NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario

I thought Tyrone probably deserved something from that game. Daly needs to shoot at the end there, it's not unlimited time until the attack breaks down.

clarshack

Shocking that no Tyrone player would take responsibility and shoot for an equaliser.

JoG2

Galway completely toothless up front and win in Omagh, very worrying from a Tyrone perspective

GaillimhIarthair

A hard watch but an important win in terms of trying to stay in Div 1. 
Some terrible turnovers late on that could have been very costly but got away with them.  A poor enough day from placed balls also.  Great to have Kelly back but more of the frontline lads will be required in the next few weeks.

greatpoint

Tyrone "well in control" and "could go up a gear if needed"

Hound

Why was Sean Kelly's point not allowed at the end?

Too many Tyrone lads turned down the chance to kick a point at the end. Can't expect the ref to allow play to keep going. Played an extra 45 seconds and the only stoppage that time could be added on for was a substitution

ONeill

No sympathy for the ending there. Should have taken the shot.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

RedHand88

Quote from: Hound on February 18, 2024, 03:25:50 PMWhy was Sean Kelly's point not allowed at the end?

Too many Tyrone lads turned down the chance to kick a point at the end. Can't expect the ref to allow play to keep going. Played an extra 45 seconds and the only stoppage that time could be added on for was a substitution

Think he hand passed it into the net?

Hound

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 18, 2024, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 18, 2024, 03:25:50 PMWhy was Sean Kelly's point not allowed at the end?

Think he hand passed it into the net?
Oh, I thought it went over. That explains it!  Cheers

Nanderson

Did the fisted effort not go into the net?

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: clarshack on February 18, 2024, 02:55:31 PMTyrone lucky that Matthew Tierney has missed a few easy frees.

Galway were lucky he was on the park to hit them! Clear cut red card in the first half. I didn't complain too much about Kilpatrick's red against Roscommon even though it should have been yellow, because he was asking for trouble flying into a challenge like that. But then you see that today, a clear red and it isn't given.

Tyrone performance nowhere near good enough regardless. Too many mistakes, poor decision making and lack of leadership. Seconds left and nobody is willing to take on a shot. Very poor and likely a very damaging defeat.

Hound

Quote from: clarshack on February 18, 2024, 03:24:34 PMShocking that no Tyrone player would take responsibility and shoot for an equaliser.
Looking at it again, it seems they were waiting for Morgan to come up to take it on!
In fairness, it's probably difficult for players to know exactly where they were on the 4 mins added time

greatpoint

Quote from: greatpoint on February 18, 2024, 03:25:34 PMTyrone "well in control" and "could go up a gear if needed"

I see the "could go up a gear" post has been deleted, hilarious.

galwayman

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on February 18, 2024, 03:25:17 PMA hard watch but an important win in terms of trying to stay in Div 1. 
Some terrible turnovers late on that could have been very costly but got away with them.  A poor enough day from placed balls also.  Great to have Kelly back but more of the frontline lads will be required in the next few weeks.
Absolutely there are a few lads not up to this level (in my opinion) getting game time at the moment.
If we can get everyone fit we'll be a different animal.
Sean Kelly, Liam Silke, Cillian McDaid, Shane Walsh, Damien Comer.
Daniel O Flaherty had a huge impact today when he came on. He has wheels

Wildweasel74

Tyrone went downhill badly from their All-Ireland win, hard to nail what's wrong, or why they fell away.If they haven't Morgan or Canavan available they be in serious trouble