Good article detailing Dublin's unfair funding advantage

Started by TheMaster, February 13, 2019, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

All this concern for Dublin players who drop out because of sheer numbers is very touching.  Not sure how I managed to miss it all back when we weren't  winning.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 16, 2019, 03:05:20 AM
All this concern for Dublin players who drop out because of sheer numbers is very touching.  Not sure how I managed to miss it all back when we weren't  winning.
Never heard of The Blue Wave initiative or the fact that Dublin gets enough of the coaching development kitty that could pay the wages of a dictator in yer average banana republic?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2019, 12:52:20 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 15, 2019, 03:12:04 PM
4 County Boards and a Provincial Council would require an awful lot of Committees ;D
Don't mind the committees, what about the addition of another four county panels if the GAA followed its own rules and split Dublin in four?
Back in 1884, the county was used as the basis for the present intercounty model. After all, they were used for local government purpose and it was a logical progression to establish 32 county boards and take it from there. In recent years, Dublin was split into four administration units, aka, counties i.e. Dunlaoire/Rathdown, Fingal, South Dublin and Dublin City.
Say most counties would field at least 40 players at senior level during an average year. (Probably a lot more but I'll settle for 40.) Straightaway, at least additional 120 players would get to compare their skills with the best in the game and that's the ambition of all who play at this level in any given year.
It would also mean 4 additional senior club championships and so on down the line.
How many Dublin club players drop out of the game before they would wish because of the lack of opportunity to advance to at least one higher level?
IMO, that's the real tragedy.
In short, the GAA is pandering to Dublin's mendacious demands and in the process is endangering the very future of the organisation.
The whole thing is getting like the Scottish soccerball with one team winning everything and the rest just there to provide games for them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on February 16, 2019, 11:11:23 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2019, 12:52:20 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 15, 2019, 03:12:04 PM
4 County Boards and a Provincial Council would require an awful lot of Committees ;D
Don't mind the committees, what about the addition of another four county panels if the GAA followed its own rules and split Dublin in four?
Back in 1884, the county was used as the basis for the present intercounty model. After all, they were used for local government purpose and it was a logical progression to establish 32 county boards and take it from there. In recent years, Dublin was split into four administration units, aka, counties i.e. Dunlaoire/Rathdown, Fingal, South Dublin and Dublin City.
Say most counties would field at least 40 players at senior level during an average year. (Probably a lot more but I'll settle for 40.) Straightaway, at least additional 120 players would get to compare their skills with the best in the game and that's the ambition of all who play at this level in any given year.
It would also mean 4 additional senior club championships and so on down the line.
How many Dublin club players drop out of the game before they would wish because of the lack of opportunity to advance to at least one higher level?
IMO, that's the real tragedy.
In short, the GAA is pandering to Dublin's mendacious demands and in the process is endangering the very future of the organisation.
The whole thing is getting like the Scottish soccerball with one team winning everything and the rest just there to provide games for them.

Said it 100 times here. This is just another version of the Scottish Premier League.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2019, 10:37:53 AM
Never heard of The Blue Wave initiative or the fact that Dublin gets enough of the coaching development kitty that could pay the wages of a dictator in yer average banana republic?

Nothing to do with what he said though. Suddenly the fans of 31 counties want us broken up to give the nearlymen a shot at county football. Thats new.

priceyreilly

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 17, 2019, 02:02:11 PM

Nothing to do with what he said though. Suddenly the fans of 31 counties want us broken up to give the nearlymen a shot at county football. Thats new.

Am no, the 31 counties want you broken up because of your doping since 2005. 

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 17, 2019, 02:09:36 PM

On behalf of all Dubs I apologise for getting our house in order, availing of funding and finally achieving our potential.

If you chose to want to handicap us rather than do the same, thats your business

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 17, 2019, 03:55:17 PM

On behalf of all Dubs I apologise for getting our house in order, availing of funding and finally achieving our potential.

