Author Topic: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on France 2016  (Read 511860 times)

screenmachine

• View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on Euro 2012
« Reply #345 on: October 11, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »
With Robbie Keane and Given to a lesser extent not having much/any first team football with their clubs for an extended period, we can't really expect much from them to be honest.  You can't just turn it on when you want, you need to be playing regularly.  Hopefully with a competitive game uinder the belt they can both kick on a bit for tomorrow nights game, it should benefit Keane more than Given but I thought he could have done better with the first goal although the free leading up to it was a bit of a mind boggler to be honest...Need another 3 points tomorrow night to get things back on track sharpish...Here's hoping... 8)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
Re: Re: The OFFICIAL FAI Thread.....Roll on Euro 2012
« Reply #346 on: October 11, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
There was no contact any of the times he went down. He's vying with Duff as the most annoying Irish diver. Tiresome shite to watch. I know this stuff is endemic in the value-free world of professional soccer, but it's still annoying seeing overpaid millionaires purporting to represent our country carrying on like this.

I agree.

Henry dives and he's a cheat

Keane dives and he's a hero.

You couldn't write the hypocrisy of it.

It shows where soccer is in Ireland when the only way we can score a goal against a decent side is using Wimbeldon tactics. Says everything.

Yeah and if you point out things like the above you're a traitor or a bogball idiot or something. Wasn't it rather apt they played that "we're all part of Jackie's army" song just before kickoff.

Croí na hÉireann

• There's Always Next Year...
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 11, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »
There was no contact any of the times he went down. He's vying with Duff as the most annoying Irish diver. Tiresome shite to watch. I know this stuff is endemic in the value-free world of professional soccer, but it's still annoying seeing overpaid millionaires purporting to represent our country carrying on like this.

I agree.

It shows where soccer is in Ireland when the only way we can score a goal against a decent side is using Wimbeldon tactics. Says everything.

Yeah and if you point out things like the above you're a traitor or a bogball idiot or something. Wasn't it rather apt they played that "we're all part of Jackie's army" song just before kickoff.

Watched it in the pub & shouted dive in real time to a chorus of "nah, he was tripped". Not a peep out of them after the replays. Agree with everything Hardy said there, it's a different game to the one I grew up with, was hoping Russia would hold out at the end & I'm glad they did.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Real Laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 11, 2010, 05:47:00 PM »

I agree.

Watched it in the pub & shouted dive in real time to a chorus of "nah, he was tripped". Not a peep out of them after the replays. Agree with everything Hardy said there, it's a different game to the one I grew up with, was hoping Russia would hold out at the end & I'm glad they did.

Wow great supporter you are  ::) Mullingar must be twinned with Moscow or something.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 11, 2010, 06:16:12 PM »
I'd rather get the hockeying we were in line for than try and cheat and dive our way out of it. Honesty of effort goes a long way, I don't see soccer coming back from the depth's it has plunged to. It's now a "sport" that actively encourages cheating and diving and it's a much poorer game for it.

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 11, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »
Croí and Hardy are both right though. He dived.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

The Real Laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 11, 2010, 07:41:31 PM »

Doesn't stop them being grumpy moany shites though.

PS I said a few pages back it was a soft peno
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Croí na hÉireann

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 12, 2010, 09:52:14 AM »

Doesn't stop them being grumpy moany shites though.

PS I said a few pages back it was a soft peno

So it's alright to call Henry a cheating b**tard but when Robbie dives around Landsdowne Road it's okay to turn a blind eye? Hypocrisy. I haven't heard of one report in the media that pulled Robbie up for that, shameful.

Soft peno my hole, it wasn't one, Robbie should have been booked for making a tit out of himself.

Billys Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 12, 2010, 11:15:25 AM »
I'd rather get the hockeying we were in line for than try and cheat and dive our way out of it. Honesty of effort goes a long way, I don't see soccer coming back from the depth's it has plunged to. It's now a "sport" that actively encourages cheating and diving and it's a much poorer game for it.

I was watching the U21 playoff between Iceland and Scotland last night - Scottish lad took a tumble (after the Iceland defender had pulled his foot back from the challenge) looking for a peno late on and got booked.  It's pitiful that it has come to this; and I don't see a way back either. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Worker

• hoy hoy sailor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 12, 2010, 05:48:11 PM »
anyone know the team for tonight?

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 12, 2010, 05:54:38 PM »
In fact, the only complaints, are the usual self loathing Irish folk who occasionally condescend to watch an Irish international game.

What in the name of imperial hell is this supposed to mean?

People of a self flagellation nature who cannot look at an incident like this  objectively and come to a rational judgement of what happened and instead use their warped judgement of what happened as a stick to beat with . The rationality gets blinded by prejudice towards Keane, towards soccer, towards Ireland or any combination of the three.
Most times when Ireland get awarded a penalty it is regarded as down to luck by detractors. The last qualification campaign being also an example, Ireland were supposed to have had all the luck in order to finish 2nd, conveniently forgetting that Italy were fortunate to win in Montenegro, fortunate to get 2  incredible own goals in Georgia, a last gasp equaliser against us and a very fortunate last gasp winner against Cyprus.

No - sorry - still like a bull in a fog here trying to make out what you're on about. Can you do me a favour and just try and put in simple language instead of a parable or allegory. I just want to know how despising the cheating prattery of an overpaid little jackeen translates into loathing myself, since I have as much in common with him as I have with a ciotóg Mozambican monkey-minder. 
I studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through - L.Cohen

King Henry

• 32 All Ireland's
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 12, 2010, 06:06:33 PM »
What about the cheating prattery of Joe Sheridan? You have something in common with him though of course yer both annoying c***ts from Meath
I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

fitzroyalty

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 12, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
There are too many Englishmen on that team

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 12, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »
What about the cheating prattery of Joe Sheridan? You have something in common with him though of course yer both annoying c***ts from Meath

Pissed off that you didn't get a chance to add to your extensive medal collection at the weekend? ;D

The Real Laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 12, 2010, 06:20:08 PM »
Any team news?

This is the FAI Thread after all not the Grinds my gears thread...f**king moaners  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.