TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on February 04, 2021, 06:49:28 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 04, 2021, 01:50:28 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 04, 2021, 12:27:36 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on February 03, 2021, 10:30:43 PM
3 episodes into the first season of Marcella. Seems decent enough so far.
Meanwhile those of us who can access Your Honor can bask in the drama excellence of Bryan Cranston and  the understated menace of Omar Little.

Omar Little?

Is he in Your Honor or are you mixing him up with someone else?
After his "interrogation" in ep 2 ,  the car thief received a call from  Omar (or his twin brother), requesting him "to take the hit, I have your back".

nrico2006

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on February 04, 2021, 09:25:36 AM
As an aside, does anyone spend half their time on imdb these days when watching somethin?

Its as much "what was yer man in" as watchin the actual series/film....damm you imdb to hell

Always been a wikipedia man myself, or if a show is big enough you are lucky enough to get a fandom version that gives you loads of trivia and easter eggs etc. too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

As an aside, does anyone spend half their time on imdb these days when watching somethin?

Its as much "what was yer man in" as watchin the actual series/film....damm you imdb to hell
Yes! The missus can't watch anything without saying "I know him/her from somewhere". Episode guide on imdb is the lifesaver.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 04, 2021, 01:27:17 PM

Yes! The missus can't watch anything without saying "I know him/her from somewhere". Episode guide on imdb is the lifesaver.

No for me the worst feature google now has on films is the rotten tomatoes ratings.. I hate reviews I like the general gist of a film, that's it.

If its got decent actors and made by a decent film maker/production then I'll give it a whirl, this ditching it before it starts annoys the f**k out of me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 04, 2021, 01:50:52 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 04, 2021, 01:27:17 PM

No for me the worst feature google now has on films is the rotten tomatoes ratings.. I hate reviews I like the general gist of a film, that's it.

If its got decent actors and made by a decent film maker/production then I'll give it a whirl, this ditching it before it starts annoys the f**k out of me
IMBD was grand when they had a discussion board and if you had a question about anything in a  film or tv program , just go to the discussion thread  and more often than not, the question was already asked and answered. They stopped the board-- moderation issues.  Ziggy Ego would have sorted them out in no time.

Dearg

I started watching Parks and Recreation lately as it is now on Netflix.
I had never seen it before . It's very good and I'm flying through the episodes.

JimStynes

Zero zero zero is a great show

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on February 13, 2021, 07:23:13 PM
But what genius came up with the great idea that the master actor Gabriel lasts just 2 episodes?
I felt cheated.

JimStynes

Quote from: Main Street on February 13, 2021, 08:36:26 PM
But what genius came up with the great idea that the master actor Gabriel lasts just 2 episodes?
I felt cheated.

It didn't suffer at all for it though. Some great performances in it.

Also, spoiler alert there!!

Hound

Quote from: Main Street on February 13, 2021, 08:36:26 PM
I felt cheated.
It was similar enough in Vikings I think. I wonder is that the kind of work he's after. Short and sweet.

I found the first episode of ZZZ very hard work. But then took off nicely.

Jeepers Creepers

Just finished the Mandalorian. As a child stars wars fan the last episode had me whooping and a hollering like a ten year old again. Brilliant.

bennydorano

Soul mates on Amazon Prime is a pretty good show, 6 individual stories about the near future where your soulmate can be found through an agency, some stories light& fluffy others a bit darker, shades of Black Mirror.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Estimator on January 25, 2021, 01:30:24 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on January 25, 2021, 01:08:55 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 24, 2021, 11:24:55 PM
Midsummar on Amazon prime. Maddest film I have ever seen. Please tell me someone else has watched it?

Mad in a good way or a bad way? Worth watching?

Yeah, I've watched it... It's just mental viewing.
Watched this last night having remembered it being mentioned on here. Just absolutely crazy viewing

lurganblue

The Serpent is a quality show.  Another example of a person getting away with horrible acts as they prey on a group of people who weren't really cared about much at the time.

lurganblue

on zero zero zero. I know it's from the makers of Gomorrah but are they connected? do you need to have have watched Gomorrah first?