Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Enjoyed that. City are a decent, physically strong team but not as good as I'd imagined them to be. They could easily have lost that game but that'll stand them in good stead. Arsenal need to lift themselves straight away and get 3 points at Villa on Wednesday to stay with the top 4.

Big pity Walcott hid for most of it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gawa316

Quote from: ONeill on December 18, 2011, 06:21:20 PM
Enjoyed that. City are a decent, physically strong team but not as good as I'd imagined them to be. They could easily have lost that game but that'll stand them in good stead. Arsenal need to lift themselves straight away and get 3 points at Villa on Wednesday to stay with the top 4.

That won't be hard villa are truly awful

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gawa316 on December 18, 2011, 06:26:01 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 18, 2011, 06:21:20 PM

That won't be hard villa are truly awful
Won't be as awful if Agbonlahor,Bent return on Wednesday.

Dinny Breen

Good performance yesterday, probably deserved a point as two key decisions went against the Arse, RVP's off-side and the clear handball, if that was a home fixture they probably gone the Goons way. Over all though City had more quality going forward and no matter how hard you try to dislike them they do have a good attitude and play the game the way I like to watch it played, good tempo, honest and intense with plenty of skill.

Need to get two full backs on the paddock as it's making a lot harder for Gervinho and Walcott to find space and they have to and are working really hard in tracking back.

Villa will be tough as McLeish will have them fired up as he does all his teams when they play Arsenal, expect a few yellows and maybe a red card.
#newbridgeornowhere

Evil Genius

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 19, 2011, 11:12:17 AMVilla will be tough as McLeish will have them fired up as he does all his teams when they play Arsenal, expect a few yellows and maybe a red card.
Villa are a VERY poor side, whose three home League wins to date have come against Norwich, Wigan and Blackburn (they've lost to Bolton and WBA  :o ). Meanwhile, L'pool and MU have both won at Villa Park.

Anything less than 3 points for the Arse will be a blow to their Top Four hopes.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Evil Genius on December 19, 2011, 03:53:11 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 19, 2011, 11:12:17 AMVilla will be tough as McLeish will have them fired up as he does all his teams when they play Arsenal, expect a few yellows and maybe a red card.
Villa are a VERY poor side, whose three home League wins to date have come against Norwich, Wigan and Blackburn (they've lost to Bolton and WBA  :o ). Meanwhile, L'pool and MU have both won at Villa Park.

Anything less than 3 points for the Arse will be a blow to their Top Four hopes.
The Bolton game was a CC match, we beat them 2-1 at the Reebok last week.  We are a piss-poor side though with too many passengers (Warnock, Hutton, Heskey etc).  Arsenal should beat them going on what I have seen from Villa recently but we have had a relatively good record against them in past 3/4 seasons.

Dinny Breen

Have seen how McLeish sets his teams up against Arsenal? If Villa adapt that Caveman approach expect to see Villa fight tooth and nail and don't forget Arsenal will have an emotional and physical hangover from their efforts on Sunday. A loss indeed will be a big blow.

@Doogie

Villa haven't beaten the Arse at home in the league since 1998, they do have a smashing record at Ashburton though.
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 19, 2011, 04:13:57 PM

Have seen how McLeish sets his teams up against Arsenal? If Villa adapt that Caveman approach expect to see Villa fight tooth and nail and don't forget Arsenal will have an emotional and physical hangover from their efforts on Sunday. A loss indeed will be a big blow.

@Doogie

Villa haven't beaten the Arse at home in the league since 1998, they do have a smashing record at Ashburton though.

You are right Dinny, we have won 2 of last 3 at Emirates and had a few draws at VP, not confident about getting anything this week though!

ONeill

Villa may have the shopper Bent back and Arsnal are missing Song as well as Djourou.

Is I'dbangthewhore fit?

gawa316

Quote from: ONeill on December 19, 2011, 05:03:41 PM
Villa may have the shopper Bent back and Arsnal are missing Song as well as Djourou.

Is I'dbangthewhore fit?

Think so, he was just suspended against Liverpool

Doogie Browser

Quote from: gawa316 on December 19, 2011, 05:05:41 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 19, 2011, 05:03:41 PM

Is I'dbangthewhore fit?

Think so, he was just suspended against Liverpool
Bent snapped out shopping during the match yesterday - crazy stuff!  These hoors don't give a hoot what the fans think, why he was not made to attend in first instance baffles me.  Bent has not looked interested for 6/8 weeks now, blamed lack of service and last week had a hatful of chances against Bolton and couldn't put any away.  Possibly the reason why the big clubs have steered clear of him. Still think he is quality but a lazy player at times.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Norf Tyrone

And that's why Chelsea shouldn't lend a player to one of their rivals!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Hutton's a dirty balax. He spit on VP?