TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2017, 06:19:14 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2017, 06:16:45 PM
3 to 2 second half so far. Late drama or Dr Crokes to close it out?
This is over
Its over now and the long wait for a Kerry senior Club All Ireland title is over now!

trileacman

Crimes are cynical f**kers. Cooper was shite enough.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Boycey

Quote from: trileacman on March 17, 2017, 06:25:56 PM
Crimes are cynical f**kers. Cooper was shite enough.

Aye 1-2 worth of shite  ;D

randomusername

Someone should let John Payne know he just won an All-Ireland title.

Throw ball

Sad day for football . A pity in that if both teams had have played football it could have been a good game.

Harold Disgracey

A win for cynicism and anti-football, well done Maurice Deegan in ensuring the Gooch gets his club medal.

The Stallion

Slaughtneil beaten at their own game there. Had to laugh at the nerve of their players complaining about the cynical fouls and diving, something they have made a habit of themselves.

joemamas

Quote from: The Stallion on March 17, 2017, 06:34:49 PM
Slaughtneil beaten at their own game there. Had to laugh at the nerve of their players complaining about the cynical fouls and diving, something they have made a habit of themselves.

It might be worth going back looking at first half before coming to that assessment. I thought Crokes fouled ad nauseum and were not punished. What about incident along sideline when Crokes player took no 11 out of it then stood on him for good measure. Knee to head of midfielder along their own end line with 10 mins to go.

I could be wrong, but today Crokes were very cynical.

brokencrossbar1

Poor game. May have been better if the slaughtniel lad hadn't been sent off. Cynicism won and the worst is that Crokes have been like that all along and for all his undoubted talent the Gooch is an awful yap.

20 years on from football being reinvented and this is where we are at😉

mrdeeds

Good first half. The second half was terrible but red didn't help.

The Stallion

Quote from: joemamas on March 17, 2017, 06:46:04 PM

It might be worth going back looking at first half before coming to that assessment. I thought Crokes fouled ad nauseum and were not punished. What about incident along sideline when Crokes player took no 11 out of it then stood on him for good measure. Knee to head of midfielder along their own end line with 10 mins to go.

I agree Crokes were very cynical. Tactical fouling, going down easily etc. My point is Slaughtneil have been doing the same for years, so it's a bit rich of them to complain when they get a dose of their own medicine.

GalwayBayBoy

Crokes were extremely cynical but Slaugtneil only have themselves to blame. Crazy red card. Crokes were content to get their noses in front and foul after that knowing 14 men wouldn't be able to get enough scores to overtake them.

imtommygunn

Quote from: The Stallion on March 17, 2017, 07:10:58 PM
Quote from: joemamas on March 17, 2017, 06:46:04 PM

I agree Crokes were very cynical. Tactical fouling, going down easily etc. My point is Slaughtneil have been doing the same for years, so it's a bit rich of them to complain when they get a dose of their own medicine.

What is your "i told you so " count at now?

Disappointed in result especially with the way crokes played. Ref let them away with a lot and many more cards should have been dished out. As well as anything cassidy was giving them bother but they had started the cynical fouling on him as well as mckaigue and rodgers anyway so his influence had lessened. Buckley should have saw the line for fouls in first hald and number 11 was at it too but doing enough to slow it down but not give away the foul.

In the end though slaughtneil ran out of steam and just didn't have as much quality in the forwards.

Scoring Zone

The team with the better footballers won but it was criminal what Crokes got away with, it was a carbon copy of the Kerry senior outfit this last 3 years under Fitzmaurice. The cynical fouling doesnt really bother me too much as most top teams club and county do it but it was the wee cheap dig, kick, boot a split second after the foul, the knee on the back of the head before the deserved red card, the kick whilst bradley was going down etc etc. and it was always when the player was not in a place to protect himself, cheap stuff.

And the other thing is how Dr. Crokes invited Slaughtneil on in the second half instead of using the extra man to dictate possession and chip away at the scoreboard and see it out easier than they did was proof of the fabled Kerry swagger is gone

PS
The Gooch is well and truly done; no legs, get out now at the top lad