Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caitlin

There must be a chance the leagues and championship games will not be completed with the latest news on the spread of the virus; in the South they are reducing the number of people able to attend outdoor sporting events to 15.
Credit where credit is due; the county board have a super job with football and hurling in getting the leagues going before the championship in such a narrow window, with a clear plan to get the championships completed asap.
Fair play also for making the arrangements with Pairc TV to stream the three games over the last few days; the coverage was excellent and, along with the TG4 game on Friday night, it was great for people unable to get to the games to see four games live.

Targetman

Quote from: Sandstorm on August 18, 2020, 04:30:16 PM
Surprised that a selector of county minors would take a dig at a club he would be drawing players from. Surprised that Bryansford have not got more control over him, I'm sure they wouldn't approve him taking a dig at their neighbours.
Seriously, he just called it as it was, Kilcoo do seem to be set up more defensibly this year, the best was him comparing himself to the Barcelona manager given they just got stuffed 8-2 and he's now out of a job!!

bannside

You misinterpreted that completely. Read it again, slowly, lol.

meatsy86

I see Ballyholland at it again tonight along with Bosco at an U13 match. Disgraceful scenes from mentors/supporters.

supersub

Could you describe what actually happened?

meatsy86

To put it simply a row on the field between a few players one mentor/supporter runs in quickly followed by one from the opposing side who proceeds to knock the other one out/over with his fist. There is a video showing the whole thing doing the rounds. Yet again another example of this one in all in mentality that is now seeped its way into our underage games.

5times5times

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 18, 2020, 11:59:59 PM
I see Ballyholland at it again tonight along with Bosco at an U13 match. Disgraceful scenes from mentors/supporters.

Am i seeing things, or does the Bosco man, not grab the ballyholland young player first??

meatsy86

Everyone involved is in the wrong

downjim

Its look bad from both clubs and the person videoing is bound to be breaking rules as well. Underage games should not be recorded on peoples personal phones. I am sure all parties are keen to put this behind them but its a lesson for coaches to keep the head and also for the coaches who preach get stuck into them. This behaviour can spiral out of control and for what? The glory of winning an u13 south Down league ffs Every club is guilty of this  so we cannot point fingers

terrifictommy

Quote from: meatsy86 on August 19, 2020, 11:19:09 AM
Everyone involved is in the wrong

Very true. Sometimes people think the white lines mean there is an excuse.

befair

Watching the Clonduff/Bryansford game
(1) Great coverage by Pairc TV
(2) Stellar performance by Danny Savage; 4 amazing points in a row that turned the game when Clonduff were cruising. Showed what a good footballing side Bryansford are when released from the defensive tactics
(3) Refs don't know the difference between black/yellow cards

befair

Again great coverage by Pairc TV, but Kilcoo letting themselves down by trying to attack the ref at the end. Thought the ref had a good game, trying to let the game flow. Still confusion about what is a black/yellow, which penalised Kilcoo tonight and Rostrevor on Friday night. Would still fancy Kilcoo for the championship, but please stop crying at the ref.

terrifictommy

Betfair, I didn't see any black cards issued in Clonduff game nor did I see anything that warranted it. Maybe it's us spectators who don't know the difference. Plus you can't single out the refs and then tell people to lay off them.

I'm not sure Bryansford took the game to Clonduff, looked more like Clonduff run out of steam. But extra time Bryansford tried to kick themselves out of the first period. Great scoring in the second period.

Savage hardly touched the ball in the first 50 mins.

Last Caress

Watched the kilcoo/point game on line. Did the ref play the full time?

thewobbler

Bit harsh on Kilcoo above.

It looked unruly but I'd think the same issue registered with everyone at once and they all felt compelled to give their tuppence. If I'm being honest I'd have done the same.

I'd need to go back to the last century to remember only 1 min of injury time in a game, let alone one with water breaks.

Good game though. Point are a very decent side, well balanced and well coached.

There'll be a few nails bitten tomorrow night when the draw is being made.