Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Quote from: T O Hare on October 23, 2015, 01:29:05 AM
Quote from: gaamann on October 22, 2015, 10:20:50 PM
T O Hare fill us in on the Dawson story are Mayobridge really thinking of giving him the managers job?

Jody Gormley to take over Downs oldest club lads

Jody Gormley is going to Liatroim?

supersub

Quote from: Hedgehunter on October 22, 2015, 02:20:26 PM
Quote from: SamFever on October 22, 2015, 10:17:15 AM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on October 21, 2015, 08:44:40 PM
Was told it was to keep an eye out on twitter tonite by the country PRO.. Only snippets I could get was that it's a person that hasn't been mentioned at all in the paper and that it is an in house appointment.
Paul Rooney will love you after repeating that on here

Why would that be?? He refused to tell me who it was.. Simple.. Nothing to be getting excited about..

Some serious backtracking  ::) News of the World stuff!

gaamann

Thanks T O Hare was starting to think the affliction that effects our Down co board was contagious.

Square Ball

Quote from: T O Hare on October 23, 2015, 01:29:05 AM
Quote from: gaamann on October 22, 2015, 10:20:50 PM
T O Hare fill us in on the Dawson story are Mayobridge really thinking of giving him the managers job?

Jody Gormley to take over Downs oldest club lads
Where is that coming from? T?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

PAULD123

Quote from: SamFever on October 22, 2015, 11:41:20 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on September 17, 2014, 06:40:13 PM
I was speaking to Mark Turley today - He has been offered the job and it will be official in the next day or two
PAULD123,  In reference to my childishness last week.
See above for your similar behaviour last year prior to Jim McCorry's appointment. Touché!

Firstly Sam, calm yourself and don't jump on things without thinking them through. There is no Touché for you here at all. Perhaps you should have read some of the other posts before grabbing this one. My comment at the time was an obvious joke, and if you looked at the follow up from some of the other posters you would see that they got that it was a joke.

Anyone who thought that I was seriously suggesting Mark had advised me he was getting the job knows little about our county football.

SamFever

Quote from: PAULD123 on October 23, 2015, 12:02:31 PM
Quote from: SamFever on October 22, 2015, 11:41:20 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on September 17, 2014, 06:40:13 PM
I was speaking to Mark Turley today - He has been offered the job and it will be official in the next day or two
PAULD123,  In reference to my childishness last week.
See above for your similar behaviour last year prior to Jim McCorry's appointment. Touché!

Firstly Sam, calm yourself and don't jump on things without thinking them through. There is no Touché for you here at all. Perhaps you should have read some of the other posts before grabbing this one. My comment at the time was an obvious joke, and if you looked at the follow up from some of the other posters you would see that they got that it was a joke.

Anyone who thought that I was seriously suggesting Mark had advised me he was getting the job knows little about our county football.
Agreed!

EIREANNACH

And Daniel O Donnell has left strictly
All in the week that was.......

Only in ireland.... :o
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

TheClutch

Gents, I was hoping some old hands could help out here.

By any chance would any one have any old pictures or video footage from the Ulster final in 1981 or the All Ireland semi final of that year? Down beat Armagh in the Ulster final pretty handy I think, and lost out to Offlay in the semi.

Cheers
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

sdg

So that's mayobridge, clonduff, saval,warrenpoint, Longstone,Bryansford and rostrover all looking new managers anyone else?

Square Ball

Sure with Jody going to Mayobridge Bredagh need a new manager as well🎣

Line Ball

Quote from: sdg on October 24, 2015, 12:14:55 AM
So that's mayobridge, clonduff, saval,warrenpoint, Longstone,Bryansford and rostrover all looking new managers anyone else?
Mayobridge - Walsh new County manager with Jody Gormley replacing him
clonduff - very strange with Adams leaving but according to reports is back with Antrim
saval - not unexpected
warrenpoint - strange after keeping them in Div 1 and great championship run last year
Longstone - not unexpected
Bryansford - Dawson leaving with his pockets full
rostrover - only one year for White, high expectations here

Square Ball

Where is this Jody Gormley rumour coming from?

Brick Tamlin

A few boys would do well not to believe everything they read on here. Gormley is no more taking the bridge next year.

Leonardo

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is there such an anti Dawson agenda? Of all the current managers in the Down Leagues, surely his record speaks volumes. Championship wins with Clonduff and Burren, took Longstone to a final that they could have won and two leagues with Bryansford.

whitegoodman

I'm not sure there is a management change in the point either.

On Dawson he is s great coach who delivers titles at club level but what counts against him is he is controversial, largely unliked, his stint with Antrim and Fords result against Liatroim this year.

For all that I'd take him back to Burren although some wouldn't.  Still reckon he will end up in the bridge.  Mr O Hare is at it!!