TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Anybody know what will be on this Autumn/Winter? Obviously the ladies will be on this Sunday but from then onwards it'll be clubs to bate the band I'd imagine.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

theticklemister

any streams going to england lads do ye know either?

emmetryan

Next week they are showing Salthill/Knocknacarra vs Tuam Stars in peil and the Tipp hurling final next Sunday.

For a game they didn't show, I was at the Louth Final today and did a tactical take here http://action81.com/blog/?p=6290
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

drici

Quote from: emmetryan on October 07, 2012, 09:59:19 PM

Next week they are showing Salthill/Knocknacarra vs Tuam Stars

WooHoo - Loads of caravans agus Leaba agus Bricfeasta versus the Saw Doctors beo ar an teilifís.

theticklemister

what game is live this sunday lads on tnag4?  canye get it online?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: theticklemister on October 12, 2012, 01:32:40 PM

Live - Salthill v Tuam Stars

Deferred - Drom & Inch V Thurles Sarsfields

theticklemister

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 12, 2012, 03:06:55 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on October 12, 2012, 01:32:40 PM

Live - Salthill v Tuam Stars

Deferred - Drom & Inch V Thurles Sarsfields
[/quotet]

Thats sunday sorted in front of laptop. I think the cross and pearse ogs match maybe on destination newry so plenty of gaa on

drici

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

drici

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 17, 2012, 06:54:28 PM

What's Iar-Bheo drici?

Rud ar bith - is cosúil - tá rugbaí ann ar 17:05.

Man of Kent

Some one asked me the other day if I watched club football in London. As I didn't I felt I perhaps I should.

London Senior Football Championship Final

Tir Chonaill Gaels 1-15 v Kingdom Kerry Gaels 1-8 (H/T 1-6 - 0-2)

The first thing to point out about this match was that the crowd seemed much bigger than the one that attend London's qualifier against Antrim in the Championship. It was a double header but I still found this a bit surprising

The match itself was a tetchy affair, littered with niggley fouls and handbags. TCG set the pace hitting the post from a free in the opening minute and dominating the early exchanges. 5 points and a well taken goal saw TCG go in at half time with a seven point lead which Kingdom never recovered.

However the turning point of the match came at the end of the half when Kevin Waldron (sorry if I've got the name wrong) saw red for a blatant punch. KKG were reduced to 13 in the latter stages their semi-final, but having to play over half the game a man short was always going to be to much.

KKG opened the second half scoring but were then on the end of a TCG scoring onslaught. Eight unanswered in 15 minutes ended the match as a contest.

That said KKG dug deep with 4 points and a goal without reply. A couple minutes after their goal Kingdom put a point over the bar from inside the small rectangle when a goal looked certain. In the end TCG held their nerve to run out deserved winners by 7 points.

I understand that Tir Chonaill Gaels will now represent London in an All Ireland Club Championship. Is this a valued competition?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Man of Kent on October 17, 2012, 09:09:45 PM
Some one asked me the other day if I watched club football in London. As I didn't I felt I perhaps I should.

The first thing to point out about this match was that the crowd seemed much bigger than the one that attend London's qualifier against Antrim in the Championship. It was a double header but I still found this a bit surprising

The match itself was a tetchy affair, littered with niggley fouls and handbags. TCG set the pace hitting the post from a free in the opening minute and dominating the early exchanges. 5 points and a well taken goal saw TCG go in at half time with a seven point lead which Kingdom never recovered.

However the turning point of the match came at the end of the half when Kevin Waldron (sorry if I've got the name wrong) saw red for a blatant punch. KKG were reduced to 13 in the latter stages their semi-final, but having to play over half the game a man short was always going to be to much.

KKG opened the second half scoring but were then on the end of a TCG scoring onslaught. Eight unanswered in 15 minutes ended the match as a contest.

That said KKG dug deep with 4 points and a goal without reply. A couple minutes after their goal Kingdom put a point over the bar from inside the small rectangle when a goal looked certain. In the end TCG held their nerve to run out deserved winners by 7 points.

I understand that Tir Chonaill Gaels will now represent London in an All Ireland Club Championship. Is this a valued competition?

The All Ireland Club football Championship would be the equivalent of the Champions league, only that its the champions from each county represented and nothing else and its Knock out fooball. The London champions always play in the Connacht Club Championship, the same way as London play in Connacht for the County championship. Tit Chonaill will be playing in the next few weeks,

Man of Kent

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 17, 2012, 09:20:31 PM

The All Ireland Club football Championship would be the equivalent of the Champions league, only that its the champions from each county represented and nothing else and its Knock out fooball. The London champions always play in the Connacht Club Championship, the same way as London play in Connacht for the County championship. Tit Chonaill will be playing in the next few weeks,

So do we have a qualifier system as we do in the Championship, or do the four provincial winners go into the semi finals?

ross4life

Quote from: Man of Kent on October 17, 2012, 09:29:41 PM

So do we have a qualifier system as we do in the Championship, or do the four provincial winners go into the semi finals?

This year the London champions (Fulham Irish) took on St Brigid's (Connacht champions) in the quarter final, the year before Crossmaglen played the London champs so they are now due to play the Munster or Leinster winners.

The other three provincial winners go through to the semi finals.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

crossfire

Quote from: ross4life on October 17, 2012, 09:38:19 PM
Quote from: Man of Kent on October 17, 2012, 09:29:41 PM

This year the London champions (Fulham Irish) took on St Brigid's (Connacht champions) in the quarter final, the year before Crossmaglen played the London champs so they are now due to play the Munster or Leinster winners.The other three provincial winners go through to the semi finals.

On account of the large number of games that they have to play to win their provincial championship, the leinster club champions never have to play the British champions.