WestMeath v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, March 30, 2015, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Congrats to Rossies - life in Div1 can be tough but, we with the bus and all, I am sure ye'll prosper.

Shrewdness

Thanks Shamrock. Our magnificent bus deserves Division One football. It'll be a busy bus in the next few weeks.

seafoid

Kildare have no midfield but what happened Westmeath? They lost the last 4 matches after a decent enough start.

shark

Quote from: seafoid on April 06, 2015, 12:32:44 PM
Kildare have no midfield but what happened Westmeath? They lost the last 4 matches after a decent enough start.

Beat the other two poorest teams in the division and lost to the rest. 4 points would have been enough only for the division's biggest outlier of a result, that being Laois beating Ros. In saying that, 4 points would not normally be enough to stay up. The panel is extremely shallow so despite only having 3 certain starters injured (which is hardly an injury crisis) the replacements are not there. Almost the whole team is built around the u21 team from 2010 which has been the county's only decent underage team since 2000. Eventually the lack of quality coming through catches up.
The promoted team in 2013 won almost every game by a point or two. They could quite easily have lost more than they won. Were never going to be good enough for Div1 last year, and proved to be not quite up to Div2 this year.
Apart from Dennis Glennon, I have no idea who Cribben could have been having a pop off in his interview. He spoke of "older" players, but all they key men (Heslin, Martin, Egan, Maguire) are in their early 20's. Kieran Gavin was a big loss as he is more than just a quality full back. Provides leadership as well as a bit of old fashioned toughness.

Congrats to Roscommon. An example of what can be done with patient and forward thinking planning. No doubt this won't be their last achievement as a team.

gibbs32

Well said sharks. As i reported in previous posts any team in ireland bar 10 teams can do what rossies have been doing.years of graft,guile,patience and its only start. Congrats to offly getting promoted,a county crying out for success in football. County board were happy spending millions on redevelopment when reality is you have to have structures to achieve that. Mayo are a disgrace in millions squandered and no bang for buck. Rossies are the template and i look forward to final v galway in connacht.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: seafoid on April 06, 2015, 12:32:44 PM

Could have got results if they were more clinical or were better set up or had more belief but they didn't. Goals killed us in this campaign, yesterday was a prime example of us being opened up by strong runners through an unguarded middle. Eastmeath made hay here as well.

I'd say Cribbin was including Heslin and Egan in his rant yesterday even if they are only the mid twenty mark. Heslin didn't look that bothered and rarely won clean ball. Ger Egan hasn't hit the heights of previous years, the added pressure of captaincy may not suit him.

Like shark alluded to, we are at nothing until we reinvest in our underage structures. Unfortunately we have a county board chaired by a developer who are seemingly only interested in building a new stand in Cusack park.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Syferus

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 06, 2015, 09:43:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 06, 2015, 09:38:35 PM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153710959849428&set=vb.362982499427&type=1

Hard not to like these ladeens.

No footage of the bus  :(

We parked it so that the Galway team had to walk by the bus to get to their's after the match. We're b**tards like that.

I think I saw Rossfan getting his picture taken with the bus actually.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on April 06, 2015, 09:46:54 PM

I think I saw Rossfan getting his picture taken with the bus actually.

Nice try Syfín but ya haven't outed me yet. That wasn't this buicín  :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

gibbs32

Classy video.just like the rossies at the moment.slick and classy with the coolest bus and i think the nicest jersey design in the country. Proud to be a rossie

AZOffaly

You're giving it away now. Ever hear of jumping the shark?

twohands!!!

Syferus

1. St. Nathys won the Hogan Cup in 1957 and in 1959 got to the final so Roscommon CBS are not the first Ros school bidding to win it.

2. It was four years ago that we journeyed through Division 4, not five.

3. Surprised Keys mentioned Willie without saying he's the co-manager of Roscommon CBS.

Besides that..  good work.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on April 08, 2015, 04:56:23 PM
1. St. Nathys won the Hogan Cup in 1957 and in 1959 got to the final so Roscommon CBS are not the first Ros school bidding to win it.

2. It was four years ago that we journeyed through Division 4, not five.

3. Surprised Keys mentioned Willie without saying he's the co-manager of Roscommon CBS.

Besides that..  good work.

Bloody hell you don't half blow things up to suit, St nathys a boarding school at the time most likely had a lot of Mayo men on board probably more than roscommon , pretty sure I read on Mayo blog a few years ago there two men from Belmullet on that team , sure there were eleven Mayo men on one of the jarlaths teams that won it too.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .