Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 11, 2018, 05:52:42 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 11, 2018, 05:46:45 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on August 11, 2018, 05:44:43 PM
Poor enough attendance in Croke Park, there might be as many tomorrow.

54k. Per population Dublin are brutally supported. The GAA have killed their own cash cow.

I can't recall the last time that Dublin had less than 80K at All Ireland semi final.
1995 when capacity was reduced due to Cusack being rebuilt

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Ray Cosgrove on Dublin's All Ireland semi final attendance.

"I was walking down Jones' Road going to Croke Park for the semi-final and it seemed like a League game," Cosgrove points out.

"The attendance was so poor.

"I was really scratching my head thinking 'what's going on here'?

"For 54,000 to show up, it was disappointing from a Dublin fans' perspective. Then you'll have a lot of guys who will come out from under the woodwork for Sunday week and will be occupying seats in Croke Park.

"I'd love to know," Cosgrove adds, "where those thirty-odd thousand people have been and why they weren't behind the team in the semi-final?"

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 25, 2018, 01:53:59 PM

"I was walking down Jones' Road going to Croke Park for the semi-final and it seemed like a League game," Cosgrove points out.

"For 54,000 to show up, it was disappointing from a Dublin fans' perspective. Then you'll have a lot of guys who will come out from under the woodwork for Sunday week and will be occupying seats in Croke Park.

"I'd love to know," Cosgrove adds, "where those thirty-odd thousand people have been and why they weren't behind the team in the semi-final?"

Why? Because most of those ''Supporters'' had better things to be doing with their Time and especially their Money for a game they seen as a foregone conclusion.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 25, 2018, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 25, 2018, 01:53:59 PM

Why? Because most of those ''Supporters'' had better things to be doing with their Time and especially their Money for a game they seen as a foregone conclusion.

Those supporters should only turn up when they are in danger of losing? not often in the case of Dublin!

Owen Brannigan

Looking at Croke Park tonight even the Pope hasn't been able to fill the stadium.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on August 25, 2018, 09:51:28 PM
Looking at Croke Park tonight even the Pope hasn't been able to fill the stadium.

Yeah and Garth Brooks could fill it 5 times! Depressing thought for the Religion of our Birth!

From the Bunker

I can see a lot of supporters falling off the various Bandwagons in 2019.

Mayo, Tyrone, Galway, Donegal and Kerry wont be as flippant with their time and Money.

Even the Dublin supporters will start to decline. You can get bored winning as well!

Super 8's was a huge failure this year and I still don't see the point of it?

Do Croke Park wan't to give Dublin a spare opportunity to feck up but still be in the Championship?

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 03, 2018, 07:35:29 PM

Mayo, Tyrone, Galway, Donegal and Kerry wont be as flippant with their time and Money.

Even the Dublin supporters will start to decline. You can get bored winning as well!

Do Croke Park wan't to give Dublin a spare opportunity to feck up but still be in the Championship?
The GAA may have killed its golden goose.
A championship with no competition is not going to attract crowds
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dinny Breen

5k turn up in Smithfield out of a population of 1.7m. A team of the people, puts the 90k in Limerick to shame.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

The Nestor Cup will be the hardest-fought trophy in 2019.. the very best match of the championship this year took place in New York on the very first weekend. Says it all, really.

Franko

Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2018, 12:48:38 AM

The Nestor Cup will be the hardest-fought trophy in 2019.. the very best match of the championship this year took place in New York on the very first weekend. Says it all, really.

Be some grudge matches in that alright...  ::)

Blowitupref

Is it true that John Horan said on RTE Sunday night you only have to look at the high attendance figures to know the game is in a healthy state right now?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 04, 2018, 12:30:14 PM
Is it true that John Horan said on RTE Sunday night you only have to look at the high attendance figures to know the game is in a healthy state right now?
Yeah, incredulously he cited the two full houses for the All-Ireland finals as his justification. Delusional.

armaghniac

Quote from: Owenmoresider on September 04, 2018, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on September 04, 2018, 12:30:14 PM
Yeah, incredulously he cited the two full houses for the All-Ireland finals as his justification. Delusional.

That such a person could become President is concerning for the Association.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B