mup

Quote from: dublin7 on March 01, 2020, 12:00:23 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 29, 2020, 11:54:12 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 29, 2020, 11:51:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 29, 2020, 11:45:44 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 29, 2020, 11:43:18 PM
Quote from: naka on February 29, 2020, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 29, 2020, 09:30:05 PM
That clip obviously doesn't show the full incident but in it, it does show the Tyrone lads standing their ground and a load of Dublin players running into throw punches.

From the TV clip, you could see James McCarthy throwing a few punches and he also struck McKernan in the throat late on in the game which was missed by the referee. No doubt the usual suspects will all try to pin this on Tyrone but Dublin have probably a more evident recent track record of this kind of behaviour.

There was that brawl with Armagh behind closed doors in recent years too. I wonder will the statute of limitations only apply to one county.
Funny I saw Tyrone throwing as many if not more than Dublin
The guy in the red top definitely is in diffs from the clip I saw
But hopefully all the protagonists get a lengthy suspension
Doesn't suit well any more with a modern gaa

Sorry it your level headed reasonable analysis is worth f**k all here, you must realize it's all the dubs fault and poor auld Tyrone lads were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Thank F**k Connolly wasn't involved for the idiots to toll him as well

McCarthy should be looking at a long ban but normal rules are likely to be waived for Dublin in this case, their spin doctors and RTE cheerleaders will be desperately trying to feed the narrative.
Well said my Tyrone salt of the earth never put afoot wrong idiot brigade. Never in the history of football has there been a more honest team than Tyrone. Diving, cynical fouling, off the ball ch at shots are everything that Tyrone are against. Every club/county side in the country should aim to be as honest as our northern friends from 😂😂😂😂😂

Tyrone don't put themselves on the pedestal claiming to play cleaner, prettier and less cynical football than everyone else. We're usually having to defend ourselves from the opposite which is an unfair narrative delivered by the southern press.

The squeaky clean Dubs were shown up tonight once again not to be squeaky clean at all but your spin doctors and cheerleaders have already set the agenda, the James McCarthy incidents will be at the centre of an omerta. Nothing to see here, please move along.

No one ever said the dubs were squeaky clean you clown, but Tyrone are the masters of cynical football. You even have a foul named after you!! To do do a "Sean Cavanagh" is to pull a player down and stop him scoring!!!

U ok hun?

Dubh driocht

I'm a Down man who has a lot of time for both Tyrone and Dublin; however the way both sides targeted Clifford this year was sickening.  While both teams have been innovative and exciting, they have also led the way in cynicism and gamesmanship; last night Dublin shaded it but Mickey has a strong claim to leading the decline into where we are.

Angelo

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 01, 2020, 08:56:17 AM
I'm a Down man who has a lot of time for both Tyrone and Dublin; however the way both sides targeted Clifford this year was sickening.  While both teams have been innovative and exciting, they have also led the way in cynicism and gamesmanship; last night Dublin shaded it but Mickey has a strong claim to leading the decline into where we are.

And Kerry don't target players?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

larryin89

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2020, 09:24:04 AM

Your response says it all . Something not right in the head with some Tyrone wans , thankfully most are grand.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Angelo

Quote from: larryin89 on March 01, 2020, 09:40:39 AM

Your response says it all . Something not right in the head with some Tyrone wans , thankfully most are grand.

My response does say it all about the free state narrative.

Don't blame on the jackeens
Don't blame it on the yerras
Don't blame it on the Mayomen
Blame it on the northies

It was never as obvious as when the RTE pundits sat in their studio awkwardly staring down at their feet and mumbling after Aidan O'Shea had dived to knock Fermanagh out of the Championship, a year on from them trying to crucify Tiernan McCann for his flop.

If you guys can't take it then you really shouldn't be dishing it out.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2020, 09:50:36 AM

Blame it on the northies

It was never as obvious as when the RTE pundits sat in their studio awkwardly staring down at their feet and mumbling after Aidan O'Shea had dived to knock Fermanagh out of the Championship, a year on from them trying to crucify Tiernan McCann for his flop.

I do see where you're coming from Angelo. The 'puke football' term stuck with ye however. I admit Mayo were as cynical as you could get throughout the last decade.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Angelo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2020, 10:07:49 AM

Blame it on the northies

I do see where you're coming from Angelo. The 'puke football' term stuck with ye however. I admit Mayo were as cynical as you could get throughout the last decade.

All the top teams do, you won't get anywhere without bending the rules, Tyrone have been wise to that since 96.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and cry about the dirt that other teams are at but I do have a serious problem with the imbalance in reporting. Every other county has a statute of limitations with their past indiscretions, whereby RTE pundits have selective amnesia when it comes to the indiscretions of Dublin and Kerry in particular but could rhyme off past incidents involving Tyrone players.

I don't think James McCarthy is a particularly dirty or nasty player for instance but there would be a body of evidence in past incidents for pundits and journalists to put forward this claim now. They've gone to town on Tyrone players and teams for less in the past.

