The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: markl121 on February 19, 2019, 08:32:41 PM
Christ the rte commentary team are on form tonight. Keita, mane and gini are interchangeable depending on which one comes to mind first. Don't know if they've got it right yet
Horrendous. Houghton does my head in.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Hound

Would like to see both our full backs put in improved performances in the second half

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on February 19, 2019, 08:48:45 PM
Quote from: markl121 on February 19, 2019, 08:32:41 PM
Christ the rte commentary team are on form tonight. Keita, mane and gini are interchangeable depending on which one comes to mind first. Don't know if they've got it right yet
Horrendous. Houghton does my head in.

Yes! If Liverpool are playing - Jim Beglin is the man.

imtommygunn

Alexander Arnold makes a big difference to that team.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 19, 2019, 07:26:18 PM
I am worried going into this game with the defense looking not strong enough for a team like Bayern. I would take nil nil.

I got what I wanted not what I expected. With Van Djik coming back in and Kimmic sitting out for Bayern. The balance of the tie is shifting in Liverpools favour not in Munichs as their fans seemed to think after securing the nil all draw.

Hound

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 19, 2019, 11:39:55 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 19, 2019, 07:26:18 PM
I am worried going into this game with the defense looking not strong enough for a team like Bayern. I would take nil nil.

I got what I wanted not what I expected. With Van Djik coming back in and Kimmic sitting out for Bayern. The balance of the tie is shifting in Liverpools favour not in Munichs as their fans seemed to think after securing the nil all draw.
Whoever gets the first goal will be strong favorites, as they'd be likely to add to it on the break

Hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 19, 2019, 09:31:31 PM
Is that sarcasm?

He certainly didn't make a big difference yesterday

He's exciting, he's pacy, he's energetic. He gets into good positions but doesn't always deliver. He can run into cul de sacs, he can lose the ball in dangerous positions. A ball rolled out to him outside the box on the left hand side, super position for a right footed strike, and he blazed it high and wide. Very poor effort from a guy who hits free kicks.

He definitely has potential to reach the heights the British media have already given him, but he's a long away to go. I think he'd make a great midfielder if he got a run of 5 or 6 games there, but we need him more at right back.

But I've no doubt that OGS will identify him as our weak link and target him on Sunday. I'd be very surprised if Rashford is not plopped on their left wing. So opportunity for Trent to show he's improving.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Hound on February 20, 2019, 07:16:24 AM
Is that sarcasm?

He's exciting, he's pacy, he's energetic. He gets into good positions but doesn't always deliver. He can run into cul de sacs, he can lose the ball in dangerous positions. A ball rolled out to him outside the box on the left hand side, super position for a right footed strike, and he blazed it high and wide. Very poor effort from a guy who hits free kicks.

He definitely has potential to reach the heights the British media have already given him, but he's a long away to go. I think he'd make a great midfielder if he got a run of 5 or 6 games there, but we need him more at right back.

But I've no doubt that OGS will identify him as our weak link and target him on Sunday. I'd be very surprised if Rashford is not plopped on their left wing. So opportunity for Trent to show he's improving.

Mourinho did it last year and they got 2 goals from his side.

J70

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on February 20, 2019, 11:12:46 AM
Quote from: Hound on February 20, 2019, 07:16:24 AM
Is that sarcasm?

Mourinho did it last year and they got 2 goals from his side.

A lot of that blame has to go to Lovren, however, who was bullied by Lukaku in the lead-up to both.

Liverpool have a horrible recent record at Old Trafford. I'd be happy to take a point from this.

Milltown Row2

Liverpool are 11/8, best price they'll be
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Insane Bolt

United are 21/10.....great price.

markl121

The fear has set in now. I never enjoy Liverpool united games. This is how titles are won and lost though.

ardtole

Quote from: Insane Bolt on February 24, 2019, 09:39:57 AM
United are 21/10.....great price.

I'm waiting on Liverpool for 270 euro, so lump on United to draw or win, is a cert.

J70

Quote from: markl121 on February 24, 2019, 10:09:29 AM
The fear has set in now. I never enjoy Liverpool united games. This is how titles are won and lost though.

Yep. A lot more riding on this for Liverpool than United. They need to stand up and show some balls.