Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

He might have been slightly premature but the end wasn't far away.

A fight that threw up a fair few questions about Joshua..

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on October 28, 2017, 11:16:06 PM
He might have been slightly premature but the end wasn't far away.

A fight that threw up a fair few questions about Joshua..

It wasn't that far away but it was still too early. He was outclassed from the beginning and went ten and a half rounds, taking some big shots throughout the fight. He wasn't suddenly in any more danger after a few more shots than he had been throughout the fight.

Anywho, disappointing enough but Takam showed he's plenty tough.

Syferus

Takam showed some bottle to fight through the injury, and before it he was asking some questions of Joshua. You'd have to question Joshua's performance post Takam's cut as it took him a very long time to put away a badly hurt fighter. Wilder is pretty poor but if Fury was fully motivated it would make an interesting fight.

gallsman

Wilder isn't "poor". He's by no means the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time but he's certainly not "poor". AJ's chin has shown that it can be tickled. Wilder comes roaring out of the blocks and lands on him? Who knows.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on October 28, 2017, 11:34:52 PM
Wilder isn't "poor". He's by no means the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time but he's certainly not "poor". AJ's chin has shown that it can be tickled. Wilder comes roaring out of the blocks and lands on him? Who knows.

I think Wilder can punch but as a boxer he is severely limited. Even his stance and how he holds his guard is loose and sloppy. There's not much to him. Joshua would beat him pretty comfortably with anything approaching his Klitschko fight form.

gallsman

He is certainly limited but AJ ain't no Joe Louis or Muhammad Ali either. Look at the state of Dillian White tonight and think of the problems he caused AJ a few years ago.

Wilder is big and can bang. That could well be enough to beat AJ in my opinion.

nrico2006

White didnt really trouble Joshua.  Wilder is poor to be honest and you would expect Joshua to win.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

He didn't really trouble him apart from the bit where he nearly knocked him out.

JimStynes

Joshua was in serious trouble against White at one stage. Recovered well to be fair. I don't rate Joshua that highly as a boxer. Very robotic and gases out at times. That Takam fella had much better boxing skills but didn't have the power to trouble Joshua that much. Heavyweight division is poor enough. I quite like Joshua but sky would sicken you the way they talk about him.

DuffleKing

Quote from: gallsman on October 28, 2017, 09:17:20 PM
Of all the examples over the years of posters racing to get offended on behalf of someone else, that might just be the worst. Eejit.

Lads - do me the favour of not quoting this clown - it's the only way I will have to see / read his contributions

stew

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 29, 2017, 08:09:59 AM
Quote from: gallsman on October 28, 2017, 09:17:20 PM
Of all the examples over the years of posters racing to get offended on behalf of someone else, that might just be the worst. Eejit.

Lads - do me the favour of not quoting this clown - it's the only way I will have to see / read his contributions

Such as they are! Well said.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nrico2006

Joshua is pretty much unbeatable to be honest. Somebody might come along in a few years that changes that, but he will have it handy the next 3/4 years.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Wildweasel74

he needs to drop a stone, hes too muscle bound and it affects his mobilty to avoids punches

lurganblue

Hope he fights Wilder next. It looks like Fury will never get his act together so the only fight out there is surely the Wilder one.

oakleaflad

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 29, 2017, 08:56:01 PM
Joshua is pretty much unbeatable to be honest. Somebody might come along in a few years that changes that, but he will have it handy the next 3/4 years.
I would disagree. I think he's the best at the moment but not by a huge margin. I think he's better than Wilder but Wilder could KO him. Joshua was rocked by Dillian Whyte. Would be really interested to see him in with a fully fit and focused Tyson Fury too.

Would like to see Wilder v Whyte and Joshua v Parker next, then the winners meet and by that stage hopefully Fury is in decent shape and can get a tune up fight or two in too.