Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

markl121

Quote from: Hardy on January 08, 2019, 04:09:10 PM
You have to choose to see it as funny if you want to stay sane. Gay marriage is what turned them off SF!
I was supoortive of gay marraige. Its the way the party all seem to jump in together at once on issues. I wasn't for abortion but I would vote sinn fein for a united ireland which is my main priority. I understand the party would like to have everyone singing off the same hymn sheet, but at the same time,  a few years ago they were anti abortion. Seems a bit ridiculous that every single one of them are now all for it. Must have had an epiphany of sorts.

omaghjoe

Their intolerance for dissent is distinctly cultish and nothing new

Embarrassingly the majority of their voters (in the north) dont want to be associated with them.

McGuniness's pragmatism brought them out of that cult and into the mainstream but they are rudderless at the minute and have reverted to their ideological cult philosophy.

BennyCake

Quote from: markl121 on January 08, 2019, 05:48:30 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 08, 2019, 04:09:10 PM
You have to choose to see it as funny if you want to stay sane. Gay marriage is what turned them off SF!
I was supoortive of gay marraige. Its the way the party all seem to jump in together at once on issues. I wasn't for abortion but I would vote sinn fein for a united ireland which is my main priority. I understand the party would like to have everyone singing off the same hymn sheet, but at the same time,  a few years ago they were anti abortion. Seems a bit ridiculous that every single one of them are now all for it. Must have had an epiphany of sorts.

That's what's called the populist bandwagon.

SF are Making a UI less likely every day with their antics.

Like those shower of pricks in Westminster, all they care about is shuffling each other aside, to get a seat and a big salary. And to hell with the economy, jobs, wages etc etc. SF and the DUP act in the same way.

trailer

Glad to see people waking up to the antics of SF. A party only interested in lining their own pockets. A party of thugs. Not a decent politician among them. They have reached their peak. They are in decline. Nothing more than a protest vote.

imtommygunn

The thing is though.... In the north as a nationalist who the feck do you vote for??

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 08, 2019, 09:42:26 PM
The thing is though.... In the north as a nationalist who the feck do you vote for??

Does it even matter?

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: BennyCake on January 08, 2019, 09:46:18 PM

Does it even matter?

It is getting to the stage that it doesn't really.

imtommygunn

Does it even matter?

The dup in westminster is not a good thing. It's sickening - the less of them the better.

From that perspective i think it matters but otherwise it doesn't.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 08, 2019, 10:02:39 PM

Does it even matter?

The dup in westminster is not a good thing. It's sickening - the less of them the better.

From that perspective i think it matters but otherwise it doesn't.

People should be voting tactically. Voting for SF is a vote for corruption. Vote differently and you will get a different outcome.

Harold Disgracey

As a northern nationalist who fully supports a united Ireland, gay marriage, abortion rights and an Irish language act who do you suggest I vote for? The shinners, for all their faults, are the only show in town.

imtommygunn

I was reading a few tweets about belfast city council meeting last night and the motion to cut bonfire funding. A carve up between sf and dup is what long called it. Hard not to disagree.

Exactly harold. It is difficult. There are some ones moving up from the south i see with about 6 candidates. I can't recall name. Aside from them no one.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 08, 2019, 10:28:22 PM
I was reading a few tweets about belfast city council meeting last night and the motion to cut bonfire funding. A carve up between sf and dup is what long called it. Hard not to disagree.

Exactly harold. It is difficult. There are some ones moving up from the south i see with about 6 candidates. I can't recall name. Aside from them no one.

Belfast City Council funding is an exercise in SF & DUP allocating money to their own wee pet groups that are staffed by party activists, family members etc. Has been like that for years.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BennyCake

Quote from: Minder on January 08, 2019, 10:33:33 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 08, 2019, 10:28:22 PM

Belfast City Council funding is an exercise in SF & DUP allocating money to their own wee pet groups that are staffed by party activists, family members etc. Has been like that for years.

Jobs and money for the lads then, eh?