Mayo v Cavan

Started by Redgreenery, June 24, 2007, 06:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OirthearMhaigheo

You're right there Msgr, it is a bit worrynig to be trying out new lads at this time of year, at the same time it's good to see they are looking for new answers. How many Mayo managers have we seen in the past stick to the old formula when it was clear change was needed, all in all I'm glad to hear they are trying new things out, make something positive out of the Galway game. As a few analysts have said, the management team would have been shot if they had discarded the old boys and we lost, they had to stick with them at the time. Now we know the new blood, well the ones that might actually improve the team, have to be tried. I still think that Galway game will turn out to be a blessing in disguise in the long run.
As for the game itself, I'm not expecting a cracker, remember '05? shocking game altogether. Hopefully we'll have enough in us to win by a few points and get the confidence up again

Tubberman

QuoteIt should be a cracker of a match. Cavan mayo matches usuallly are . they are two of the best to watch footballing counties in the country and neither are carrying much baggage about each other but have a lot to prove this year to themselves.
O'mahoney will hardly survive the winter should may lose after all his bull time he stood up and delivered. he has taken all-irelnd finalist asnd made them look a very poor team.
Mayo by 1 if we're lucky

My god rosnarun, you're in quare form lately!  :D
How could you think this will be a cracker after 05 - worst game of the year. And both teams have been poor so far this year.
John O'Mahony is on a 3 year term, and will not be gone by winter, regardless of the result. You seem to have caught the disease a lot of Mayo supporters had a few years ago - completely over-reacting based on one result. If we win, we're on the way to Sam, if we lose, sack the manager.
Get a bit of realism!   
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

EastMayoHerald

Lads

Do you not think Mayo have already given up on this year?  Trying new players in all the challenge games would suggest we are doing nothing but team building.

I have always thought Trev Mort belongs in the half back line but Ger Brady?

In fairness to JOM it is ok trying guys out in the league but you only get the real picture in a Championship match.  We will have to put with it for the next two years I am afraid.

the ship

cavan to win and give the rest of the country a break from mayo god help us

Davitt Man

Quote from: rosnarun on June 25, 2007, 09:29:00 AM
It should be a cracker of a match. Cavan mayo matches usuallly are .

You taking the piss, were you in the hyde a few years ago when these 2 played it was the worst game of football i ever saw, terrible stuff altogether, i can see the same happening in 2 weeks time, mayo winning pulling up, the game will be over as a contest with 20mins to go id say, a bit like the dublin offaly game yesterday

Barney

To be honest I don't see any reason for over-confidence.

We should win if we are any good - but are we? The Galway game was a real eye-open to our deficiencies. The most disappointing thing of the season is that we have left it so late to make changes that needed to be made and were sticking out like a sore thumb.

EMH, I don't think anyone has given up on 07, but the aim is probably to go as far as possible and integrate some of the u21s of the last few years into the panel. A noble aim for the league I would have thought.

Home advantage is the big thing here for me. If it was up in Cavan you would have to be worried.

Davitt Man

Quote from: Barney on June 25, 2007, 11:55:26 AM
To be honest I don't see any reason for over-confidence.

We should win if we are any good - but are we?

I agree, how good are we? but in fairness watching cavan they look a shambles, 3 players gone to the states, players not fit, morale in the camp obviously low. Mayo will win, cavan are poor

prewtna

Quote from: Davitt Man on June 25, 2007, 08:19:14 AM
Quote from: prewtna on June 24, 2007, 06:36:24 PM
not looking forward to starting back into training tho. :-[ 

Junior game saturday evening, you will be around for that i take!!

ya jaysus straight back into it!  :P

tho i think it woud be a bit presumtuous of me to tog out for this one! training sunday aswell???

Davitt Man

Quote from: prewtna on June 25, 2007, 12:22:45 PM
Quote from: Davitt Man on June 25, 2007, 08:19:14 AM
Quote from: prewtna on June 24, 2007, 06:36:24 PM
not looking forward to starting back into training tho. :-[ 

Junior game saturday evening, you will be around for that i take!!

ya jaysus straight back into it!  :P

tho i think it woud be a bit presumtuous of me to tog out for this one! training sunday aswell???

Dont worry you will be getting the call friday night from the gaffer and they will have you togged straight away

rosnarun

i had wiped hyde park from the memory but i remeber a few league games on in particular in ballinrobe about 4? years ago as entertaining a game as you'd ever see full of good cleasn football cavan hammering in goals and mayo still winning . whatr more could you ask for ?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

QuoteJohn O'Mahony is on a 3 year term
;D :D ;D :D ;D :D >:(

And they are always served out esp by sitting TD's.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Redgreenery

Question for ye about Pat Harte, is he suspended for this match from the red card in the Galway game??

EastMayoHerald

Anyone know anything about challenge against Cork.

Redgreenery

Quote from: EastMayoHerald on June 25, 2007, 02:37:20 PM
Yeah heard Mayo won it by 2 points.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Redgreenery on June 25, 2007, 02:38:03 PM
Quote from: EastMayoHerald on June 25, 2007, 02:37:20 PM
Yeah heard Mayo won it by 2 points.
It seems they played really well. Lads, some of the Cavan are in the states at the moment and it seems from a couple of lads at work that the whole county set up in Cavan is in a shambles. If this current managment set up in Mayo can not turn things around in 7 weeks we may as well all take up fishing or something...Mayo by 6.