The Chagos Islands- Shame on Britain

Started by boojangles, August 09, 2009, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Just seen a documentary on these set of islands in the Indian Ocean which the British agreed with the US to be used as a military base around the time of the Cold War.The agreement which was not signed by the British parliament, but rather signed by Her Royal Highness stated that the main island Diego Garcia which would be used as the main base had NO inhabitants only a few contract workers. In fact it had at least 2000 native people who had been living there for a few generations.In 1971 when the US forces arrived to set up base all the inhabitants were made leave their native island and move 1500 miles away to Mauritius.The Chagossian people are still fighting for their right to return to the island.

screenmachine

Up the provo's.  The Queen's a fenian. Happy now?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Main Street

slievegullion

Quote from: boojangles on August 09, 2009, 11:03:48 AM
Just seen a documentary on these set of islands in the Indian Ocean which the British agreed with the US to be used as a military base around the time of the Cold War.The agreement which was not signed by the British parliament, but rather signed by Her Royal Highness stated that the main island Diego Garcia which would be used as the main base had NO inhabitants only a few contract workers. In fact it had at least 2000 native people who had been living there for a few generations.In 1971 when the US forces arrived to set up base all the inhabitants were made leave their native island and move 1500 miles away to Mauritius.The Chagossian people are still fighting for their right to return to the island.

Which is completely legitimate under British constitutional law.

screenmachine

Quote from: slievegullion on August 09, 2009, 12:13:31 PM

f**k me Boojangles, I wouldn't take that, it's time for the wooly faces - do you know any Chagossians?  Neither do I, so who gives a f**k about them?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

boojangles

Quote from: screenmachine on August 09, 2009, 12:30:13 PM

f**k me Boojangles, I wouldn't take that, it's time for the wooly faces - do you know any Chagossians?  Neither do I, so who gives a f**k about them?

Your a spa. Just highlighting the matter. Im thinking of running for Irish Ambassador for the Chagos Islands,was looking for a nomination.

fitzroyalty

its just another example of what the brits are willing to do to their own citizens under the banner of "democracy"

mylestheslasher

Quote from: screenmachine on August 09, 2009, 11:31:32 AM
Up the provo's.  The Queen's a fenian. Happy now?

Have a look at this and maybe it'll exercise you mentally as clearly this is too much for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzo0iHrivVQ

My wee lassie is 2 and she is growing out of it but I'm sure it'll do the trick for you.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: screenmachine on August 09, 2009, 12:30:13 PM

You're an intelligent fella. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

screenmachine

pintsofguinness

Yup, caught talking shite and then claim to be on the windup  ::)

We haven't had that one in a while  ::)

screenmachine

aye because I was deadly serious when I was talking about the f**king Chagos island.  Your slightly bordering the line of retardation pints if you think I was being serious...

ps. This is the best handover cure ever...fact...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: screenmachine on August 09, 2009, 02:41:43 PM
aye because I was deadly serious when I was talking about the f**king Chagos island.  Your slightly bordering the line of retardation pints if you think I was being serious...

ps. This is the best handover cure ever...fact...

Yes, we know, of course you were on the windup.... ::)

gallsman

What  don't understand is why is this news to you. This has been a thorny issue for human rights groups for decades.

Main Street

Not everybody is aware of every thorny issue affecting a few thousand people on the other side of the planet.