TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rawhide

Quote from: The Stallion on March 18, 2017, 02:55:16 PM
Have to say they ran down the clock as well as I've seen any team do it, although Slaughtneil were silly in not pushing up, they had to take risks at that stage but their conservative style is so ingrained they were reluctant to do so. As well as the fatigue as a result of playing half the game a man down after the stupid red card they got.

But i agree it's not great to watch.

Uncanny similarities to Tyrone in the All Ireland semi final, where there defensive game was so engrained that they were unable to push out of their defensive shape when they needed to go after the game.
cccc is a true supporter lol

joemamas

Quote from: The Stallion on March 18, 2017, 03:43:12 PM
One of his other posts declares Aidan O'Shea is the greatest midfielder of the past 25 years lol.

He has no school today and Hogan stand website must be down

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mayoaremagic on March 18, 2017, 02:36:24 PM
Excellent football display from Crokes. Play football the right way. No blanket defense or negative football.

This was you watching the game in a warm bar yesterday.

imtommygunn

Quote from: joemamas on March 18, 2017, 04:14:39 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on March 18, 2017, 03:43:12 PM
One of his other posts declares Aidan O'Shea is the greatest midfielder of the past 25 years lol.

He has no school today and Hogan stand website must be down

I had stallion down as an old geezer ;D

Il Bomber Destro

I flagged up Crokes being unbelievably cynical from the semi final game with Corofin but was lambasted for doing so.

Once again it looks like they got with the same tactics once again with Slaughtneil with little comment from the GAA media, just imagine an Ulster side deployed the same cynicism.

The Stallion

You say that Bomber, but I've been pointing out Slaughtneil's cynical tactics for some time and by and large it is swept under the carpet by both media and Ulster GAA folk.

In fact I was criticised for pointing out their cynical play in the past by people who then had the nerve to complain about Crokes doing the same thing. Cognitive dissonance in action.

screenexile

Was about to post a rant about eirsport getting Club games now instead of TG4 but that doesn't seem to be the case. They are doing it along with TG4 and hoping to show 30 live Club games on which is great I think.

http://gaeliclife.com/2017/03/eir-sport-wins-rights-club-games/

Maroon Manc

Quote from: screenexile on March 23, 2017, 12:01:01 PM
Was about to post a rant about eirsport getting Club games now instead of TG4 but that doesn't seem to be the case. They are doing it along with TG4 and hoping to show 30 live Club games on which is great I think.

Good news, clearly looked at the viewing figures tg4 attract for their games.

Mentioned it on the u21 thread that tg4 will show all four provincial finals online over the next few weeks and their accessible to those overseas like me.

yellowcard

We complain often enough about the direction the GAA is heading but I think this is most definitely a positive. You can argue that it is not terrestrial tv that has taken up the rights but I have argued for a long while now that the GAA could do a lot more to promote the club championship and this is a welcome start.

macdanger2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 23, 2017, 12:12:10 PM

Mentioned it on the u21 thread that tg4 will show all four provincial finals online over the next few weeks and their accessible to those overseas like me.

Are those U21 games available ONLY online? Or on TV & online?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 23, 2017, 01:25:19 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 23, 2017, 12:12:10 PM

Are those U21 games available ONLY online? Or on TV & online?

Online only in the article I read.

Owen Brannigan

Hello to Eirsport for the next five years but is it goodbye to club football and hurling on TG4?

https://twitter.com/eirSport/status/844874003764391937

screenexile

drici

Camogie Intermediate Championship Final Replay
Cork v Meath
(Extra Time if required)
1-30pm

Kilcoo Eoghan Rua v Burren St Marys   beo
3-00pm

St Rynaghs v Kilcormac Killoughey   iarbheo

drici

Peil na mBan Junior Championship Final Replay