Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

befair

I'd agree it's an institutional and cultural problem. I have no idea why referees tolerate it; in rugby if you look sideways at the ref it's a penalty, twice and it's a yellow or red. I've always admired this Kilcoo team, + supported them once my own club was out (which is usually fairly early), but this whining and petulance and attacking the ref reflects badly on them; they had plenty of opportunities during the game to win it, but blaming the ref is an easy call.

Lotto

Quote from: 5times5times on August 25, 2020, 11:45:37 AM
    This video to me, sums up Kilcoo.. How some of their supporters cry wolf is staggering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxfa8OaNc8

Ohanlon scores an incredible free
    Waves to the crowd
    When running out, delib goes in search of a Cross man
    Shoulder each other
    Ohanlon goes down holding his face, and the cries (as usual) of the Kilcoo fans.[/li][/list]

Or how about the racial abuse of another Cross player?
    Or the sledging to another down club player about their dead parent?

Quote from: 5times5times on July 01, 2020, 05:55:25 PM
    Quote from: Mourne Red on July 01, 2020, 01:42:04 PM

Who is your club 5times?

The kingpins of Down & Ulster #utm... Why might i ask??

5times5times, you must be suffering a bit of an identity crisis, either you are from Kilcoo or you are not.

The treatment of Paul Faloon by Kilcoo has been horrendous for several years now. Some of the stories of what people have said or done is just sick. Kilcoo are very good at dishing out their own brand of hatred but so much of it is just cowardly, just ask Mayobridge minors and the other night it was Paul's turn again. They should suck it up and stop whinging to their fellow county mates in the press just to get a story. Everybody knows what way Paul Faloon referees games and while others blow constantly on the whistle, he doesn't. This makes for a good spectacle rather than the stop start nature of games and it's better than watching the likes of a boy from Warrenpoint be the centre of attention in a game rather than the game itself. Paul Faloon has a great future in refereeing and good luck to him.

Lotto

Another day, another club

Russell Gaelic Union Downpatrick FACEBOOK

We have today been informed that one of our Senior players has tested positive for Covid -19.
    He has been deemed not to have had close contact with any other members of his team recently.
    Following consultation with PHA and Down County Board, we have been advised that club activities, which are all outside, can continue as normal.

As always we advise everyone to adhere to Public Health Agency guidelines in relation to hand and facial hygiene as well as social distancing.
    Should you feel unwell or develop symptoms of Covid-19 please self isolate and arrange testing as per PHA advice.
    We wish our member a speedy recovery and we will update our communications should there be any change.

Sandstorm

I'm just delighted they found the remote for Monday night's game. Looked at the game again and to be honest the kilcoo officials appeared to be protecting the ref from some spectators who went on the field. I don't know their names but a man dressed in black and one with a light coloured coat were confronting their own people.

urbangael

Watched the Point and Kilcoo game back. The ref done a very good job time keeping aside. He is one of the few refs that will not be bullied by kilcoo do fair play. You can say what you want but true champions lose with grace. Burren or the great Mayobridge team of the 2000s would have never acted like that. Its pure intimidation from Kilcoo and people are sick of their antics. From intimidating refs to sledging young lads they just cant do it without controversy. No doubt they will turn this into a positive in their own camp and the seige mentality will set in... Everyone hates us... Maybe they do but it isnt without justification.

champion1981

Quote from: urbangael on August 26, 2020, 11:17:16 AM
    Watched the Point and Kilcoo game back. The ref done a very good job time keeping aside. He is one of the few refs that will not be bullied by kilcoo do fair play. You can say what you want but true champions lose with grace. Burren or the great Mayobridge team of the 2000s would have never acted like that. Its pure intimidation from Kilcoo and people are sick of their antics. From intimidating refs to sledging young lads they just cant do it without controversy. No doubt they will turn this into a positive in their own camp and the seige mentality will set in... Everyone hates us... Maybe they do but it isnt without justification.
    really don't think the magpies care what we think of them tbh! On paper the best team to come out of down this 20 odd years ! And in every club there's sledging going on and has been for some time, dont honestly think its only kilcoo that does a bit of sledging

urbangael

The sledging of the young from mayobridge crossed the line. Its well documented. They always seem to stoop to new lows and can't win without controversy.

downjim

Clonduff 7/4 looks like great value

Lotto

Quote from: urbangael on August 26, 2020, 11:38:09 PM
    The sledging of the young from mayobridge crossed the line. Its well documented. They always seem to stoop to new lows and can't win without controversy.

CPN player came out of Kilcoo game with a gouging injury to his eye and bruised balls that were twisted during the game. What the f**k is that all about and if that's the way they want to play it, then f**k away off.

Smurfy123

Brannigan and ward up in front of disciplinary committee tonight.
    What is wrong with these Kilcoo players
    Absolutely disgusting comments towards Paul Faloon
    Disgusting in the highest order
    Regardless of the result that has no place in our games
    Ah it would make you cross
    Disgusting

SHEEDY

Carryduff v Downpatrick called off again tonight. 2nd Downpatrick player has tested positive apparently.
    nil satis nisi optimum

champion1981

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 28, 2020, 05:29:29 PM
    Brannigan and ward up in front of disciplinary committee tonight.
    What is wrong with these Kilcoo players
    Absolutely disgusting comments towards Paul Faloon
    Disgusting in the highest order
    Regardless of the result that has no place in our games
    Ah it would make you cross
    Disgusting
    seriously??

Smurfy123

Yes.
    Up tonight with suspension hanging over both after comments made towards Paul Faloon
    Disgusting comments may I add

champion1981

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 28, 2020, 09:49:11 PM
    Yes.
    Up tonight with suspension hanging over both after comments made towards Paul Faloon
    which brannigan?

Lotto

Quote from: champion1981 on August 28, 2020, 10:00:25 PM
    Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 28, 2020, 09:49:11 PM
    Yes.
    which brannigan?

Probably the scumming one who acts like a tr**p on the pitch. Shit, hold on. Eeny meeny miny moe  :o