Begley to Parnells?

Started by Declan, January 13, 2010, 03:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Parnells have money to spend and spend it they will.

The accounts should be interesting.

INDIANA

Quote from: Canalman on January 14, 2010, 09:32:14 AM
Parnells are flush with cash after the sale of their grounds at the airport ( behind where all the planespotters park at Collinstown Lane). Bad bad move imo by Parnells as they have lots of GPOs working on the juvenile scene and any success they get will be tainted by the "blow in" smear. Building a new clubhouse and pitches as well.

Have to point out that I personally found Parnells' teams in the past very undisciplined and downright nasty at times.
For the record Parnells  destroyed Kilmore GAA many years by poaching at one time their best players.
Nothing DCB can do I suppose.

Couldn't argue with any of that. Our relations with them are the pits anyway.

liihb

as are ours, vicious enough games any time we play them.....
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Canalman on January 14, 2010, 09:32:14 AM
Parnells are flush with cash after the sale of their grounds at the airport ( behind where all the planespotters park at Collinstown Lane). Bad bad move imo by Parnells as they have lots of GPOs working on the juvenile scene and any success they get will be tainted by the "blow in" smear. Building a new clubhouse and pitches as well.

Have to point out that I personally found Parnells' teams in the past very undisciplined and downright nasty at times.
For the record Parnells  destroyed Kilmore GAA many years by poaching at one time their best players.
Nothing DCB can do I suppose.
completely agree with all that apart from the club wont give a fiddlers if they bring back the success of the 80's where they were Dublin and Leinster kingpins.

One of the worst teams to play against for years now in terms of dirt and fighting.
Poor kilmore were destroyed by parnells - wasnt cluxton a kilmore man originally?

DCB or any club cannot stop intercounty transfers.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: liihb on January 14, 2010, 01:14:36 PM
as are ours, vicious enough games any time we play them.....
...you didnt mention that is is not our club that start the rows - always parnells

they were the exact same to play against in the mid 90's whan I played them for my prev club civil service -and other lads from other clubs say the exact same thing about parnells !

DCB should be acting against teams that indulge in such thuggery  - parnells and a couple more that I wont mention right now.

boojangles

Canalman what are GPO's??
Whether its whats hampering Dublins progress or not, it is an issue thats been around 30 or 40 years.Its not a new occurence. Its the big smoke and some lads are always going to want to transfer to a Dublin club if they are living and working there.Its their own choice at the end of the day. Iv lived in Dublin and travelling back and forth on Tuesday nites for 5 or 6 hours is not easy.
In fairness to the DCB they don't allow every transfer request through without checking details.Just ask Ray Cullivan.

Canalman

Games Promotions Officers.

Glad to see other members agree with our club's views on Parnells.

heffo

It's also quite handy for any lads coming up from the country who play with Parnells that Parnells have a nice big city centre apt so it saves on the hassle of lads having to sort out accomodation.

ricky-bobby

Hi,since i'm a parnells man i thought i should throw some light on things goin on here.Firstly though,the whole talk of parnells as a team that uses thuggery in their games is well of the mark.Personally i feel that us as teams,whether its senior,junior 1 or 2 are physical and passionate for our club jersey when we hit the field.We are based in the most populated club catchment area in not only dublin but the whole of ireland,and like any other teams a local derby brings out tempers sometimes,but to say that were thugs is not on.The Kilmore thing was ugly at the time but many things came into the equation like Kilmore were breaking up and falling apart and many of the lads were good mates with Parnells lads,also Kilmore wanted to put the Kilmore name with Parnells,who weren't too keen on it.Understandable there.Having said that,there are still many ex Kilmore players vitally involved with the club.
Back to the thread topic,Colm is being brought in to do coaching within the club,we currently have 10 coaches made up of senior players,hurlers,etc involved in the schools,primary and secondary who are doing massive work and the club is already reaping the benefits,for instance the summer camps just gone the numbers attending hit nearly 1900 over a 8 week period.So while people might say this transfer and others like it are gonna hurt us,let me assure you that we're firmly focused on our youth.
As for Colms role in the senior team,it is a massive gain for us,like last year with Rooney and Parkinson.He is living about a 5 minute walk from the club and from what i've heard he's really enthusiastic and up for the task of what is trying to be achieved on the pitch with the seniors and off it with the schools section and juvenile section.
Last year we had Stephen Cluxton and Darren Rooney missing for a lot of our games due to intercounty committments,and Parkinson had a bad injury 6 games into the league campaign and other lads then stepped up to the plate when the so called big guns were out.
We've big plans off the pitch with our new clubhouse,which is being built using EVERY single penny of our money from the sale of the pitches beside airportso it cuts out any money leeches,so to say were flush with cash is another false statement.
Thing that is so common in this country with GAA especially in dublin is when a club is doing well and looking to better things,all the others can do is sit back and snipe and talk down that club.The thing with us is we are too focused on our goals as a club and teams and coaches to let this get in our way.

