TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

It gently crossed over with the mention of a Club versus County game and then suddenly was off down the road heading out of sight.

Milltown Row2

Crokes 11/10 now for the title, no Cross or St Brigids  in their way
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2013, 02:04:00 PM

If they are ever going to do it you fancy it will have to be this year. They seem to be in very good form although so were St Brigid's until yesterday.

Captain Obvious

I don't think Dr Crokes have a good record against Dublin clubs however they won't get a better chance to win the All Ireland than 2014.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 25, 2013, 04:51:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2013, 02:04:00 PM

If they are ever going to do it you fancy it will have to be this year. They seem to be in very good form although so were St Brigid's until yesterday.

To be fair, Brigids didn't need to do much to deal with Tourlestrane or St. Mary's, neither would have had a hope of beating any of the top five teams in Roscommon, nevermind the Mayo or Galway champions. It was only their movement against Mary's that suggested things were really clicking, but like Cross Brigids don't really need to be playing at 100% before mid-October/November anyways.

Certainly it wasn't on the level of trashing Salthill or Ballagh in Galway and Castlebar.

ross4life

Ballymun won their Dublin title since 1985 last year and first ever provincial title, they were given little chance of beating Dr Crokes yet they won pulling up. Crokes are so far ahead of the rest in Kerry,Munster its hard to know if they are better than last year or good enough to beat Castlebar.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sam03/05

who is on this weekend?. It has to be the Ulster final surely. They have to do at least one Ulster game.

drici

Quote from: sam03/05 on November 26, 2013, 03:50:18 PM

who is on this weekend?. It has to be the Ulster final surely. They have to do at least one Ulster game.

It'll be on - but about half an hour behind because of the 3-00pm start.

(No Warrenpoint v Cookstown ExtraTime to hold it up and end up live like last year)

drici

Wildweasel74

Great game on TV but both teams showing very little tactical nous, i actually thought both teams are better than they actually are, Portlaoise should have closed up shop and not let st Vincents back into it, Both teams very porous at the back and i take Ballinderry or Dr crokes to beat them at the minute

rodney trotter

Vincents should take it now, 2 ahead through Connolly. Brilliant game.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

rodney trotter

St Vincents, 3-12 to 3-9, Mossie Quinn got a late pt  to seal it.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

INDIANA

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 08, 2013, 03:01:34 PM
Great game on TV but both teams showing very little tactical nous, i actually thought both teams are better than they actually are, Portlaoise should have closed up shop and not let st Vincents back into it, Both teams very porous at the back and i take Ballinderry or Dr crokes to beat them at the minute

delighted with the win. But overall I'd agree. Big improvement needed for the semi.