The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: supersub on February 22, 2024, 02:29:42 PMCity's to lose. Arsenal close second after the dismantling job they did on Liverpool at the Emirates and the furore which followed from pitch and media. Ah well, always next year.

City would need to be top of the table before declaring that. Watched City's last two matches, lucky to get a draw against Chelsea and the match against Brentford was heading towards a draw until a slip that allowed Haaland in to score. Those was two home games they were expected to win by a bit to spare.

There is more spark to City's performances in the Champions league which might suggest retaining that trophy is their number one priority.

I questioned the timing of making public the departure of Klopp as it stands it's worked in Liverpool's favour as even with players out replacements have stepped in and given 100% with the aim to give Klopp a perfect send off at the end of this season.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gawa316

dec

Sparta Prague v Liverpool
Marseille v Villarreal
Roma v Brighton
Benfica v Rangers
Freiburg v West Ham
Sporting Lisbon v Atalanta
AC Milan v Slavia Prague
Qarabag v Bayer Leverkusen

gawa316

gawa316

Quote from: jcpen on February 23, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 23, 2024, 03:44:26 PMDecent enough draw...better teams than I thought left
Liverpool should be walking that, seriously apart from maybe Bayer Leverkusen they are streets ahead of everyone. A Liverpool v Leverkusen final would be good.

Agree with that but still some decent teams...Benfica and Sporting in there who are above Porto in their league who just beat Arsenal in the CL.

I would not want to be playing Leverkusen in the final

gawa316

Quote from: markl121 on February 23, 2024, 11:19:15 AMhttps://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/s/0KEAAlOqG6
Glorious

Jeez did Luton even get a touch in their half until near the end of the video?

Bradley had some 10 or so min spell there

J70

Nunez, Salah and Szobozlai not even in squad. Really weak bench. This is on the starters.

jcpen

Quote from: J70 on February 25, 2024, 02:03:28 PMNunez, Salah and Szobozlai not even in squad. Really weak bench. This is on the starters.
Chelsea must be slight favorites when you see the Liverpool squad. Not much on that bench for them to come on and change things. Liverpool won't want extra time that's for sure.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: jcpen on February 25, 2024, 02:08:52 PM
Quote from: J70 on February 25, 2024, 02:03:28 PMNunez, Salah and Szobozlai not even in squad. Really weak bench. This is on the starters.
Chelsea must be slight favorites when you see the Liverpool squad. Not much on that bench for them to come on and change things. Liverpool won't want extra time that's for sure.

Chelsea are never favourites for anything anymore.

jcpen

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on February 25, 2024, 02:10:00 PM
Quote from: jcpen on February 25, 2024, 02:08:52 PM

Chelsea are never favourites for anything anymore.
Big chance for them today all the same with that Liverpool squad. First 11 is decent but not much on the bench, I'm not a Liverpool fan but I don't recognize most of them names on the bench.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Hound

Yep. Even without our best 3 strikers, it's still a decent team. But nothing on the bench. Even one of Mo or Darwin being on the bench would have given me good hope for the win, but it's a big ask now.

J70

It will be a miracle if Liverpool win this now. Gravenburch gone (for a while it looks), Bradley right midfield, absolutely nothing on the bench.

RedHand88

I have no idea what a red card is anymore. I cannot see how a studs up challenge goes unpunished but Bradley tangling with chillwell is a yellow.