Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 19, 2019, 11:30:50 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 19, 2019, 12:12:52 AM
I haven't really been following the full back story to this, but I find it strange that ISIS would just let her wander out of their enclave and move back to the UK. I'd have thought this sort of disloyalty would have resulted in her being executed.

ISIS is defeated and finished in state form, they hold a tiny area on the Iraqi/Syrian border which is only a matter of time before it's overrun, they are using human shields at the moment to halt progress.

It'll morph back to an Al Qaeda like organisation from here, perhaps another group will rise. As far as being a target on the map this group is finished and like Capt Pat said, they are on the run (those with any kind of intelligence)

Fair enough, but i still would have thought that they'd have enough firepower remaining to stop a woman who is 9 months pregnant, and possibly knows a little too much about the organisation, from casually wandering off back to the arms of UK. I'd have thought they were still trying to play some sort of propaganda game. Or maybe as you say, they are so on the verge of collapse that they have bigger things to worry about.
That was never a square ball!!

Insane Bolt

The legal aid brigade will be rubbing their hands....another cash cow to milk to death.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 19, 2019, 11:35:00 AM
I haven't really been following the full back story to this, but I find it strange that ISIS would just let her wander out of their enclave and move back to the UK. I'd have thought this sort of disloyalty would have resulted in her being executed.

ISIS is defeated and finished in state form, they hold a tiny area on the Iraqi/Syrian border which is only a matter of time before it's overrun, they are using human shields at the moment to halt progress.

It'll morph back to an Al Qaeda like organisation from here, perhaps another group will rise. As far as being a target on the map this group is finished and like Capt Pat said, they are on the run (those with any kind of intelligence)

Fair enough, but i still would have thought that they'd have enough firepower remaining to stop a woman who is 9 months pregnant, and possibly knows a little too much about the organisation, from casually wandering off back to the arms of UK. I'd have thought they were still trying to play some sort of propaganda game. Or maybe as you say, they are so on the verge of collapse that they have bigger things to worry about.

Absolutely, but she probably would have slowed them down, maybe she was cut loose? Surprising the group didn't use her as some kind of sick PR stunt myself but those lads have bigger problems right now.

The biggest question I have now with the fall of ISIS is, where is all the money? There are likely some leaders of that organisation, wherever they may be now with the access and knowledge of enough money I would imagine to keep going and funding war for a long time.

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 19, 2019, 11:40:32 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 19, 2019, 11:35:00 AM

Absolutely, but she probably would have slowed them down, maybe she was cut loose? Surprising the group didn't use her as some kind of sick PR stunt myself but those lads have bigger problems right now.

The biggest question I have now with the fall of ISIS is, where is all the money? There are likely some leaders of that organisation, wherever they may be now with the access and knowledge of enough money I would imagine to keep going and funding war for a long time.

I think their cash reserves were a regular target of US drones. As well as targeting their accounts the US went after the bundles of hard currency as it was a large and flammable target and stopped them from functioning as a Government. Tha tis not to say that some men will have got away with vast sums.

trailer

The UK have effectively shredded her citizenship leaving her stateless. I never knew this could be done unless the person was a dual citizen.

Capt Pat

Where will she go now that her citizenship has been revoked? Bangladesh?

trailer

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 19, 2019, 07:22:08 PM
Where will she go now that her citizenship has been revoked? Bangladesh?

I understand her Mother holds a Bangladeshi passport, not sure if she does.

sid waddell

Disgusting right wing populist decision.

What a vile government the UK has.

trailer

It'll be interesting to see what happens. While I have no love for her and think she should spend a significant amount of time in prison, I believe that should be a UK prison.

Wonder what nationality the child is in this scenario? Syrian? British?

Insane Bolt

Thought it was illegal to make a person stateless.

screenexile

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 19, 2019, 08:06:10 PM
Thought it was illegal to make a person stateless.

Looks like she's a dual citizen and the UK have revoked theirs first!!

LCohen

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 19, 2019, 08:15:02 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/isis-bride-shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-by-british-government/ar-BBTOLHs?li=BBoPWjQ

Appears to be changing her tune now.

Appalling decision.

I totally agreed with the previous position of taking her back and subjecting her to investigation if she presented herself but actually putting a boot on the ground to fish her out

Wildweasel74

Ah sure there many of you could only wish you be declassified as a British citizen.

Main Street

It's a blatantly sexist stunt as well. Hundreds of males have returned to the UK and the vast majority had no action taken against them, hardly noticed, but  soon as a young teen bride appears on the scene the media does a frenzy attack then the scum of the earth vent their spleen against her and that's not just on this board.

It' was a well known recruitment ploy in order  to lure muslim males out to join up with ISIS, where gullible teen females  were already waiting for them and marry them. If a sex starved muslim male wanted a bride all he had to do was travel to Syria and sign up to ISIS, financial bonuses were even provided for babies.  But now all the moralisers can do is jump on their high horses incandescent with outrage and attack the young woman, meanwhlie there are probably many hundreds of known, already returned  to the UK, ISIS male fighters just carrying on with their lives and not a peep of outrage, no sky,itv, uk times reporters recording your every naive word, twisting the words and splashing it out on headlines for an all too gullible public.