FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 17, 2015, 03:43:31 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 17, 2015, 02:12:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2015, 12:25:54 PM
Surely we have some young lads around 17-19 year old playing at some of the Premiership clubs that could make the break thru?

Look at the u19 sqaud, there's not too many of them playing for premiership clubs and none of them at top clubs.

United, Arsenal & Liverpool always had several young Irish players on their books, not too many these days unfortunately. Qualification for future tournaments will become unlikely given the lack of talent coming through.

As I said earlier I dont see O'Neill bringing in any new faces before Euro 2016
For the world cup they may take a look at Dan Crowley or Patrick Bamford both young (18 and 21) but unfortunately both suffer a touch of Grealishitis and will wait to see if they have a sniff of an England call up first.

Here is an interesting guardian article from a month ago about the next generation

3 of the lads are on Irelands books

Sorry had work to do and didnt finish before I posted DOH
Anyway here is the interesting guardian article

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2015/oct/06/next-generation-2015-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

3 of the lads are on Irelands books (Marcus Agyei-Tabi, James Finnerty, Kian Flanagan and some of the others with Irish sounding names that may also qualify)

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: foxcommander on November 17, 2015, 03:36:27 PM
You'd be looking at trying to convert a few more Jack Charlton style if there's not many coming through the ranks. I wonder why this lad went back to england.

http://www.balls.ie/football/dan-crowley-is-set-to-switch-his-allegiance-to-ireland/308440

I really hope Grealish doesn't make the england squad for 2016.

Im almost certain he wont which kind of makes his decision all the more baffling.

NAG1

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 17, 2015, 04:15:49 PM
You'd be looking at trying to convert a few more Jack Charlton style if there's not many coming through the ranks. I wonder why this lad went back to england.

http://www.balls.ie/football/dan-crowley-is-set-to-switch-his-allegiance-to-ireland/308440

Im almost certain he wont which kind of makes his decision all the more baffling.

Not that I agree with him but he was probably looking and realising that while he had a very outside chance of getting into the squad for the Euro '16 he would be starting to hit his peak coming up to the next world cup and the Euros after that which England would have a more than decent chance of qualifying for.

JPGJOHNNYG

Here is Crowley scoring a great goal the other night so hopefully we can get him to switch back again

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/watch-arsenal-youngster-dan-crowley-6840189

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 17, 2015, 04:28:57 PM
Here is Crowley scoring a great goal the other night so hopefully we can get him to switch back again

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/watch-arsenal-youngster-dan-crowley-6840189

As a Gooner I've been keeping tabs on this lad for some time now.

He was doing really well at Barnsley then all of a sudden ended up back at Arsenal. Not sure whether that was a lack of midfielders at Arsenal or some discipline issue. Hopefully not the latter. Perhaps someone can confirm.

Similar style player to Jack Wilshere - hopefully the personalities are very different!

foxcommander

Quote from: NAG1 on November 17, 2015, 04:23:32 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 17, 2015, 04:15:49 PM

Not that I agree with him but he was probably looking and realising that while he had a very outside chance of getting into the squad for the Euro '16 he would be starting to hit his peak coming up to the next world cup and the Euros after that which England would have a more than decent chance of qualifying for.

His star may have faded by then if he was thinking long term. There's plenty of other players making it into the England midfield and he won't be guaranteed a starting place or a place at all. Alli and Dier from spurs breaking though, Wilshere, Sterling and Barkley. He's going to find a nice place on the bench perhaps.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Maroon Manc

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 17, 2015, 04:12:22 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 17, 2015, 03:43:31 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on November 17, 2015, 02:12:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2015, 12:25:54 PM
Surely we have some young lads around 17-19 year old playing at some of the Premiership clubs that could make the break thru?

Look at the u19 sqaud, there's not too many of them playing for premiership clubs and none of them at top clubs.

United, Arsenal & Liverpool always had several young Irish players on their books, not too many these days unfortunately. Qualification for future tournaments will become unlikely given the lack of talent coming through.

As I said earlier I dont see O'Neill bringing in any new faces before Euro 2016
For the world cup they may take a look at Dan Crowley or Patrick Bamford both young (18 and 21) but unfortunately both suffer a touch of Grealishitis and will wait to see if they have a sniff of an England call up first.

Here is an interesting guardian article from a month ago about the next generation

3 of the lads are on Irelands books

Sorry had work to do and didnt finish before I posted DOH
Anyway here is the interesting guardian article

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2015/oct/06/next-generation-2015-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

3 of the lads are on Irelands books (Marcus Agyei-Tabi, James Finnerty, Kian Flanagan and some of the others with Irish sounding names that may also qualify)

Only one of them born in Ireland though and wouldn't be surprised to see 2 of those lads do a Grealish if their good enough to receive a call up from England.

Ireland are wasting their money with full time scouts in England trying to pick up lads as young as 13, better of spending the money on producing their own talent.

JPGJOHNNYG

Dele alli scores a cracker looks like thats one more ahead of grealish in the pecking order

MW

Quote from: ashman on November 16, 2015, 10:26:46 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 16, 2015, 10:12:46 PM
Poor Scotland missing out on the party. Wales and OWC and England and us there.

Well dumbed down tournament .   Both Ireland s and Wales will be filleted and England will struggle too .

Northern Ireland (and England) topped their group so can't be counted among any supposed "dumbing down".

Wales (and Iceland and Albania, whose presence will also no doubt be pointed to in the coming months) were group runners-up, so were among the top 18, so could well have made the 15 (plus hosts) of previous tournaments.

Main Street

I have to hand it to this bbc reporter Thomas Kane ( also does the GAA sideline reporting for bbcni) who managed to finish his post match  report on the game
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34838162

I think President Higgins can be seen (just about)  joining in on the  chorus.

deiseach

Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2015, 01:06:55 AM
I have to hand it to this bbc reporter Thomas Kane ( also does the GAA sideline reporting for bbcni) who managed to finish his post match  report on the game
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34838162

But where are the dildos?

Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2015, 01:06:55 AM
I think President Higgins can be seen (just about)  joining in on the  chorus.

Ah.

johnneycool

Young English team looked very impressive last night without a good few 'stars'.

I think Grealish won't be going to France next year and may end up like a Leon Osman with one cap to his name at the end of his career!

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: johnneycool on November 18, 2015, 09:39:28 AM
Young English team looked very impressive last night without a good few 'stars'.

I think Grealish won't be going to France next year and may end up like a Leon Osman with one cap to his name at the end of his career!

Hard to take commentary.  At one stage commentator said that Roy Hodgson wanted to try a pacey counter attacking game with these young players for a long time. However, he couldn't as England had not met a team brave enough to attack them.

/Jim.

johnneycool

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on November 18, 2015, 09:53:44 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 18, 2015, 09:39:28 AM

Hard to take commentary.  At one stage commentator said that Roy Hodgson wanted to try a pacey counter attacking game with these young players for a long time. However, he couldn't as England had not met a team brave enough to attack them.

/Jim.

Heard that as well, although they were in a pretty easy group, hardly conceding many goals, he may have had a point, but Spain found the net handily enough the other night.

From the Bunker

Spain, Italy and Czech Rep. Would be a Nightmare Group for ourselves, Wales or NI

Belguim, Austria and Hungary. Would give us a chance to nab some result(s).