Scottish independence referendum thread

Started by deiseach, September 07, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you have/had a vote, how will/would you vote?

Yes
122 (87.8%)
No
17 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: September 18, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

RedHand88

Quote from: armaghniac on April 05, 2023, 12:46:41 PM
it is overkill, they could probably have phoned the guy and asked him to come down to the station for a chat.

I find it hard to believe that he was looting the funds, unless he took a large amount then it simply wouldn't be worth it given that himself and the missus had reasonable prospects anyhow.

And give him the chance to get rid of the evidence if he's guilty? Nah.

The funds went somewhere. Hundreds of thousands of pounds fundraised for a non existent independence referendum have vanished from SNP coppers.
There were 7 whistle-blowers.
BBC say they are searching the back garden.

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2023, 01:12:20 PM
it is overkill, they could probably have phoned the guy and asked him to come down to the station for a chat.

I find it hard to believe that he was looting the funds, unless he took a large amount then it simply wouldn't be worth it given that himself and the missus had reasonable prospects anyhow.

And give him the chance to get rid of the evidence if he's guilty? Nah.

The funds went somewhere. Hundreds of thousands of pounds fundraised for a non existent independence referendum have vanished from SNP coppers.
There were 7 whistle-blowers.
BBC say they are searching the back garden.

Unless he is a complete gobshite, then the evidence is not still in the house.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

smelmoth

I haven't actually heard anyone accusing him of looting the funds.

From what I hear the funds have been used for purposes other than that for which they were raised and the allegation is that as membership revenues have reduced these funds have used to plug the gap and that this has been covered up by the CEO to the extent that the CFO wasn't even told.

Orior

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2023, 10:37:32 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65187823

Would this be why she stepped down? Did she know this was coming? Was the transgender prisoner thing a red herring?

Is it her ex-husband?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

smelmoth

Quote from: Orior on April 05, 2023, 04:29:03 PM

Would this be why she stepped down? Did she know this was coming? Was the transgender prisoner thing a red herring?

Is it her ex-husband?

Not unless there is more breaking news

armaghniac

Is it her ex-husband?

Honey, I took all the money from the SNP for independence and backed horses with it.... 

Jeepers Creepers

Is it her ex-husband?

Will be soon I would imagine.

RadioGAAGAA

So, the SNP got ~600k in donations to spend "on an independence referendum", or on "achieving independence"?

Yer man then lent an additional ~100k, of which he got back ~50k - and the SNP are still a bit skint.

I suppose depends on the exact wording of what the donations were for - but if the SNP have "we will seek a further independence referendum" on their manifesto, gonna be hard to prove that spending it on the party in general doesn't equate to trying to deliver their manifesto which in itself is trying to deliver an independence referendum.

Or is the problem that yer man treated himself as a (somewhat) secured creditor in a questionably insolvent organisation?
i usse an speelchekor

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

keep her low this half

Quote from: armaghniac on June 11, 2023, 02:52:34 PM
Nicola Sturgeon arrested
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-65871857
Nicola Sturgeon released without charge. Handy how it got Boris and the Tory infighting off the front pages.

Milltown Row2

The other two were released without charge also but pending investigation
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea