FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Quote from: thewobbler on September 09, 2012, 06:05:23 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 09, 2012, 05:13:21 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 09, 2012, 11:02:03 AM
I have to say, James McClean does come across as a self-centred p***k every time he talks.

I can see O'Neill moving him along soon, if he doesn't work out that he's been given an opportunity, and a reward.

He was just saying what 99% of supporters were thinking I imagine. As a member of the panel he probably should keep that to himself but it hardly makes him a self centred p***k.

His behaviour on Twitter with OWC stuff was embarrassing too.

All McClean has achieved in his career to date is become the latest in a long line of Irish soccer players who achieve more in their absence than in their presence.

When he changes that, then he can opine all he likes.

So if Seanie Johnston was a soccer player he wouldn't be a self centred p***k, however he's an amateur GAH man so he is. Fair enough. Nice to get indirect exposure to Miley's words of wisdom every so often.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Main Street

I'd be with Myles on this, never did McClean utter such profundity in so few words,  an opinion about that performance probably shared by most fans.

thewobbler

Quote from: anglocelt39 on September 09, 2012, 08:37:34 PM
I have to say, James McClean does come across as a self-centred p***k every time he talks.

I can see O'Neill moving him along soon, if he doesn't work out that he's been given an opportunity, and a reward.

He was just saying what 99% of supporters were thinking I imagine. As a member of the panel he probably should keep that to himself but it hardly makes him a self centred p***k.

All McClean has achieved in his career to date is become the latest in a long line of Irish soccer players who achieve more in their absence than in their presence.

So if Seanie Johnston was a soccer player he wouldn't be a self centred p***k, however he's an amateur GAH man so he is. Fair enough. Nice to get indirect exposure to Miley's words of wisdom every so often.

It's truly odd. It suggests to me that people actually want their soccer players to behave like pr1cks.

Witness the shockingly OTT reaction to Mark McHugh's comments about Antrim (comments which were 100% on the mark), for how we seem to expect our GAA players to be robotic in comparison.

I'll repeat again: McClean should keep his opinions to himself, until he has proven himself as someone worth listening to. All he is, for now, is a fella who has had half a good season in the EPL. Which makes him, at this level, Mr Average.

mylestheslasher

Listen anglocelt. You have continuously made a tit out of yourself whenever you have engaged me. The last time we did you told everyone you were putting me on ignore and I told you that you wouldn't be able to resist. Proving me right yet again here you are.

To the point in hand, you might note I said he should have said nothing. As for seanie Johnston, well McClean is still playing for his country but seanie is playing his ball, like the traitor he is, in kildare.

anglocelt39

Quote from: thewobbler on September 09, 2012, 09:11:41 PM

It's truly odd. It suggests to me that people actually want their soccer players to behave like pr1cks.

Witness the shockingly OTT reaction to Mark McHugh's comments about Antrim (comments which were 100% on the mark), for how we seem to expect our GAA players to be robotic in comparison.

I'll repeat again: McClean should keep his opinions to himself, until he has proven himself as someone worth listening to. All he is, for now, is a fella who has had half a good season in the EPL. Which makes him, at this level, Mr Average.

couldn't agree more, if McClean and that other clown Gibson were behaving like they have been down at their local GAH club they would be told to get off   but because they have a twitter account and Jamie Redknapp refers to them on a first name basis some clowns seem to think they are worthy of some greater respect. I blame it on post colonial celebrity obsession.

anglocelt39

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 09, 2012, 09:37:59 PM

Listen anglocelt. You have continuously made a tit out of yourself whenever you have engaged me. The last time we did you told everyone you were putting me on ignore and I told you that you wouldn't be able to resist. Proving me right yet again here you are.

To the point in hand, you might note I said he should have said nothing. As for seanie Johnston, well McClean is still playing for his country but seanie is playing his ball, like the traitor he is, in kildare.

Indeed Myles and as you will well know the ignore function does not extend to nonsensical posts being copied and pasted by other users but sure it's no harm to be reminded of your ability to post nonsense on any range of topics not just the ones that personally obsess you.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: anglocelt39 on September 09, 2012, 09:44:48 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 09, 2012, 09:37:59 PM

Indeed Myles and as you will well know the ignore function does not extend to nonsensical posts being copied and pasted by other users but sure it's no harm to be reminded of your ability to post nonsense on any range of topics not just the ones that personally obsess you.

How did you see my last reply then? No one "quoted" it. Full of shit.

tommysmith

anglocelt39

spuds

Team tonight
D. Forde Galway
S. Coleman Donegal
S. Kelly Dublin
P. McShane Wicklow
M. Wilson Armagh
R. Brady Dublin
J. McCarthy Scotland
D. Meyler Cork
A. Keogh Dublin
S. Long Tipperary
K. Doyle Wexford

All corners of the country represented.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

AQMP

Quote from: spuds on September 11, 2012, 11:53:48 AM
Team tonight
D. Forde Galway
S. Coleman Donegal
S. Kelly Dublin
P. McShane Wicklow
M. Wilson Armagh
R. Brady Dublin
J. McCarthy Scotland
D. Meyler Cork
A. Keogh Dublin
S. Long Tipperary
K. Doyle Wexford

Is Marc Wilson not from Aghagallon in the glorious one true county of Antrim??

All of a Sludden

It has been reported that the Republic of Ireland will play England in a friendly at Wembley next year.

It will form part of the English FA's 150-year anniversary celebrations next May.

The two nations have not played each other since their February 1995 clash in Lansdowne Road which was postponed after 27 minutes when England fans started rioting.

It is a coup for the FAI who had tried to arrange a meeting with England prior to the European Championships, but was shelved when the draw for the competition brought the possibility of the two facing each other in the quarter-finals.

With the game being played in Wembley, it means that the FA will owe the FAI a return game at the Aviva.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

From the Bunker

Team tonight
D. Forde Galway
S. Coleman Donegal
S. Kelly Dublin
P. McShane Wicklow
M. Wilson Armagh
R. Brady Dublin
J. McCarthy Scotland
D. Meyler Cork
A. Keogh Dublin
S. Long Tipperary
K. Doyle Wexford

Is that the closest we have had to an all irish born team since the granny rule came in?

Forever Green

I know I deserved it but the Under 21s let my accumulator down yesterday, the bastards. They must have a pretty decent team to go win 4-2 in Italy with 9 men ffs

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 11, 2012, 03:12:56 PM
Team tonight
D. Forde Galway
S. Coleman Donegal
S. Kelly Dublin
P. McShane Wicklow
M. Wilson Armagh
R. Brady Dublin
J. McCarthy Scotland
D. Meyler Cork
A. Keogh Dublin
S. Long Tipperary
K. Doyle Wexford

Is that the closest we have had to an all irish born team since the granny rule came in?

9 from 11 Irish born so fairly close to a full XI alright.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.