LilySavage

Parnells have also poached a Kildare u21 player as well this year.

ricky-bobby

he plays for trinity college and lives nearby.players dont get poached,he could have said no.parnells sponsor jersey and let trinity college use their facilities in artane.

theoriginalmup

heffo

I hear Coolock is beautiful at this time of year - tis no wonder all these high profile lads from the country end up living right beside the clubhouse.

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on January 15, 2010, 10:33:00 PM
I hear Coolock is beautiful at this time of year - tis no wonder all these high profile lads from the country end up living right beside the clubhouse.
[/b]

Ah, how convenient.

Jimmy14

Quote from: ricky-bobby on January 15, 2010, 04:38:35 PM
Hi,since i'm a parnells man i thought i should throw some light on things goin on here.Firstly though,the whole talk of parnells as a team that uses thuggery in their games is well of the mark.Personally i feel that us as teams,whether its senior,junior 1 or 2 are physical and passionate for our club jersey when we hit the field.We are based in the most populated club catchment area in not only dublin but the whole of ireland,and like any other teams a local derby brings out tempers sometimes,but to say that were thugs is not on.The Kilmore thing was ugly at the time but many things came into the equation like Kilmore were breaking up and falling apart and many of the lads were good mates with Parnells lads,also Kilmore wanted to put the Kilmore name with Parnells,who weren't too keen on it.Understandable there.Having said that,there are still many ex Kilmore players vitally involved with the club.
Back to the thread topic,Colm is being brought in to do coaching within the club,we currently have 10 coaches made up of senior players,hurlers,etc involved in the schools,primary and secondary who are doing massive work and the club is already reaping the benefits,for instance the summer camps just gone the numbers attending hit nearly 1900 over a 8 week period.So while people might say this transfer and others like it are gonna hurt us,let me assure you that we're firmly focused on our youth.
As for Colms role in the senior team,it is a massive gain for us,like last year with Rooney and Parkinson.He is living about a 5 minute walk from the club and from what i've heard he's really enthusiastic and up for the task of what is trying to be achieved on the pitch with the seniors and off it with the schools section and juvenile section.
Last year we had Stephen Cluxton and Darren Rooney missing for a lot of our games due to intercounty committments,and Parkinson had a bad injury 6 games into the league campaign and other lads then stepped up to the plate when the so called big guns were out.
We've big plans off the pitch with our new clubhouse,which is being built using EVERY single penny of our money from the sale of the pitches beside airportso it cuts out any money leeches,so to say were flush with cash is another false statement.
Thing that is so common in this country with GAA especially in dublin is when a club is doing well and looking to better things,all the others can do is sit back and snipe and talk down that club.The thing with us is we are too focused on our goals as a club and teams and coaches to let this get in our way.
#1 As another Dublin member I can assure everybody Parnells reputation as thuggerish is well deserved over the years!
#2 There was no charge for the summer camp with all geared supplied FOC
#3 Last year they had 5/6 players from Dublin clubs transfer also
#4 Of course they live 5 mins from the club, who do you thinkowns the premises ::)
#5 Your new plans will ensure a steady stream of revenue houses/apartments to be sold!

TBH considering where Parnells were 2 years ago it would be hard for them to sit back with all that money in their pockets playing Intermediate football and slowly slipping away.
It's just their new found arrogance which is annoying people!