TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Laoch

Quote from: rrhf on October 22, 2008, 02:51:07 PM
by your logic if the games were shown with spanish or chinese commentary there would be more spanish / chinese viewers watching it.

sounds logical to me

anybody know what game(s) are confirmed for the weekend yet? Nothing on tg4 website but I expect KK Hurling final live and Tyrone footie deferred?

Bogball XV

Quote from: hardstation on October 19, 2008, 10:50:06 PM
TG4 need to get rid of the Irish language for these games. It's just not fair. They should have the GAA games in English and the rest of their programmes in Irish.
About time someone raised this issue, well done hardstation!! 

Rossfan

Time to abolish all this Irish nonsense eh?
What the hell are Bogball and th'other eejit doing following Gaelic games then when one of the aims of th GAA is furthering the Gaeilge.

Lean ar aghaidh leis an dea obair a ThG4.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

It's very much alive and if you want to be considered a proper Irishman you should learn a bit of it instead of the oul Seóinín/Unionist attitude of get rid of all that oul Irishness. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gaffer

The Irish commentary spoils the All Ireland Minor Final for me every year.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

under the bar

QuoteThe Irish commentary spoils the All Ireland Minor Final for me every year.

Do you have commentary when you are at a game?  No. Then why not just turn the commentary down if it annoys you so much?  I'm no gaelgor but find the commentary in Irish useful just for the players names.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: hardstation on October 22, 2008, 07:07:08 PM
You're a sad act. Move on with the times.

Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam, gramps.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Laoch

Quote from: Gaffer on October 22, 2008, 09:25:41 PM
The Irish commentary spoils the All Ireland Minor Final for me every year.

Marty Morrissey and Ger Canning spoil the senior one for me most years.

stiffler

Any games being shown live this weekend?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

laoisgaa

SUNDAY
LIVE 3.30pm - TYRONE SFC FINAL Dromore v Clonoe @ Healy Park
DEFERRED 5.05pm - KILKENNY SHC FINAL - James Stephens v Ballyhale Shamrocks @ Nowlan Park

MONDAY 27 OCTOBER
8:00pm    GAA 2008
Hour long highlights show with action from the weekends GAA matches:
Dublin County Senior Football Final  -  Kilmacud Crokes  v  St. Oliver Plunkett,s/Eoghan Ruadh
Clare County Senior Hurling Final  -  Clonlara  v  Newmarket-on-Fergus
Tyrone County Senior Football Final  -  Clonoe  v  Dromore
Kilkenny County Senior Hurling Final  -  James Stephens  v  Ballyhale Shamrocks

Gaffer

Quote from: under the bar on October 23, 2008, 10:43:41 AM
QuoteThe Irish commentary spoils the All Ireland Minor Final for me every year.

Do you have commentary when you are at a game?  No. Then why not just turn the commentary down if it annoys you so much?  I'm no gaelgor but find the commentary in Irish useful just for the players names.

What?

And watch the game in silence?

Great suggestion!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Carmen Stateside

Anyone got any help for me, Tg4 no longer broadcasting outside Ireland on the web :(
Would really love to see the Tyrone final tomorrow?

glens73

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 25, 2008, 07:55:45 PM
Anyone got any help for me, Tg4 no longer broadcasting outside Ireland on the web :(
Would really love to see the Tyrone final tomorrow?

Carmen, I sent Tg4 an e-mail as I live in england and I can't get access either, when I could in other years. This is their reply -:

This is probably a rights issue. TG4 have the rights to show the Club Championships and the Football and Hurling Leagues, these rights are restricted to Ireland only because the GAA have sold the International viewing rights to another company (Setanta I think) - therefore if you are using TG4 LIVE from outside Ireland these matches are blocked. There are some exceptions, we can show Ladies Football and McKenna Cup matches internationally and club championship matches until they leave their county - once they are playing provincial matches they are blocked again.

I hope that this explains what is happening, of course we would love to show all GAA matches Internationally but the rights would cost too much for TG4.

I thought that this would indicate they would at least show the county finals if not the provincial matches but there was no coverage these past few Sundays of county finals. However, to be honest he doesn't convince me that he knows what he is talking about, good and all as it was of him to take the time to reply.

Zapatista

Would it be that the club finals are being broadcated on the smae show as the provicinals? There are a few matches benig broadcasted by tg4 tomorrow.