Provincial and All Ireland Club championships 2016/17

Started by Dave like the tv channel, October 24, 2016, 01:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

There's 2 primary schools in the area maybe small class sizes but drawing good numbers. They had nearly 120 kids at Cul camps I seen this year, almost 3 quarter from the rosenallis. Neeish housing estate near the pitch as well might draw a few outsiders. Great work going on and making good use of numbers.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Tintin84

Heard that Paddy Dunne that's over Rosenallis has been offered the Ratheniska job for the coming season, Seemingly offered before the last game. This chap has history would be a great appointment for Ratheniska would be guaranteed a junior title next year. They move on from what is there.

les Antiques

Went up to Donnycarney yesterday , feeling optimistic that at least things would at close . The game was effectively over after 20 minutes . Very disappointing day for Laois hurling and the Dubs around were only too willing to let any Laois person present know !
Honestly thought Hogan would have pulled something out of the bag for the Leinster Campaign .

Don Draper

Quote from: Tintin84 on November 07, 2016, 01:45:08 AM
Heard that Paddy Dunne that's over Rosenallis has been offered the Ratheniska job for the coming season, Seemingly offered before the last game. This chap has history would be a great appointment for Ratheniska would be guaranteed a junior title next year. They move on from what is there.
I hear they have Woolie signed up as well. Team to watch in 2017.

Helix

Quote from: Don Draper on November 07, 2016, 10:19:16 AM
Quote from: Tintin84 on November 07, 2016, 01:45:08 AM
I hear they have Woolie signed up as well. Team to watch in 2017.
As a player or managment Don?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Helix

Quote from: Don Draper on November 07, 2016, 12:24:03 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on November 07, 2016, 12:08:07 PM
Press Officer  ;)
Hurling manager.
He must have taken an awful liking to the hurling after getting battered with sliotars recently by the Ballyhale Shamrock senior hurlers recently for his GAA podcasts 8).

LOVEGAA

Quote from: les Antiques on November 07, 2016, 09:04:16 AM
Went up to Donnycarney yesterday , feeling optimistic that at least things would at close . The game was effectively over after 20 minutes . Very disappointing day for Laois hurling and the Dubs around were only too willing to let any Laois person present know !
Honestly thought Hogan would have pulled something out of the bag for the Leinster Campaign .

Its was over after 10 mins or maybe before game started. BK have only shown true form in the County Final. Before that they have been dire and I do think if Semis had not been done on a draw they wouldnt have made the final

They are a team that are lacking something but I cant figure out what it is

burdizzo

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 06, 2016, 01:32:37 PM
Has there been an increase in population in rosenallis over the last few years or have they just had the same numbers as always in the village but just got more young lads playing, i know that they have great coaching but they went from scraping a team with clonaslee underage to having their own teams in A competitions, just a query nothing else

Not pissing in their soup, but......

...........no more A for them after next year. They had an A U21 team last year, which got to the semis. They've an A U21 side in hurling this year and next. After that, they're B all the way down to U12 in both hurling and football. They're winning all the B comps, so perhaps they should give A a try at some grades.

Not downing the club, but just correcting the point - what they get from 600 people is very good.

From the Terrace

Is it better be in a B competition for a single club or an A competition as part of amalgamation? Long term i believe B competitions & get all young lads in ateas playing although easier said that done, a lot of lads are lost earlier than usual through amalgamayions imo.

Don Draper

Quote from: From the Terrace on November 07, 2016, 05:07:31 PM
Is it better be in a B competition for a single club or an A competition as part of amalgamation? Long term i believe B competitions & get all young lads in ateas playing although easier said that done, a lot of lads are lost earlier than usual through amalgamayions imo.
Agreed.

Butch Cassidy

Has a club ever won a provincial hurling and football title?

Ballyroan Abbey

Finbarrs of cork in the 80s did it, pretty sure st galls of antrim won senior football and inter hurling in same year recently enough