Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Regions exporting most to the EU were more likely to vote Leave #wtf
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Nigel White

Just another thought, while the UK and Ireland appear to be prepared to seek an amicable and pragmatic solution to the border issue, I'm not sure those two adjectives will be required when describing the future Spain/Gibraltar border negotiations

stiffler

Surely the FM in the North has a duty to protect the wishes of the majority who wish to stay in the EU.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

armaghniac

Spin will be pragmatic  in relation to Gibraltar they'll only use cheap wire for the fence and not bother with a wall
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 01:05:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2016, 12:58:55 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 09:29:14 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 25, 2016, 08:55:40 AM
I went out for a run this morning. Was enjoying the fresh air, the countryside and my second captains podcast when it was taken over by Brexit talk with a couple of the English guests they had on. All doom and gloom. No place for it on a sports podcast. People worry way too much about money. No one will starve over this.
I dunno asal.
An awful lot of people in the UK already depend on food banks. This is serious shit.
People are dying earlier than they used to. Mental illness incidence is very high.

Every 1% rise in unemployment generates something like 300 extra cancers and 500 suicides in the US
Economic chaos is literally fatal for some people at the poorer end of the income spectrum

Do you just make this stuff up?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35550407

North East lower life expectancy...
2 areas in Glasgow have a 19 year difference in life expectancy.  Poverty kills.

You said an awful lot... Which isn't the case.... People are living longer full stop, poverty or not, still living far longer than our grandparents and that's a fact
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 01:07:31 PM
I have to say I don't like the Irish Times line that Europe is grand. Who stuffed Joe public with the cost of the Anglo meltdown?

The people who brought us the Bank Guarantee. Cowan and Lenihan specifically.

You know this better than most here, so please stop doing a Nigel Farage or Donald Trump on it.
MWWSI 2017

HiMucker

Quote from: muppet on June 25, 2016, 02:01:22 PM
I have to say I don't like the Irish Times line that Europe is grand. Who stuffed Joe public with the cost of the Anglo meltdown?

You know this better than most here, so please stop doing a Nigel Farage or Donald Trump on it.
Agreed.  David mc Williams strongly advised them against it.  We then saw an influx of billions in to our banks.  We have plenty of our own turkeys over here voting for Christmas  as well.

Rois

Quote from: stiffler on June 25, 2016, 01:35:39 PM
Surely the FM in the North has a duty to protect the wishes of the majority who wish to stay in the EU.
You'd think. But Arlene hasn't actually acknowledged us.
We'll try to get on with it, but I'm relying on the Irish government to fight our corner as well as the south's, as we have politicians who are completely inept at representing us in such complicated issues on the big things that matter.
I work in mergers and acquisitions, and my future short and medium term career is so uncertain because of this, but London interests should help fight my corner professionally. Personally, I need Enda and Arlene. That part is scary.

redzone

Would they not have to sign papers to get out, same as a you would to get in. Surely that hasn't happened yet

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on June 25, 2016, 02:01:22 PM

FF sure Muppet but you know how inept the EZ response was in autumn 2008 and 2009. How long did it take the ECB to get QE going?  The Anglo stitch up happened 2 years after the meltdown. The Irish "bailout" was panicky and extremely expensive and never repeated. Cyprus was even wrose. . FF didn't design the EZ  . It doesn't have a lender of last resort or deposit insurance. Reglung told the Inquiry the goons who designed it didn't expect a crisis of the magnitude that occurred.  The EU also bears responsibility for the brexit clusterfuck. People in Sunderland and Hull saw what happened in Greece. Brexit is 2 fingers to useless technocrats in the UK and Frankfurt.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2016, 01:55:29 PM
I went out for a run this morning. Was enjoying the fresh air, the countryside and my second captains podcast when it was taken over by Brexit talk with a couple of the English guests they had on. All doom and gloom. No place for it on a sports podcast. People worry way too much about money. No one will starve over this.
I dunno asal.
An awful lot of people in the UK already depend on food banks. This is serious shit.
People are dying earlier than they used to. Mental illness incidence is very high.

Every 1% rise in unemployment generates something like 300 extra cancers and 500 suicides in the US
Economic chaos is literally fatal for some people at the poorer end of the income spectrum

2 areas in Glasgow have a 19 year difference in life expectancy.  Poverty kills.

You said an awful lot... Which isn't the case.... People are living longer full stop, poverty or not, still living far longer than our grandparents and that's a fact
A lot of people are MR but the poorest people are not.
You can Google Case and Deaton for the picture from the US.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on June 25, 2016, 01:40:11 PM
Spin will be pragmatic  in relation to Gibraltar they'll only use cheap wire for the fence and not bother with a wall
Gibraltar is a kip

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 12:13:21 PM
One million signatures for a second vote.

BTW the DUP are odious.

2 million now completely pointless.

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2016, 04:03:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2016, 01:55:29 PM
I dunno asal.

A lot of people are MR but the poorest people are not.
You can Google Case and Deaton for the picture from the US.

The states is a totally different argument, with no universal healthcare
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

The mayor of Calais has said the town will stop screenIng refugees and that all border controls will take place in England.