Guinness Surger

Started by gallsman, February 24, 2021, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

The man's just downed 48 cans. Give him some time to resurface.

gallsman

Quote from: Hound on March 02, 2021, 05:35:55 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2021, 10:45:29 AM
Just took delivery of 48 cans, official surger and 6 official pint glasses. 144 euro. Pretty happy with that.

Where did you get that deal?

albadistribucion.es. Can't fault them. No use to you though. The pint glasses were free too, didn't know they were coming at all. Great service.

Quote from: HiMucker on March 02, 2021, 07:07:45 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2021, 10:45:29 AM
Just took delivery of 48 cans, official surger and 6 official pint glasses. 144 euro. Pretty happy with that.

Not so happy that I bought 4 pint glasses last week in preparation.

Will try the first one later and give a review.
Hi any chance of this f**king review!?

I'm giving it an 8/10. Not sure if that's on an absolute scale of relative to my lowered expectations. Better then any other draught can by miles. It's no pint from the storehouse but it's certainly better than any bad pint you'd get in a pub at home. It's a tad... something like watery. Doesn't have the creaminess of a pint from the taps. Not sure if it went a bit flat tasting at the end as one of my mates had told me one he had years ago had been out of I was imagining it. Certainly don't regret the purchase.

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 02, 2021, 08:01:36 PM
The man's just downed 48 cans. Give him some time to resurface.

A mere 24 of them are mine, sadly.

HiMucker

Are they noticeably better than the normal cans? Which I think are pretty good. I always say the cans are better than a bad pint.

gallsman

Quote from: HiMucker on March 02, 2021, 09:07:56 PM
Are they noticeably better than the normal cans? Which I think are pretty good. I always say the cans are better than a bad pint.

Massively so.

JoG2

Good man Gallsman... Ordered 24 cans from Beershark. And a much cheaper surge unit from Amazon. Roll on St Patrick's.

gallsman

Quote from: JoG2 on March 02, 2021, 09:40:36 PM
Good man Gallsman... Ordered 24 cans from Beershark. And a much cheaper surge unit from Amazon. Roll on St Patrick's.

Just don't get the super cheap pad type ones. Have seen some reviews saying they won't work with Guinness. Mate I'm sharing the cans with bought an itronics jewellery cleaner for 35 euro and it works perfectly.

Louther

Gallsman - does that site deliver to ROI?

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on March 02, 2021, 09:49:45 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 02, 2021, 09:40:36 PM

Just don't get the super cheap pad type ones. Have seen some reviews saying they won't work with Guinness. Mate I'm sharing the cans with bought an itronics jewellery cleaner for 35 euro and it works perfectly.

Uten ultrasonic cleaner (chap on YouTube was using one) The Guinness ones on eBay are v pricey

Tony Baloney

Our work labs coming down with sonicators. Will have to see if they are throwing any out  ;D

gallsman

Quote from: Louther on March 02, 2021, 10:31:57 PM
Gallsman - does that site deliver to ROI?

I very much doubt it but you could chance your arm. You'll get hit for importation if they do.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 02, 2021, 11:49:46 PM
Ah a thread of joy

;D Haven't been as excited for a delivery in a long time Fear!

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: JoG2 on March 03, 2021, 06:59:29 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 02, 2021, 11:49:46 PM
Ah a thread of joy

;D Haven't been as excited for a delivery in a long time Fear!

Likewise, I ordered some last night.

imtommygunn

Galls man I hope you are on commission  ;D

Taylor

Interested in the feedback on the surger versus the likes of the Blade etc (which seems to go for extraordinary prices online)

I know they are different types of drink but a man will do anything to get a pint