Luas network

Started by BennyCake, December 21, 2017, 01:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 10:46:41 PM
Park it the back of Meaghers or under the billboards just across from the garage at the Luke Kelly bridge. Up Philipsburgh Avenue, Grace Park road and you're at Whitehall in a jiffy. Works every time.
Depends on what sort of yoke you wan to park. I doubt if you could park a bike behind Meagher's, never mind a car,on any day when CP is open.
As for parking under the billboards, there isn't a hope you'd park anything anywhere near it. There's a laneway alright beside the tyre shop but it's a mickey mouse affair, four or five cars at most and as it's a cul de sac, you'd wouldn't have a snowball's chance of hell of getting out until the rush is over and traffic flow returns to normal.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

gallsman

Sounds like you could do with some driving practice. Meaghers is full of anything and everything on match day and people get in and out absolutely no bother.

I've parked under the billboards on several occasions with absolutely no trouble too.

You southern drivers. Incompetent pansies the lot of you.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Tubberman on December 22, 2017, 06:52:34 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 22, 2017, 05:51:32 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 22, 2017, 04:57:28 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 21, 2017, 02:38:48 PM
Parnell Square or Marlborough Street is as close as it'll bring you.

Goes out as far as Broombridge (Cabra) now, seems to be causing a lot of traffic problems in the city centre and the extended trams haven't arrived yet so the trams are often full at peak times.

Does it stop near the M1/M50 northbound?
Don't think it goes within miles of it.
It ends where it meets the Dublin Sligo rail line which from memory  is a long way away from M1/M50.

Broombridge is only a couple of hundred metres in the n3 off the m50
I think you are thinking of the Phoenix park station. Broom bridge is in the middle of Cabra at least 3 miles from the m50
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Owenmoresider

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 23, 2017, 10:33:44 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on December 22, 2017, 06:52:34 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 22, 2017, 05:51:32 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on December 22, 2017, 04:57:28 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 21, 2017, 02:38:48 PM
Parnell Square or Marlborough Street is as close as it'll bring you.

Goes out as far as Broombridge (Cabra) now, seems to be causing a lot of traffic problems in the city centre and the extended trams haven't arrived yet so the trams are often full at peak times.

Does it stop near the M1/M50 northbound?
Don't think it goes within miles of it.
It ends where it meets the Dublin Sligo rail line which from memory  is a long way away from M1/M50.

Broombridge is only a couple of hundred metres in the n3 off the m50
I think you are thinking of the Phoenix park station. Broom bridge is in the middle of Cabra at least 3 miles from the m50
It's at the back of Cabra really, it'd probably be easier to go out to the N2 from it and head out that way.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2017, 11:29:13 PM
Sounds like you could do with some driving practice. Meaghers is full of anything and everything on match day and people get in and out absolutely no bother.

I've parked under the billboards on several occasions with absolutely no trouble too.

You southern drivers. Incompetent pansies the lot of you.
If you can find parking on a busy match day in either location, then you are a truly remarkable man. ;D

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

gallsman

Obviously referring to the laneway - you park there up against the wall and you're out in no time.

If you turn up to Meaghers for 10.30-11 you're essentially guaranteed a parking spot.