Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Anyways they won the match and they move on to the next one....

Players try and con the ref in every sport, soccer, hurling, football and rugby. Why worry...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2021, 07:00:05 PM

Players try and con the ref in every sport, soccer, hurling, football and rugby. Why worry...

No one is worrying, are these incidents 'cons' or 'stone wall' penalties? I haven't looked at a soccer rule book in years right enough, but  how can a man going to ground with no contact be anything other than a 'con', cheating, or a dive?

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2021, 06:37:36 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 20, 2021, 06:16:37 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 20, 2021, 05:26:55 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 20, 2021, 05:20:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2021, 04:40:00 PM
Quote from: shawshank on September 20, 2021, 04:01:11 PM
His last penalty call was a definite penalty. How can you get such a cert so wrong even with VAR.

He doesn't help himself. It looks a foul, but he also dives, both feet off the ground, already on his way down as contact is made. The angle from behind shows it.

Doesn't help himself? Every forward playing the game does.exactly the same... 1st one on him is a stonewall peno as was AWBs foul, the 2nd one is more debatable but ya couldn't argue much if it given.

Going down before contact is made is a dive regardless of what happens after surely?

Depends, did you look at it and think 'that's an outrageous dive' or think 'hmmm could have been given'. Football can be a bit like that....

Hence my statement that he doesn't help himself.

Although I thought the second one was a better shout than the first one, at least at the time (haven't watched the first one back since).

Sorry I misunderstood your statement then, I thought it implied that hes doing something that others wouldn't.

nrico2006

His last penalty call was a definite penalty. How can you get such a cert so wrong even with VAR.

He doesn't help himself. It looks a foul, but he also dives, both feet off the ground, already on his way down as contact is made. The angle from behind shows it.

The video from behind looks like he went before Zouma tackled but the siedways angle gives the better picture and it look a penalty.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on September 20, 2021, 07:15:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2021, 07:00:05 PM

No one is worrying, are these incidents 'cons' or 'stone wall' penalties? I haven't looked at a soccer rule book in years right enough, but  how can a man going to ground with no contact be anything other than a 'con', cheating, or a dive?

Coning the ref , diving are all forms of cheating in my book, as for the game was listening to game on radio after a match I was at  she said there should have been 2 penalties for Utd and two for West Ham, only one was given and missed by a walk on penalty taker.

My point is it's not a shocker that players will try and get an advantage
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 19, 2021, 07:33:54 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on September 19, 2021, 06:30:13 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 19, 2021, 10:28:08 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on September 16, 2021, 10:44:45 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 16, 2021, 10:38:39 AM
I struggle to see why United have not signed a top DM in years, the last person who did that role to the standard required was Hargreaves so you are chatting 12/13 years since his good season.
Carrick says hello. And Matic before the legs went. But yeah we need someone in that role, who is there that would improve us though?

Carrick and Matic had certain qualities but we're never top bracket DMs, they both lacked the nobility and physicality that is required.
You'd be a long time trying to find a better midfielder than Carrick

I disagree. Carrick was decent but couldn't run, tackle and had the strength of a 10 year old. His range of passing was limited too.

Carrick was an excellent passer. Berbatov said he loved playing with Carrick because his passing was so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhpCfnxsGAo&t=101s

J70

Quote from: Boycey on September 20, 2021, 07:28:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2021, 06:37:36 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 20, 2021, 06:16:37 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 20, 2021, 05:26:55 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 20, 2021, 05:20:22 PM

Doesn't help himself? Every forward playing the game does.exactly the same... 1st one on him is a stonewall peno as was AWBs foul, the 2nd one is more debatable but ya couldn't argue much if it given.

Going down before contact is made is a dive regardless of what happens after surely?

Depends, did you look at it and think 'that's an outrageous dive' or think 'hmmm could have been given'. Football can be a bit like that....

Hence my statement that he doesn't help himself.

Although I thought the second one was a better shout than the first one, at least at the time (haven't watched the first one back since).

Sorry I misunderstood your statement then, I thought it implied that hes doing something that others wouldn't.

Of course not. They all do it.

Look at Sadie Mane. Sometimes he goes down easily. Other times he stays on his feet and gets nothing and people ask why he didn't just go down. Although it begs the question how much contact constitutes a foul?

Milltown Row2

If the tackle happens anywhere else on the pitch is it a foul? And if it is then there is no difference when it happens in the box..

stiffler

If the dive is blatant enough (like Ronaldos at the weekend) then his 'foul' is committed before the defenders tackle. Refs need to be booking simulation in line with the rule book to try and reduce it occurring.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Cunny Funt

11 changes made to the team tonight. Phil Jones on the bench.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jeebus Jones gets some stick in comparison to Mata. Great wee player back in the day but hes stole a livin past 4yrs approx.

Discuss. Or not. Dont care 😃

Rich Ricci

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 22, 2021, 07:13:14 PM
Jeebus Jones gets some stick in comparison to Mata. Great wee player back in the day but hes stole a livin past 4yrs approx.

Not sure what the story with Mata is. His contract expired last year and the club offered him a 1 year extension so they must be happy enough to keep him.

I was surprised he didn't look about a move back to Spain a few years ago but he's maybe at the age now that he's happy enough to stay where he's at.

Milltown Row2

Mata came along with Matic 4 years late, Jones was like big Dunne for City, a liability

Nanderson

I think United have identified Mata as a potential director of football or director of some sort. 

Boycey

Mr Google says in the last 4 years he's played 40, 32, 37 and last season 18 times. I'm not sure that qualifies as stealing a living...

A good senior pro to have around the club as he moves into coaching or whatever.

I'm sure someone will be along to call him a dungbag or similar shortly