AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

illdecide

TBH when i see shit like that i'm happy that i don't bother much with the alcohol, I hate seeing people wearing your county colours out of their heads falling all over the place making a scene.
Then when it makes the head lines in the news with Unionist's loving it so they can report it and bring it up and every opportunity...dick heads.

Why can't people go to the games with 3-4 pints and enjoy the craic and banter and when the get back home if they want another few then go to the pub/club back home, the state some of the people go to the games in is a shame TBH which brings me onto my next point...

I believe the GAA should take a zero tollerance on this behaviour in the future instead of sweeping it under the carpet, these people should be refused entry into the games whilst drunk (ticket or not). Bus and rail companies have to be on board too and refuse people onto their transport no matter if they have a ticket or not...This has to be enforced to stop these fools not only ruining our good reputation but spoiling our day for the rest of us.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

Quote from: illdecide on August 08, 2017, 11:24:46 PM
TBH when i see shit like that i'm happy that i don't bother much with the alcohol, I hate seeing people wearing your county colours out of their heads falling all over the place making a scene.
Then when it makes the head lines in the news with Unionist's loving it so they can report it and bring it up and every opportunity...dick heads.

Why can't people go to the games with 3-4 pints and enjoy the craic and banter and when the get back home if they want another few then go to the pub/club back home, the state some of the people go to the games in is a shame TBH which brings me onto my next point...

I believe the GAA should take a zero tollerance on this behaviour in the future instead of sweeping it under the carpet, these people should be refused entry into the games whilst drunk (ticket or not). Bus and rail companies have to be on board too and refuse people onto their transport no matter if they have a ticket or not...This has to be enforced to stop these fools not only ruining our good reputation but spoiling our day for the rest of us.

Why do they even need that many?

As for refusing entry due to drunkeness, there's bars in Croke Park. One could go in sober and be rightly pissed by the end of a double header. It's the general consensus that one can't go anywhere or doing anything without getting tanked up. The fact that it's so handily available in numerous outlets doesn't help the issue.

BennyHarp

Totally agree.
That was never a square ball!!

charlieTully

Armagh and Tyrone should be banned from all sport for evermore. Especially  handball. And badminton.

sid waddell

Quote from: APM on August 08, 2017, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 08, 2017, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: LurganHoop on August 08, 2017, 01:45:22 PM
There is really very little that either county board can do about this incident, however I do think they should issue a statement condemning it.
Reading fans of other counties talk about incidents involving Armagh & Tyrone fans over the years (some as far back as 17 years ago!) is really quite ridiculous...I could recount many incidents over the years where I have seen fans of other counties acting the drunken maggot including Derry lads at the first round of the Championship last year against Tyrone where a group of lads who had clearly been out on the lash from the night before proceeded to call just about every Tyrone player all the c**nts of the day (they were completely stinking too). Thankfully they left before the first half ended. Could talk about similar incidents with Cavan, Down, Fermanagh, Meath, Laois and Dublin fans. Maybe it is more prominent with Armagh & Tyrone because they bring a significantly larger support than most other counties (obviously barring Dublin). It would be great if these lads stayed away (like they do until we have a game in Croke Park) but unfortunately I can't see anything changing
The big problem is that in this country just about every big event is turned into a complete piss up. The footage from the train could have been taken in any town across the country on a Saturday night I have no doubt.

That long - was football even invented then?

Anyone remember an incident in Clones - Qualifier match - possibly 2001 / 2002 - Derry v Dublin.  Drunk Dublin fan decides to streak across the pitch, gets as far as the bottom of the hill and then goes onto relieve himself up against the fence. Think he got a couple of skelps for his trouble!
2003. My memory is that two lads ran onto the pitch at half time in the corner between the Hill and the terrace behind the goal. I don't remember them streaking (I might be wrong, or one or the other might have taken their top off), but one definitely had a pee on the pitch.

tyroneman

Quote. The trouble occurred on the last train at 9 .20.       

The trouble occurred on the 8.50 Enterprise. The 8.15 special train was allowed to leave early, meaning many fans with tickets, specifically for that service, were left behind in Dublin.

The crowd then surged into the Enterprise waiting area with the view that 'any train will do, I'm not risking being stuck in Dublin''

Clearly there was mismanagement in Dublin as either a) the 8.15 allowed passengers without the correct ticket on board or b) it left early with empty seats.

Either way I can understand why people thought feck this I'm making sure I get home on whatever train I can get on.

There was no communication from train staff in Dublin, no checking of tickets for the 8.50 and no attempt made to police the (clearly) heavily drunken crowd.

If you can drink all day and be allowed on a train with multiple cases of beer, bottles of wine and buckfast.....stupidity like what happened was inevitable.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

punt kick

Quote from: ziggysego on August 08, 2017, 07:50:20 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 08, 2017, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 08, 2017, 02:38:24 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 08, 2017, 02:37:22 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 08, 2017, 02:34:41 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 06, 2017, 02:21:40 PM
No Tyrone club ever won the all Ireland.

