Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on May 05, 2012, 02:32:40 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on May 05, 2012, 02:28:49 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on May 05, 2012, 02:26:50 PM
van persie again 3-2

this would not be a great result for spurs or newcastle fans if it stays like this

3-3
Any chink of light for Newcastle could spell disaster against City.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

They deserve everything they get. Spurs and Newcastle have shown more guts and deserve to be higher placed than Arsenal. One man carried the Gunners all season.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2012, 08:59:25 PM
They deserve everything they get. Spurs and Newcastle have shown more guts and deserve to be higher placed than Arsenal. One man carried the Gunners all season.
Fucked when thon boy leaves.

ONeill

Still fairly angry at that performance yesterday and, although you always want them to finish in the highest position possible, a 4th or 5th place below Spurs is what they deserve. They were complacent, unorganised and tactically clueless. Wenger came out with the same guff about underestimating or subconsciously thinking it'd be easy. That's his fault, not the team's. It was a miracle that Arsenal got themselves into position to finish 3rd in the first place. They had a run of jammy results and RVP netting everything that sniffed.

Although you hope Villa get a point today, I also can't help but feel it'll let a team off the hook that needs to be taught a lesson. That was the last home game yet Song and Ramsey strolled through it thinking it was only a matter of time before they cut loose. A Fergie side would never have that attitude. Or Pulis, Hughes, Moyes.

They don't deserve to add to the 18 years of finishing above Spurs. They were great teams.

Up the Villa (sort of).

ziggy90

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2012, 09:25:06 AM
Still fairly angry at that performance yesterday and, although you always want them to finish in the highest position possible, a 4th or 5th place below Spurs is what they deserve. They were complacent, unorganised and tactically clueless. Wenger came out with the same guff about underestimating or subconsciously thinking it'd be easy. That's his fault, not the team's. It was a miracle that Arsenal got themselves into position to finish 3rd in the first place. They had a run of jammy results and RVP netting everything that sniffed.

Although you hope Villa get a point today, I also can't help but feel it'll let a team off the hook that needs to be taught a lesson. That was the last home game yet Song and Ramsey strolled through it thinking it was only a matter of time before they cut loose. A Fergie side would never have that attitude. Or Pulis, Hughes, Moyes.

They don't deserve to add to the 18 years of finishing above Spurs. They were great teams.

Up the Villa Vile (sort of).
FFS ONeill.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

I don't think Wenger is getting the best out of that squad - never thought I'd hear myself saying that.  I'd imagine that knowing the high standards he sets for himself and the team's performance, he will be on a self-imposed way out this summer. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Arsenal qualifying for the UCL would be a joke and probably the worst thing that could happen for them.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

What a great point that was yesterday.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2012, 05:01:56 PM
What a great point that was yesterday.

Is that you Arsene? How have you let such mentally weak players still play for Arsenal, it's a long time since I was so disgusted with 2 players performances as I was yesterday with Song and Ramsey.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Arsenal and Spurs are having some kind of existentialist season run-in:

"Do we want third? What does 'third' even mean?"
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Arsene prepares for next week.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2012, 06:48:18 PM

Arsene prepares for next week.

And my entrée: Turd Plaice over choked spud.
MWWSI 2017

centre 3/4s

I am a wenger supporter and honestly believe he has the best interests of the club at heart but if we don't finish 3rd i think it is time the great man moved aside. He has been brilliant for this club and i honestly believe that the players are much more to blame than Arsene but the buck does stop with him and he did sign all the goats.. Ramsey, Djourou, Schillachi, Chamack, Santos, to name a few. All those and a few others need to be shipped out if we are serious about competing at the highest level

Main Street

3rd place is wrap, you backsliders  ;D

Where's your backbone?