If you chose to want to handicap us rather than do the same, thats your business
Availing of funding denied to most other counties

We'd just like a modicum of a level playing field in terms of player development and coaching assistance/development

priceyreilly

You didn't get your house in order. It was done for you. With all of our money granted to you by Bertie Ahern. Would you not feel better about winning All Ireland's if you did it fairly? Winning anything through nefarious means can't be very satisfying.

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 17, 2019, 04:26:57 PM

You didn't get your house in order. It was done for you. With all of our money granted to you by Bertie Ahern. Would you not feel better about winning All Ireland's if you did it fairly? Winning anything through nefarious means can't be very satisfying.

Dublin were ridiculed when they originally published their plans in the blue wave documents and their long term plans.

Now they are being criticised for walking the walk and following through on their aims. All the bitterness and begrudgery used to annoy me, now I just find it funny.

For example the thread on who will win Div 1 of the league has somehow been turned by the same old posters (Looking at you From the bunker) into rants against the dubs even though it's looking increasingly unlikely they'll win it this year. I honestly think some people get more satisfaction in Dublin losing than in their own county winning. How sad is that.

Bring on the summer and all the bitter and anti Dublin posts/rants in relation to the team

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on February 17, 2019, 05:32:52 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on February 17, 2019, 04:26:57 PM

Dublin were ridiculed when they originally published their plans in the blue wave documents and their long term plans.

Now they are being criticised for walking the walk and following through on their aims. All the bitterness and begrudgery used to annoy me, now I just find it funny.

For example the thread on who will win Div 1 of the league has somehow been turned by the same old posters (Looking at you From the bunker) into rants against the dubs even though it's looking increasingly unlikely they'll win it this year. I honestly think some people get more satisfaction in Dublin losing than in their own county winning. How sad is that.

Bring on the summer and all the bitter and anti Dublin posts/rants in relation to the team

When you say "walking the walk", you really mean receiving millions upon millions of euro to buy success. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. That you or any other Dub can't even mention the money shows that there is a deep guilt there. You will refer to it as "getting our house in order" or terms of similar meaning. You well then refer to anyone who brings up your doping as "begrudgers", "bitter people" etc. If not that you will try to deflect "it's not our fault your county are sh1t" or similar.
This is all a form of lashing out. It really stings that you have no argument against the fact that you were doped to success. None. Instead of facing up to the reality and admitting it to yourselves, you try to convince each other that it's only the nasty culchies telling lies, they are all just jealous etc. I think some Dubs have said this so much that they are actually starting to believe it. But as I said, they know the truth deep down and that's why it hurts. They can't fully enjoy the success because they know it's unjust. The thing is that it won't go away. It's not going to disappear. In 10, 20, 30, 50 years time people will still remember this doping.
It will be like looking back on Michelle Smith. She still has 3 Olympic gold medals, in the record books but then you think, well, she only won them because of the doping.

Hill16 Blues

Dublin7, why are you ðebating with this fkn clown never mind the other gobsh1tes here. This particular g9bsh1te has 3 / 4 user names here often debating with himself. Nothing to be gained from engaging with bitter, myopic, sad, desperate arseh0les that occupy this cesspit of a board and their lies, delusion and ongoing pain at our ongoing success! COYBIB and fk the begrudgers!!

priceyreilly

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on February 17, 2019, 06:22:46 PM
Why are you ðebating with this fkn clown never mind the other gobsh1tes here. This particular g9bsh1te has 3 / 4 user names here often debating with himself. Nothing to be gained from engaging with bitter, myopic, sad, desperate arseh0les that occupy this cesspit of a board and their lies, delusion and ongoing pain at our ongoing success! COYBIB and fk the begrudges!

;D Point proven! Can't argue with the facts so they lash out. The truth hurts!

Hill16 Blues

You've been caught out here before you fikn clown with you different user accounts posting sh1te. Point proven indeed!

priceyreilly

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on February 17, 2019, 06:29:26 PM
You've been caught out here before you fikn clown with you different user accounts posting sh1te. Point proven indeed!

Untrue! In fact, that was a Dub copying all my posts.  ;D Another example of attack the poster and not the post. As I've said, it's all you have left. There's no argument against the doping. It's a cold, hard fact.