*coughs*

How could anyone forgot yer lot zigs

Happier days  ;D

I though Tyronies only counted all-ireland senior or club senior as all-irelands?

Nope, only people who have a serious gripe against Tyrone.

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 02, 2017, 05:04:29 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 03:43:17 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 02, 2017, 02:03:55 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 01:44:23 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 02, 2017, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: WT4E on August 02, 2017, 12:18:32 PM
Love Tyrone v Armagh games.

Gormleys block
McGuigan putting geezer on his hole and kicking a beauty in croker
Canavans free to put an end to the eternal Ulster Champs of the noughties

Tyrone should win but I hope its a good game for a while - Would be great if we could get baldy mckeever on the field and someone nail him near the end in retribution for putting his hand on God in 2005. But do we have anyone who could? McNamee - Hampsey - Mattie?

Let big Sean have a go - he'd probably shit himself if McKeever ran past him.

Your Possibly right - but whereas McKeever, a limited footballer, will only be remembered for getting God sent off in an Ulster Final acting a thug Cavanagh will be remembered for much more:

3 All Irelands
6 Ulster Titles
5 All Stars
etc.
etc.
etc.

Armaghs inferiority complex towards Tyrone is hilarious!!!!

What'ts the etc etc etc? Seems like you are insecure McKeever has plenty of accolades including an all-ireland and numerous ulsters.  Show's your insecurities when from behind a keyboard you want someone else to attack someone you wouldn't have the balls to look at.

When did McKeever win his all ireland?

U21 - 2004.

Quite possibly the comedy post of the decade!!  ;D ;D

OakleafCounty

Quote from: sid waddell on August 09, 2017, 01:41:47 AM
Quote from: APM on August 08, 2017, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: punt kick on August 08, 2017, 01:54:06 PM
Quote from: LurganHoop on August 08, 2017, 01:45:22 PM
There is really very little that either county board can do about this incident, however I do think they should issue a statement condemning it.
Reading fans of other counties talk about incidents involving Armagh & Tyrone fans over the years (some as far back as 17 years ago!) is really quite ridiculous...I could recount many incidents over the years where I have seen fans of other counties acting the drunken maggot including Derry lads at the first round of the Championship last year against Tyrone where a group of lads who had clearly been out on the lash from the night before proceeded to call just about every Tyrone player all the c**nts of the day (they were completely stinking too). Thankfully they left before the first half ended. Could talk about similar incidents with Cavan, Down, Fermanagh, Meath, Laois and Dublin fans. Maybe it is more prominent with Armagh & Tyrone because they bring a significantly larger support than most other counties (obviously barring Dublin). It would be great if these lads stayed away (like they do until we have a game in Croke Park) but unfortunately I can't see anything changing
The big problem is that in this country just about every big event is turned into a complete piss up. The footage from the train could have been taken in any town across the country on a Saturday night I have no doubt.

That long - was football even invented then?

Anyone remember an incident in Clones - Qualifier match - possibly 2001 / 2002 - Derry v Dublin.  Drunk Dublin fan decides to streak across the pitch, gets as far as the bottom of the hill and then goes onto relieve himself up against the fence. Think he got a couple of skelps for his trouble!
2003. My memory is that two lads ran onto the pitch at half time in the corner between the Hill and the terrace behind the goal. I don't remember them streaking (I might be wrong, or one or the other might have taken their top off), but one definitely had a pee on the pitch.

Dublin fans travelled in big numbers that day and a lot of them were tanked up. I think if Dublin was forced to travel more in the championship you would have to expect that.

illdecide

A Tyrone man told me the guys have been identified already, according to him (Edendork man) they're from Dungannon. I just laughed and said "you would say that" old rivals and all that.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

reddgnhand

Quote from: illdecide on August 09, 2017, 08:27:22 AM
A Tyrone man told me the guys have been identified already, according to him (Edendork man) they're from Dungannon. I just laughed and said "you would say that" old rivals and all that.

I went back and watched the video again once I read your post and being from Dungannon I think your source could be right.

ziggysego

I have to agree with you there illdecide. I like the odd drink myself, as is well documented with my drunken ramblings at 2am+ on the gaaboard a fair few years ago. However, never felt the need or want to drink before a match. Rather watch it and if the mood hits me, a drink after.

Flask of tea and a egg 'n' onion sandwich, with a kit-kat does me rightly.
Testing Accessibility

maddog

Quote from: ziggysego on August 09, 2017, 03:19:17 PM

I have to agree with you there illdecide. I like the odd drink myself, as is well documented with my drunken ramblings at 2am+ on the gaaboard a fair few years ago. However, never felt the need or want to drink before a match. Rather watch it and if the mood hits me, a drink after.

the old egg and onion does nothing for those caught downwind

ziggysego

Quote from: maddog on August 09, 2017, 03:21:44 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 09, 2017, 03:19:17 PM

the old egg and onion does nothing for those caught downwind

I've got helicobacter pylori, so it's a double whammy they're getting.
Testing Accessibility