Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

U.tv website states

McDonnell resigns at Armagh

Peter McDonnell resigned as Armagh manager on Tuesday after two years with the county.

The county board is now meeting to decide how the team will proceed and are expected to issue a statement soon.

Under McDonnell, Armagh won the Ulster Championship last year but were knocked out of this year's campaign in the first round by Tyrone.

Armagh also lost disappointingly to Monaghan in the first round of this year's All-Ireland qualifiers.

While the BBC state that all will be clarified this evening
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8161459.stm

"Armagh chairman Kevin Brady has refused to comment on whether he expects McDonnell to be in charge next year."

Probably inevitable.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

I thought he would walk away. Was always going to be up against it after big Joe's fine record and after this year's retirements.

David McKeown

Just got the email from the club secretary which contained a statement from County Board announcing his retirement.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

laoisgaa

ONeill

What would have to be in place for McGeeney to head back to the Orchard?

Winning Ulster first time out may not have helped McDonnell's long-term plans.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mid Down Gael

Fair play to McDonnell for doing honourable thing when he knows a change would be for the best. Pity Ross Carr wouldnt do likewise in Down where a large majority of gaels want him out.

armaghniac

QuoteWhat would have to be in place for McGeeney to head back to the Orchard?

If I were McGeeney I'd take note of the minors winning Ulster and plan to head back in 2 or 3 years time, when all of the 1999-2002 squad have gone.

QuoteWinning Ulster first time out may not have helped McDonnell's long-term plans.

Perhaps. But the manner of defeat in the Wexford game should not have left any complacency, even if Ulster was won.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armagh leg-end

would donal muragh be the man for the job?
Ard Mhacha Abu

red hander

Can't see McGeeney going to Armagh at the moment, maybe couple of years down the line.  Why swap a team going somewhere with one that looks on the road to nowhere?

omagh_gael

what are the possibilities for the next man in? Mc Geeney, Mc Ivor or a sensational return from big Joe?   :P

balladmaker

Quotewhat are the possibilities for the next man in? Mc Geeney, Mc Ivor or a sensational return from big Joe?

It wouldn't be like Joe to take on a team that isn't within a year or two of winning another title.

fitzroyalty

Would like to see some one from outside the county take over...So there is none of the politics sh*te that goes on...

He can come in, no previous ties or loyalties, pick the best players himself rather than have them picked for him

ONeill

Jody Gormley to take them back to division 4 and the revolution is complete.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2009, 06:42:19 PM
Jody Gormley to take them back to division 4 and the revolution is complete.
Cheers ONeill, never knew you cared so much
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something