All Ireland day

Started by giveballaghback, November 09, 2015, 11:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

What a wonderful programme on RTE tonight and a brilliant insight into all aspects of all Ireland final day.
Only a station that understands the very fibre of the gaa and Irish society could produce such a superb piece of television. Well done to all concerned.

Rossfan

Good programme alright but Donaghy should have got a penalty.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

As  Teddy McCarthy would say, Croke Park on AI day is a credit to the association.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

giveballaghback

Was it not on your local station the bbc armaghniac?

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on November 09, 2015, 11:27:18 PM
As  Teddy McCarthy would say, Croke Park on AI day is a credit to the association.

I'm afraid you'll have to speak to a moderator.

Ziggy!
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 09, 2015, 11:31:24 PM
Was it not on your local station the bbc armaghniac?

Uninformed comment.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ck

The best bit of this programme was listening to Dave Goldricks exchange with the players. Why can't we hear this during a game as they do in Rugby? It would help referees win support for what they do and what they are subjected to

An Watcher

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rossfan on November 09, 2015, 11:26:03 PM
Good programme alright but Donaghy should have got a penalty.

Not convinced, didn't exactly fight to stay on his feet. Wasn't exactly whiter than white either as regards a hand across McMahon's face prior to the eye gouge.

Great programme though, fantastic insight into the day itself and the work behind the scenes. Coldrick communicated great with the players but I don't think he got the respect he gave. Had to laugh when Gooch was trying to find out the injury time and pointing out all the time that Cluxton had wasted and McMahon tells the ref "don't listen to all that shite".
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rossfan

Time for yellow cards for foul language and barracking refs?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Declan

QuoteColdrick communicated great with the players but I don't think he got the respect he gave. Had to laugh when Gooch was trying to find out the injury time and pointing out all the time that Cluxton had wasted and McMahon tells the ref "don't listen to all that shite".

Yep O'Mahony in particular ignoring the three "Aidan's" after the rugby tackle. Did chuckle at that exchange re the time alright

westbound

Great programme and I think it proved again how difficult it is to referee the game.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Declan on November 10, 2015, 11:16:32 AM
QuoteColdrick communicated great with the players but I don't think he got the respect he gave. Had to laugh when Gooch was trying to find out the injury time and pointing out all the time that Cluxton had wasted and McMahon tells the ref "don't listen to all that shite".

Yep O'Mahony in particular ignoring the three "Aidan's" after the rugby tackle. Did chuckle at that exchange re the time alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Bingo

The one thing that struck me was the indifference, back chat and general lack of respect for the ref and his decisions. Can't blame the ref for trying to inform the players but this was met with very little respect from the players.

heffo

Quote from: Bingo on November 10, 2015, 12:21:29 PM
The one thing that struck me was the indifference, back chat and general lack of respect for the ref and his decisions. Can't blame the ref for trying to inform the players but this was met with very little respect from the players.

Hardly a new development:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/paul-finlay-the-dra-and-the-royal-british-bank-v-turquand-ruling-of-1856-26463990.html

Paul Finlay to ref - "you blew me for a f***ing pick off the ground. I didn't pick the f***ing ball off the ground, you f***ing tr**p.""