Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Puff

good result for the gooners in what was a potential banana skin

ONeill

Walcott ankle sprain confirmed. Wenger: 'Definitely out for Sunday. Cesc has a hamstring problem, will be assessed tomorrow'
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nrico2006

Is Fabregas' injury problems turning more serious?  He seems to constantly be out of action, and it is usually his hamstring that is the problem.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ross4life

David Villa is convinced Barca will make the quarter finals.

"We will go through to the next round, I'm sure, because we were far superior in everything expept for the result at the Emirates, we just need to perform better in front of goal in the Camp Nou"

Wenger has a bit of dilemma on Sunday if Fabregas,VP are passed fit because playing them on a poor Wembley pitch before the Camp Nou return is high risk IMO
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Puckoon

Walcott will be a huge loss at the Nou Camp - especially with Pique out injured. Id have fancied him for an away goal.

paco

Quote from: Puckoon on February 24, 2011, 07:24:41 PM
Walcott will be a huge loss at the Nou Camp - especially with Pique out injured. Id have fancied him for an away goal.

Is he definitely out? What's the damage?

Puckoon

Sprained ankle with the game 2 weeks away. There's no word yet - I was just talking in possibilities.

ONeill

Fabregas absent from the final on Sunday - big pity. I suppose Nasri will get the central role with hopefully Van Persie and Kochielny back.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

Rvp to be the captain. Lets hope no more injuries
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

Just watched the 07 final with chelsea on espn. Can't see as many red cards this weekend

gerry

Schwarzer reveals his agony after missing out on Arsenal move

The Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has admitted that he was devastated by the transfer window dealings which saw him refused a move to Arsenal. He said that Shay Given turned down a move to Craven Cottage to dash his hopes at the at the end of the summer.

Schwarzer said in today's Australian Daily Telegraph: "Mark Hughes and the staff made it absolutely clear that they wanted to keep me and would only let me leave if they found a keeper of equal standing at the very least.

"They only had one option [Given]. Unfortunately, the day before the window closed, he made himself unavailable.

"It was a huge letdown, I won't deny it, and it took me quite a while to get over things and get my head around it, get everything right, because my head was all over the pace."

"It was very difficult to take and people deal with it in different ways. But you try and hold it all together because you want your family to think you're on top of things. It was a very tough period for me."

This may have been a blessing in disguise for Arsenal, as Wojciech Szczesny has emerged from being third-choice at the Gunners to become an integral part of the team as they challenge for all four trophies this season.

gerry

lucky not a penalty in the first minutes

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gerry

Should be 3 down at this stage