Ha ha!!  :D

How is the building trade these days bigdeal?

slievegullion

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 27, 2009, 09:49:28 PM
I'm not taking the p*ss but what was there about McDonnells tactics to leak?   Was he not rather predictable?

I don't think thats the point.

He named a 'fake team' shall we say for the paper on the Thursday before the Monaghan game and we would have all thought that was the team for the game had the actual team not been posted on this board on the previous Wednesday night.

Obviously there was a leak from within the team which was clearly undermining McDonnell. This leak was outed momentarily on Orchard County.

slievegullion

As I just said it wasn't so much tactics it was the leaking of the selected team.

slievegullion

Quote from: hardstation on July 27, 2009, 10:52:21 PM
Quote from: slievegullion on July 27, 2009, 10:50:10 PM
As I just said it wasn't so much tactics it was the leaking of the selected team.

Although it's bad form if it was to be kept secret but big fecking deal.

I know what you mean but as Al says its all about the inches and undermining like that can have a huge adverse impact. They did only lose by a point in extra time, who knows what sort of difference it did or didn't make?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: slievegullion on July 27, 2009, 10:50:10 PM

Happens all the time though. Been common for years for the odd switch to known round the county before a match. Does anyone remember McAlinden naming Diarmaid Marsden at number 5 for a c'ship match int he 90s (might have been Down in 98)? I remember being told what the actual team was before that match as well.

Charlie had already played a challenge match a fortnight before the Monaghan match. That he would start rather than Kevin O'Rourke was hardly rocket science. If the management think that was the winning and losing of the match, they've lost touch with reality.

As for actual tactics being leaked, I find that very hard to believe.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

irunthev

Quote from: slievegullion on July 27, 2009, 10:44:50 PM
I'm not taking the p*ss but what was there about McDonnells tactics to leak?   Was he not rather predictable?

He named a 'fake team' shall we say for the paper on the Thursday before the Monaghan game and we would have all thought that was the team for the game had the actual team not been posted on this board on the previous Wednesday night.

Obviously there was a leak from within the team which was clearly undermining McDonnell. This leak was outed momentarily on Orchard County.

Nothing to do with the Armagh situation, but what is this obsession wiith managers naming dud teams on a Thursday and then think they are pulling a fast one by naming a different starting team. International rugby have a process of naming their teams in mid week and to it religiously unless there is an injury. Either stop this ridiculous process of naming teams in the press midweek or introduce a rule stating that the team named has to be genuine. After all, it us the paying public that are having to swallow this load of crap that they dish out to us.

David McKeown

Quote from: irunthev on July 28, 2009, 08:49:55 AM

Nothing to do with the Armagh situation, but what is this obsession wiith managers naming dud teams on a Thursday and then think they are pulling a fast one by naming a different starting team. International rugby have a process of naming their teams in mid week and to it religiously unless there is an injury. Either stop this ridiculous process of naming teams in the press midweek or introduce a rule stating that the team named has to be genuine. After all, it us the paying public that are having to swallow this load of crap that they dish out to us.

I thought county boards were fined if the team in the programme was different to that which started?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

orangeman

Quote from: David McKeown on July 28, 2009, 09:03:55 AM

I thought county boards were fined if the team in the programme was different to that which started?
[/b]
They are.

Archie Mitchell

Think they are only fined if the players aren't wearing correct number on jersey as per programme. Down were fined for this earlier in the year. On Sunday Kerry had O'Se and Cooper in the starting 15 but everyone knew they were dropped. When teams play games in a short space of time, they just keep the same numbers. In 2004 Tyrone got fined for including Gavin Devlin in the pre-match parade when he wasn't starting but no-one knew about this and his replacement took his place on the field after the national anthem.

irunthev

Quote from: orangeman on July 28, 2009, 09:48:50 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on July 28, 2009, 09:03:55 AM

[/b]
They are.

They're obviously not fined enough. If a manager tells you lies on a Thursday, why would you believe a word came out of his mouth after a  match on Sunday or on Monday?

The manager of my own county will talk to the press on Thursday and say such and such is in hospital and his season is over and so and so is out for two months and next thing they two of them play the full 70mins on a Sunday. Can;t stand that crap. Don;t quite know what is achieved by rubbish like that.

man in black

Quote from: corn02 on July 27, 2009, 05:16:03 PM
So you're not an Armagh fan yet a panel member told you this, so he is the leak?

He is most certainly not the leak. The ones dong the talking should be trying to do it on the field instead of getting skinned.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black