Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: yellowcard on February 03, 2019, 10:54:45 PM
There are plenty of players throughout the divisions who could put a shift in and have a great attitude but it doesn't make them good enough for Man United. Fellainis time at United signifies some of the worst football seen at the club. He is most suited to playing just off a front man but within the confines of a primitive game plan that involves long balls and lots of crosses. He was one lucky lad to last 6 years at Man United, he is a Big Sam/Pulis type player.

There are a lot of players at Old Trafford who have been there longer and deserve it less.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trailer

Fellaini was an Everton player and nothing more. Constantly struggled at Utd in very poor sides. Interesting he has to go to China to get a game, no other club in European leagues would touch him. Says it all really. Ole should get the job permanently, based on this bit of transfer business alone.

nrico2006

Quote from: trailer on February 04, 2019, 11:24:03 AM
Fellaini was an Everton player and nothing more. Constantly struggled at Utd in very poor sides. Interesting he has to go to China to get a game, no other club in European leagues would touch him. Says it all really. Ole should get the job permanently, based on this bit of transfer business alone.

I doubt you really believe that in any other club in  Europe would want him.  Played a lot of Premier League games and played nearly 100 games for Belgium.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

yellowcard

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 04, 2019, 12:28:44 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 04, 2019, 11:24:03 AM

I doubt you really believe that in any other club in  Europe would want him.  Played a lot of Premier League games and played nearly 100 games for Belgium.

The fact that he is supposed to be on £350k a week would have scuppered any chance of that ever happening. He can count himself a very lucky player with the living he has made from the game.

Maroon Manc

Great result, won't be many teams who take 6 points of Leicester this season.

Its going to be a very tough month and United need to get more out of Sanchez; He looks nothing like the player he was at Arsenal.

BennyCake

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2018, 04:03:57 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 02, 2018, 04:00:13 PM
I have a feeling Sanchez will be an enormous flop. Moreso than Di Maria.

You're not good at this trolling craic. I'd retire if I were you.

Quote from: GJL on February 02, 2018, 07:32:21 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 02, 2018, 04:00:13 PM
I have a feeling Sanchez will be an enormous flop. Moreso than Di Maria.

;D

Yea because like Di Maria he has no experience of the Premier League. Oh wait....

Just saying.

gawa316

Fellaini is one of those players were both sets of fans would groan if you see him about to come on.

NAG1

Alexis has gone from being the main man at Arsenal to a fringe player at United.

The Ole wants to play with a really high paced attack doesnt suit him, so the only position he could fill is the attacking midfield role that Pogba is currently playing.

It is a pity that it hasnt worked out for him, JM didnt seem to fully trust him and his form has totally dipped.

I think a move is probably best for him so he can hopefully rediscover his form of a couple of seasons ago.

magpie seanie

Leicester was a very good result. Lovely goal.

Sanchez has been an awful disappointment. Hard to understand.

Some of the comments on here about Fellaini are well out of order and inaccurate. The guy always tried his best and was capped a lot of times by Belgium during an era when they had one of their best ever sides. Scored a few crucial goals in the run to winning the FA Cup and Europa League so fair play to him.

Boycey

Any speculation today over who Ole and Phelan were looking at last night at Lyon-PSG?

yellowcard

Quote from: Boycey on February 04, 2019, 05:09:52 PM
Any speculation today over who Ole and Phelan were looking at last night at Lyon-PSG?

I think it is fairly obvious that they were looking at PSG ahead of the CL tie.

Six weeks ago I'd have given United little chance in that match, now I feel that it's very much a 50/50 tie with Neymar getting injured and them losing their unbeaten record last night.

gawa316

Surely it was just PSG?? ???

Boycey

Quote from: gawa316 on February 04, 2019, 05:15:21 PM

Ah right yeah  :-[  Monday!!!! it even took me 10 secs to figure out your answer  ;D

gawa316

Quote from: Boycey on February 04, 2019, 05:52:48 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 04, 2019, 05:15:21 PM

Ah right yeah  :-[  Monday!!!! it even took me 10 secs to figure out your answer  ;D

Ha ha happens to us all mate!

AZOffaly