Highlighting it and bringing these hypocrisies to light will have the usual suspects tying themselves in their usual cries of whataboutery but that's just the oldest excuse for people who can't square off their contradictions with each other. It's not going to change, the media down south created a bogeyman out of Tyrone and will continue to push that narrative. If the likes of Derry and Armagh were to return to the top table, they will soon find out it won't just stop with Tyrone.

I'm particularly surprised at the Armagh lads, they must have fairly short memories of how their team was portrayed down South during the Kernan years as some sort of sadistic group who were more interested in fighting than playing football.

I'm not surprised at the Derry ones, for a county that seems to stab their legends in the back and always seem to be infighting, the only thing that unites them is their enmity toward Tyrone.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2020, 10:21:39 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 01, 2020, 10:07:49 AM

Blame it on the northies

All the top teams do, you won't get anywhere without bending the rules, Tyrone have been wise to that since 96.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and cry about the dirt that other teams are at but I do have a serious problem with the imbalance in reporting. Every other county has a statute of limitations with their past indiscretions, whereby RTE pundits have selective amnesia when it comes to the indiscretions of Dublin and Kerry in particular but could rhyme off past incidents involving Tyrone players.

I don't think James McCarthy is a particularly dirty or nasty player for instance but there would be a body of evidence in past incidents for pundits and journalists to put forward this claim now. They've gone to town on Tyrone players and teams for less in the past.

Highlighting it and bringing these hypocrisies to light will have the usual suspects tying themselves in their usual cries of whataboutery but that's just the oldest excuse for people who can't square off their contradictions with each other. It's not going to change, the media down south created a bogeyman out of Tyrone and will continue to push that narrative. If the likes of Derry and Armagh were to return to the top table, they will soon find out it won't just stop with Tyrone.

I'm particularly surprised at the Armagh lads, they must have fairly short memories of how their team was portrayed down South during the Kernan years as some sort of sadistic group who were more interested in fighting than playing football.

I'm not surprised at the Derry ones, for a county that seems to stab their legends in the back and always seem to be infighting, the only thing that unites them is their enmity toward Tyrone.

Tyrone do get a raw deal. I've said that before and will say it again. We have had the same in the past and if we get back to the top table will again. I suppose we still get some of it at the moment but not in the way we used to. Or Tyrone currently do. Haven't commented on last nights events as I haven't seen anything so I'm not gonna do what others do and comment on something I haven't seen.

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on March 01, 2020, 01:57:05 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 01, 2020, 12:28:30 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 29, 2020, 11:39:49 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 29, 2020, 11:35:20 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on February 29, 2020, 11:31:22 PM
Had to laugh at O'Se and O'Rourke second guessing what was going on in the shemozzle yet speculating that Dublin love beating Tyrone so there must be dirt between them. Also some ridiculous statement was made about the Dublin players being trapped against a fence lol.

The Hampsey black was for an incident leading up to the tunnel punch-up not caught on camera. He was strolling about the tunnel entrance nonchalantly 'accidentaly' body checking Dublin players running in. The linesman brought this to the ref's attention straight away as the more malicious fighting was going on down the tunnel.

So Hampsey started it?!

Most definitely!!! Not sure what the black card was for?? Deliberate body collide??

There is something really priceless about the mindset of the bitter Derry wans.

Most definitely he says, without even a single shred of evidence to support his rambling nonsense.

Being anti-Tyrone means more to you Derry lads than backing your own county which is very, very sad.

Yes ... I made it up in my head.

Or maybe I was at the game sitting RIGHT ABOVE the tunnel watching Hampsey waiting for the Dubs coming off. He threw the shoulder into one Dublin lad and he just ran on them a few came and when he threw his weight around again it all kicked off but blah blah poor Tyrone!

They were the better team to light but won't count for much in Croke Park come the end of the year the Dubs are hardly too bothered.

Sean Cavanagh reckons Tyrone are to Ulster what Kerry are to Munster or Dublin to Leinster... Tyrone would need to realise there was football before 2003 ::) ::)

Ahhh the old "We had her before yuns" line that Derry wans love to cling to  ;D

The Hill is Blue

Last night was a good runout for the young lads on the Dublin team and will give Dessie some options for the year ahead. I thought that Dublin played well through the whole game and were unfortunate to be caught by a late sucker punch. Fair dues to Tyrone though, they stuck with it to the end.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Main Street

Due to complete failure to steward properly, I'd say Tyrone will lose home advantage, at least for the game v Donegal, possibly more if Croke Park have the cojones.

J70

That game is in Ballybofey

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on March 01, 2020, 12:56:56 PM
Due to complete failure to steward properly, I'd say Tyrone will lose home advantage, at least for the game v Donegal, possibly more if Croke Park have the cojones.

I think that was the last Tyrone game due to be played at Healy Park for over a year. Drainage works are due to start soon on the pitch.

larryin89

God love them but  we are so bad its scary . Kerry streets ahead , relegation is the deserving outcome .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Halftime in Castlebar, Mayo 0-4 Kerry 1-8. Sounds desperate on the radio.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.