Author Topic: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on France 2016  (Read 467361 times)

magpie seanie

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on Euro 2012
« Reply #645 on: May 25, 2011, 03:02:21 PM »
I agree with the most of that Dinny plus - international soccer is BORING! Save for the finals of major tournaments (and many of the games in them are poor too) most of the games are like watching paint dry.

Dinny Breen

• I will repair to the Curragh of Kildare
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 25, 2011, 03:50:23 PM »
I agree with the most of that Dinny plus - international soccer is BORING! Save for the finals of major tournaments (and many of the games in them are poor too) most of the games are like watching paint dry.

The entertainment value is dire I agree not helped by the conservative tactics of Trapp and Kerr and the no tactics from Stan, the qualifier night in Paris is one of the few times in recent memory that I have been excited by an Irish performance.
2008 GAA Spreads Winner

AFS

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 25, 2011, 06:17:23 PM »
If this happened under stan or Kerr etc they'd be crucified in the press. It seems that Trap can get away with anything because he reminds everyone of the scatty old grandad with the funny accent

Well I know personally one of the players who was supposed to be a "no show" even was named in the team but his physio at his club phoned the FAI on Sunday...He has a niggling injury...Probably could have played but 6 weeks rest is advised by a professional physio to keep him right for next season and considering Stoke start back 2nd July was advised not to play!! It's Traps fault if the messages are not being relayed to him...

Will Wilson be available for the Macedonia game? With no Dunne, probably no Clark, Kilbane nearly dead, and the terrifying reappearance of Paul McShane, he could well be needed.

Denn Forever

• Any means neccessary
    • View Profile
    • Malcolm x
« Reply #648 on: June 04, 2011, 12:32:39 AM »
Cox has really made hay while the sun shone and Shane Long has lost out on many fronts

Keane and Cox to start for Ireland 03 JUN 2011 20:23

Robbie Keane has been declared fit to start for the Republic of Ireland's crucial Euro 2012 qualifier clash against Macedonia on Saturday. 
-
The striker suffered a groin injury at training in Malahide on Thursday but passed a fitness test today and will start up front alongside Simon Cox. 
-
In the absence of Sean St Ledger, Darren O'Dea is named at centre-half, where he will partner John O'Shea. Stephen Kelly and Kevin Kilbane are at left and right back, while Shay Given starts in goal. 
-
In midfield, Aiden McGeady and Stephen Hunt are named on the wings and Glenn Whelan and Keith Andrews are in the centre with the team set up to play Trapattoni's familiar 4-4-2 formation. 
-
Ireland team to play Macedonia in Group B Euro 2012 qualifier, Skopje, Saturday, 8.30pm: 
-
Shay Given, Stephen Kelly, Darren O'Dea, John O'Shea, Kevin Kilbane; Aidan McGeady, Glenn Whelan, Keith Andrews, Stephen Hunt; Robbie Keane, Simon Cox 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #649 on: June 04, 2011, 12:35:17 AM »
Why do they always play against Macedonia?

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 04, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »

The entertainment value is dire I agree not helped by the conservative tactics of Trapp and Kerr and the no tactics from Stan, the qualifier night in Paris is one of the few times in recent memory that I have been excited by an Irish performance.

Not just ROI the last World cup was awful & they used every excuse from the the ball,weather to the vuvuzela. saying all that i'm looking forward to the copa America in July as it should bring some excitement.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Galwaybhoy

• Are You Watching Closely?
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 04, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
When you mention Macedonia people always remember the beatings and the Orange jersey.  No one ever seems to remember our worst result against this side.  The 1-1 away draw back in 1999 that cost us automatic qualification to Euro 2000.  Goal headed in from a corner in the last seconds of the match.  One of my worse memories as an Irish fan.

Tonight I don't think we will win.  Could be the usual.  Take a 1-0 lead early on, concede soon after and then battle to a 1-1 draw.  A win would put us in a great position though.

The Worker

• hoy hoy sailor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 04, 2011, 04:18:27 PM »

the Deel Rover

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 04, 2011, 04:35:21 PM »
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ardtole

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 04, 2011, 05:21:28 PM »
Russia drawing 1-1 at ht with Armenia. I thought the Russians would win handy, plenty of time left though I suppose.

Celt_Man

• View Profile
    • Cootehill Celtic Website
« Reply #655 on: June 04, 2011, 05:26:43 PM »
How is Kilbane still starting??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ardtole

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 04, 2011, 05:32:14 PM »
Russians 2-1 ahead now with 30 mins left.

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 04, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »
How is Kilbane still starting??

Jump leads.
MWWSI 2017

Blowitupref

• There will be at least 2 mins of additional time
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 04, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »
When you compare the current ROI line up with teams of the past it will be some achievement if Trapattoni get us to Euro 2012.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Shortso79

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 04, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
Come on Ireland !

Keano

Mac's missed a penalty