derry v cork 02/07/23

Started by HiMucker, June 27, 2023, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

What's the story with tickets lads?

Couldn't get any kids tickets yesterday, now I can't get any tickets.
Sold out?
Or typical bs about tickets being g released in batches?

Redhand Santa

The tickets available to ticketmaster will have all sold out, it's not to do with them being released in batches.

But the gaa will have held so many back for season ticket holders, sponsors, officials and a small allocation for all clubs in the counties. Good chance most people will have bought online and some of the club tickets make there way back onto ticketmaster later in the week.

screenexile

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 27, 2023, 04:30:14 PM
The tickets available to ticketmaster will have all sold out, it's not to do with them being released in batches.

But the gaa will have held so many back for season ticket holders, sponsors, officials and a small allocation for all clubs in the counties. Good chance most people will have bought online and some of the club tickets make there way back onto ticketmaster later in the week.

I heard the Dubs took their 30k allocation or whatever!?

HiMucker

Quote from: Estimator on June 27, 2023, 02:50:42 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 27, 2023, 12:42:51 PM
I think this match is the one that has the greatest chance of a shock over the weekend. Derry had a relatively easy group and based on their performances & results there were some signs that they have dropped off from their previously manic intensity levels. Cork could win this.
Only because it wouldn't be a shock if any of the other quarter-finals went either way.
Aye my thoughts on that as well.

screenexile

Word is more tickets released tomorrow evening... hang tight!!

armaghniac

While I expect that almost everyone will be sorted in the end, the GAA should have opened tickets in the first instance to people who bought tickets for previous games and only then opened it for free for all.

As for the game, there remains a doubt whether the departure of the manager will reduce Derry performance enough to put Cork in the frame.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

This game not remotely sell out, same crap with the tickets as last year. Cork never should beat Roscommon, they give it tight to Derry in the first half if Derry come into the game complacent, but I expect the extra game to take it's toll and Derry to pull away 15/20mins from the end.

Redhand Santa

It might not br far away from a sell out. Dublin and mayo have the two biggest support bases in the country. Derry cork match probably attract 15-20,000 on its own. They sold all the tickets for last years quarter final double bill on the Sunday.

JoG2

Will sell out or be very very close. We're up in the gods in the Canal End corner. Derry fans only getting warmed up, if we get though we'll bring 30k ourselves to the semi. Standing room only at Poundhill in Aughnacloy on the road down.
This'll be a tight affair. 

Armagh18

dont know about other counties but Armagh clubs got an email to say thst tickets would be online only and not through clubs

Wildweasel74

Doing well bringing 30k when there barely 3k in Longford. Very poorly supported the other week.

restorepride

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 27, 2023, 11:17:17 PM
Doing well bringing 30k when there barely 3k in Longford. Very poorly supported the other week.
Why would Doire families have wasted the expense on that meaningless game?

Wildweasel74

Think it's called supporting your team.

kickingmule

Have they even got 30 supporters including gallagher?

tbrick18

I honestly think this will be a close game.
Cork have shown over the last couple of games with their performances against Roscommon and Mayo that they can compete with the top teams.
We haven't come up against a top team this year yet in championship (by that I mean a team with a chance of AI success like Mayo).
We've had extra time off but so far this year I don't think we've really clicked for a full 70.
We've lost a manager mid-season.
We have one of the best footballers in Derry back on the panel.

There are so many variables to this game I'm finding it hard to predict.
Cork will fancy their chances big time. I hope Derry don't get complacent, we've no right to be.
Each game now needs to be treated as a final.

I actually think CP will suit how Derry have evolved this year in an attacking sense and for me it feels like there will be goals coming with the space.
However, it has been shown this year how difficult life becomes when opposition push up on our kickouts. So it will be interesting to see what tactics Cork go for, I can't see them not pushing up on us but a lot depends on how they rate their midfield 8 against ours. If they feel we'll win more long kicks than them, they may well concede the kickouts, mirror our setup and try to hit us on the break. But I don't think Cork play that way.

Interesting game.
I'll take a 1 point win but nothing would surprise me.