FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Mick Wallace trending on Twitter. Apparently he asked Gilmore, in the Dail, whether the Dail could take a two week holiday for the Euros. Good to see he has nothing more important to worry about.

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 17, 2011, 10:00:18 PM
Mick Wallace trending on Twitter. Apparently he asked Gilmore, in the Dail, whether the Dail could take a two week holiday for the Euros. Good to see he has nothing more important to worry about.
You are an intelligent chap Maguire, surely you can state Wallace's request with a bit more accuracy?
He asked the Dail to take 2 weeks of the Dail summer break  during the Euros and to come back 2 weeks earlier in September.
What is the problem with that?  it makes common sense.

Hardy

The original question stands. We are on the verge of economic meltdown in Europe and a crisis of democracy on a scale unheard of since the early thirties is developing, yet Mick Wallace thinks the issue of the day is the consideration of whether the TDs we elected to steer us out of this mess will be assured, seven months in advance, of time off to witness the "Republic Of Ireland" team being dumped out of another international soccer tournament.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2011, 12:18:09 AM
You are an intelligent chap Maguire, surely you can state Wallace's request with a bit more accuracy?
You might have noticed my use of the word 'apparently'. And my reference to what was being said on Twitter.

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 18, 2011, 07:57:47 AM
Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2011, 12:18:09 AM
You might have noticed my use of the word 'apparently'. And my reference to what was being said on Twitter.
If you left it at what was apparent, then no problem.
Instead you verified it in your post with an unqualified sarcastic comment.

I take it that you don't follow Wallace's twitter musings.

magpie seanie

How did the people of Wexford elect that clown?

AZOffaly

I heard him on Newstalk last night, he sounded like he hadn't a clue.

Declan

Ireland's World Cup qualifying fixtures agreed

Friday, 18 November 2011 12:41
The Republic of Ireland will start and end their qualifying campaign for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil with games against Kazakhstan.

Following a meeting at the headquarters of their German counterparts in Frankfurt, the Football Association of Ireland announced today that agreement has been reached over their fixture schedule.

Giovanni Trapattoni's men begin their campaign with a trip to Kazakhstan on 7 September and follow that by welcoming Germany to the Aviva Stadium on 12 October.

With Germany heavy favourites to top the group, Trapattoni may realistically be hoping to beat Sweden to second place for a play-off spot.

Ireland travel to Sweden in March of next year before hosting the return game in September.

Manager Giovanni Trapattoni, who this week guided his side to the Euro 2012 finals after a play-off victory over Estonia, said: "This is a good fixture schedule for our team with a good balance to the matches.

"We finish the campaign at home and start with a single away match against Kazakhstan, which was important given the long distances involved.

"I am also happy with the balance obtained in the double-headers and the timing of what we would expect to be some of the key matches in the group."

Trapattoni's current contract expires at the end to the Euro 2012 campaign, however talks over an extension to cover the World Cup qualifying campaign are expected to take place in the coming weeks.

In an usual turn, the participating teams agreed to play one match, Faroe Islands v Austria, in early June 2012. This proposal was supported by UEFA.

Republic of Ireland World Cup Qualifying Group C schedule:

7 September, 2012

Kazakhstan v Republic of Ireland

12 October, 2012

Republic of Ireland v Germany

16 October, 2012

Faroe Islands v Republic of Ireland

22 March, 2013

Sweden v Republic of Ireland

26 March, 2013

Republic of Ireland v Austria

7 June, 2013

Republic of Ireland v Faroe Islands

6 September, 2013

Republic of Ireland v Sweden

10 September, 2013

Austria v Republic of Ireland

11 October, 2013

Germany v Republic of Ireland

15 October, 2013

Republic of Ireland v Kazakhstan

magpie seanie

Might go with to the first match dressed as Borat.  ;D

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 18, 2011, 01:20:42 PM
I heard him explain himself for this Dail request on RTE and he sounded clear enough with his reasons.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2011, 02:13:04 PM
I heard him explain himself for this Dail request on RTE and he sounded clear enough with his reasons.

Maybe he sorted himself out. In general it sounded like he didn't want to say on Newstalk that he wanted the time off because he'd do feck all if the dail was sitting during the soccer.

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 18, 2011, 01:58:53 PM
Might go with to the first match dressed as Borat.  ;D

March 22 2013 looks good  - away to Sweden, might as well even go to the match when we are there  ;)

Main Street

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 18, 2011, 02:16:15 PM

Maybe he sorted himself out. In general it sounded like he didn't want to say on Newstalk that he wanted the time off because he'd do feck all if the dail was sitting during the soccer.
I suspect that you misunderstood completely.
He has already stated that he is taking 2 weeks off, that he is attending the Euro Finals
He has given account of his attendance record at the Dail, which is excellent.
He said the Dail would be less productive during this time and would better off just admitting that and rearrange the summer dates would be a positive step.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2011, 02:22:55 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 18, 2011, 02:16:15 PM

I suspect that you misunderstood completely.
He has already stated that he is taking 2 weeks off, that he is attending the Euro Finals
He has given account of his attendance record at the Dail, which is excellent.
He said the Dail would be less productive during this time and would better off just admitting that and rearrange the summer dates would be a positive step.

I didn't misunderstand at all. I realised that was exactly what he was saying, although I didn't realise he was taking the holidays, but he point blank refused to say the Dail would be less productive during that time. It was obvious that's what he meant, but when the Newstalk guy said 'Are you telling me that ye can't make sure ye get the head down and be productive if the soccer is on, and the Dail is in session?' He said 'No, but the whole of Ireland will be less productive'. The guy said 'Are you saying the dail would be less productive?' he said 'No, but I'm proposing that we do this, because the whole of Ireland will be less productive'.

He was not clear enough. In the end he 'dropped off the line'.

Hardy

Quote from: Declan on November 18, 2011, 01:56:47 PM
Ireland's World Cup qualifying fixtures agreed

Friday, 18 November 2011 12:41
The Republic of Ireland will start and end their qualifying campaign for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil

:o

(Isn't Kazakhstan in Asia, by the way?)

[Edit: Ooops - apparently not.]