FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

As far as I am concerned we have not qualified for a world cup since 2002. That is just not good enough, time for a change at the top.

lurganblue

Only positive I saw was hourihane's delivery from a dead ball. I've watched him do that all season at villa.

trailer

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 23, 2019, 09:27:47 PM
Maybe Martin O'Neill wasn't the problem .

Are you joking? Ireland have been rotten, you can only be as good as what you've to use.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Saffrongael

So the FAI were paying John Delaney's rent at €3000 per month, on top of his minimum €360k salary, nice work if you can get it. While other FAI staff took pay cuts or lost their jobs
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Shamrock Shore

It really is a disgrace that Delaney is still there and has been milking the FAI now for almost 15 years. And will continue to milk in this this new 'makey-uppy' role.

Some will point to his grassroots work - but FFS, for his wedge, you could have got an army to work the grassroots.

mrdeeds

Martin O Neill was part of the problem. You'd hardly expect the team to show drastic improvement after one week under McCarthy.

Esmarelda

I was happy enough considering the conditions, new partnerships, time to prepare etc.

I was mostly happy with players playing the ball to each others' feet.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 24, 2019, 09:56:36 AM
I was happy enough considering the conditions, new partnerships, time to prepare etc.

I was mostly happy with players playing the ball to each others' feet.

Exactly. Hourihane was a big plus and I thought Mcgoldrick also.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 24, 2019, 09:52:47 AM

Martin O Neill was part of the problem. You'd hardly expect the team to show drastic improvement after one week under McCarthy.

O'Neill/Keane lost the dressing room, lost control of tactics and lost the value of players. They also sat on their hands in relation to Capping players in competitive games.

This is not to lose sight of what they achieved. They just hit a slide and could not curtail the demise.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 24, 2019, 09:42:00 AM
It really is a disgrace that Delaney is still there and has been milking the FAI now for almost 15 years. And will continue to milk in this this new 'makey-uppy' role.

Some will point to his grassroots work - but FFS, for his wedge, you could have got an army to work the grassroots.
What does his GAA equvalent earn?

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 24, 2019, 10:14:29 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on March 24, 2019, 09:52:47 AM

O'Neill/Keane lost the dressing room, lost control of tactics and lost the value of players. They also sat on their hands in relation to Capping players in competitive games.

This is not to lose sight of what they achieved. They just hit a slide and could not curtail the demise.

If you are referring to them not capping Rice in a competitive game, I'm glad they didn't.

rodney trotter

Georgia will likely play Ireland off the park without being clinical, like the past few meetings. There wasn't much to be happy about. Created very few clear cut changes. It was a poor pitch with strong wind but should be doing better,  against a team who won their first competitive game last year..