Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice Moss

Heard a rumour this morning that McCorry is to be announced as the next Burren manager. Anyone else hear this or can anyone confirm?

whitegoodman

whitegoodman

Given the length and seriousness of McParlands injury I'd be inclined to let him have a period of club football and see how he is progressing from there.  Similarly I think there has been an unfair amount of pressure on Mooney and I'd also let him play away at as much club football as possible and tell him he is still on the rador.

It's probably right on O Hagan that he will be pulled back to mark McManus as as he is the best man marker we have but it's a pity given what he could provide further forward.  I'd also have him as a contender for captain.

If its right that McComiskey did make himself available then it's another one of many strange decisions made by the management team last year. I'd certainly have him back in the panel but would be still behind Jerome for me at the min.

Eamon Toner is prob due a chance at county level given the dearth of bigger forwards in the county but Coner still has a bit to go to become a county midfielder.  Good should on McKibben who is also worth a look, strong solid player who can give and take a hit.

DownFanatic

Quote from: NP 76 on October 17, 2015, 10:11:54 AM
He apparently made himself available last year but Jim didn't think we needed him. Surely the 2 Toners from Burren should be given a chance along with Davud Mc Kibben from Bryansford

Not factual at all here.

NP 76

It was brought up at the county board meeting which Mc Corry was being discussed at. It was stated that he could do 3 nights with the team and another 2 via video link. He was told it was either all in or not. This was the view of the from a man who said he was a friend of Paul's.

Mourne Rover

Anyone who has seen Clarke with An Riocht will know that he is recovering from a serious and destabilising condition which has left him badly struggling for fitness. He may get back to county pace eventually but we will be very fortunate if he reaches his 2010 level again. The rest of our forward line has been pretty ordinary over the last couple of seasons and there is a clear need for new faces to put the pressure on the regular starters. WGM is right not to be too impressed just because Harrison scored 2-5 from play in a JFC final but the point is that he has been running up similar totals all year. He was considered good enough to start when we were last in D1 in 2013, and is definitely a much more complete player now, so there is a strong case for giving him another run. We need the new manager in place quickly so presumably there will be developments at the county board meeting on Monday.

EIREANNACH

Bryansford beat burren.

Thats a bit of a turn up for the books
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

T O Hare

I can't believe I'm saying this but I kind  of feel sorry for Burren. If you finish top of the league you should win the trophy. I think it time to do away with the play offs!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

SHEEDY

Quote from: EIREANNACH on October 17, 2015, 06:28:39 PM
Bryansford beat burren.

Thats a bit of a turn up for the books
Dawson for down job then!!  ;) ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

spirit0f91and94

Quote from: wobbller on October 12, 2015, 11:17:20 PM
Quote from: John Martin on October 12, 2015, 10:34:57 PM
Leagues for 2016

Division 1
Burren
Bryansford
Ballyholland
Kilcoo
Mayobridge
Glenn
CPN
Clonduff
Castlewellan
Saval
Longstone
Ballymartin

Division 2
RGU Downpatrick
Rostrevor
Annaclone
Liatroim
Clann na Banna
Loughinisland
Darragh Cross
Tullylish
Bredagh
An Riocht
Carryduff
St. John's

Division 3
Attical
Drumaness
Bosco
Saul
Dromara
Shamrocks
Kilclief
Drumgath
Glassdrumman
Teconnaught???

Division 4
Everyone else
Our County finallists and Bryansord from East Down along with 9 south Down Clubs in Div1 next year.

East Down....2 reach the county final the other retains the league...
👏👏👏👊

Oglach

Dawson quit Bryansford tonight...

OgraAnDun

snoopdog

Quote from: thebar on October 18, 2015, 03:44:05 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 18, 2015, 09:55:33 AM
Quote from: Oglach on October 18, 2015, 12:11:34 AM
Dawson quit Bryansford tonight...

RIP Down GAA.

Agreed.

Madness . Clueless county board. But then again  he might be the only one that wants it