The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 28, 2021, 04:36:54 PM
Young Elliott keeps his spot in midfield...big call by Klopp
Yeah surprised by that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Capt Pat

That is disappointing against 10 men, but not the end of the world. It keeps us competitive in the race for the title.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 28, 2021, 08:15:10 PM
That is disappointing against 10 men, but not the end of the world. It keeps us competitive in the race for the title.

It's three games in... at Xmas you'll have a better idea
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

I'd be happy enough with the point against a superbly organized, top class team, but Liverpool ran out of ideas in the last ten minutes. Partly because Mane was very well marked and not exactly sharp (Robertson was a bit rusty too, understandably). As with the centre backs last year, Liverpool could regret not strengthening up front and having another option to come on and change things, especially if Mane doesn't get back to his peak form.

J70

Apparently Nat Phillips has agreed a new four year contract.

I don't get it.

I get why the club are happy to keep him, but from his perspective, does he really think he can force his way past the four ahead of him, even if Matip is made of paper and Gomez suffers from freak, serious injuries.

Or maybe he's happy with the money and five to ten appearances per season.

quit yo jibbajabba

Is this to increase sale value if/when he goes? I can never fully understand

Im gona go out on a limb here and say Liverpool arent for signing anyone before the window SLAMS SHUT

J70

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 31, 2021, 05:24:59 PM

Im gona go out on a limb here and say Liverpool arent for signing anyone before the window SLAMS SHUT

They need another option up front. Can't see them having enough to win either PL or CL as things stand.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on August 31, 2021, 05:50:43 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 31, 2021, 05:24:59 PM

They need another option up front. Can't see them having enough to win either PL or CL as things stand.

I think it will depend on Mane's and a lesser extent Bobby's form. Mane has been mediocre to say the least for the last odd 6 months. If he returns to what he can do then we will be grand...with 4 A listers vying for 3 spots and a support cast of Mini, Ox and even Elliott we should be fine. In saying that wouldn't mind them bringing in some 21 yr old with pace and trickery who won't mind sitting on the bench for a few seasons and someone you can throw on with 20 to go to chnage things up.

supersub

Couldn't disagree more. Need proven quality on the bench.

gawa316

Quote from: supersub on September 02, 2021, 10:37:34 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Need proven quality on the bench.

Couldn't disagree more with who?

dec

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58486811

Eight Premier League players will be stopped from playing for their clubs this weekend after Brazilian football authorities triggered a Fifa rule to prevent them appearing. Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United and Leeds United will all be affected. Players not released for an international window can be banned for five days after the window ends under the Fifa regulations. The decision covers 10-14 September.

Brazil invoked the bans after the Premier League stopped players from appearing for their country if it meant travel to red list countries.
Players travelling to red list countries would have had to miss several games on their return because of the 10-day isolation period required under UK rules.

In addition to missing their sides' weekend games, Chelsea defender Thiago Silva and Manchester United midfielder Fred will also not be allowed to play in their teams' opening Champions League games against Zenit St Petersburg and Young Boys next Tuesday. However, it is understood Brazil have not asked for Everton forward Richarlison to be prevented from featuring against Burnley on Monday. It is felt Brazil showed leniency in that specific case as Everton allowed Richarlison to play at the Olympic Games when the regulations did not force them to.

The move also affects three Liverpool players, Roberto Firmino, Fabinho and Alisson;

gawa316

Gabriel_Hurl

Ah f**k - that's not good for Harvey

RedHand88

Harvey Elliots leg just broke with a horrible tackle. Gary neville says it's not a red.

StPatsAbu

Hope the young lad recovers quickly.