Are they real?

yes
18 (43.9%)
no
23 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

haveaharp

Quote from: ONeill on May 26, 2011, 11:05:55 PM
Their fur was wet, which is how I knew they had been drowned.

In reality this guy had probably just pissed the bed.

AbbeySider

I dont know about the above article, but myself and a friend heard the banshee one day while we were playing in a fairy fort that was also a children's grave yard (before they were allowed to be burried in consecrated ground).

Scarred the sh!t out of me...

Hardy

No you didn't hear "the banshee". You see, there is no banshee.

haveaharp

Quote from: Hardy on May 27, 2011, 12:06:34 PM
No you didn't hear "the banshee". You see, there is no banshee.

A fox crying maybe.

Hardy

That's probably the most common explanation.

AbbeySider

So foxes can talk now, and change the weather instantly?
She screamed "Dont come back!!! " twice.

Impressive if it was a fox

stephenite

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 27, 2011, 01:01:18 PM

Assuming it was the west of Ireland, weather changing instantly is hardly that uncommon.

There was a fox down our way that could speak French and German, but only saw it in the summers. She showed me her tits one night down at the Ice house

davegaasportsdesk

I reckon ghosts are real, I have never seen one but so many people have or at least claim to have, they cant all be lying!
Join Talking GAA on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin

Hardy

Quote from: davegaasportsdesk on May 27, 2011, 01:51:25 PM
I reckon ghosts are real, I have never seen one but so many people have or at least claim to have, they cant all be lying!

Why didn't you tell us this before? Now I have to change my mind after all these years of relying on Newton, Galileo, Einstein, Darwin and all those other frauds, who must all have been lying about how the world works. And all I had to do was ask someone like yourself (who has never seen one) about what so many people have said they saw.

Will I ever learn?

nifan

they cant all be lying? Maybe but they could be fooling themselves

Lar Naparka

I don't believe in ghoulies and ghosities and long-legged beasties and trhat sort of stuff.
However, I think that there are phenomena that can't be explained due to our present state of understanding.
That's logical enough, I suppose; things that were considered  as 'magic' in times gone by are commonplace now.  Sooner or later, much of what we consider inexplicable today will be understood.
That outa the way, I once heard of an incident for qwhich there is no logical explanation.
The revd. rector of the secondary school I went to was not a man given to wind ups or exaggerations of any sort.
One day in class, the talk switched to belief in the afterlife and that sort of stuff. I forget what we were supposed  to be studying but everyone present was more than willing to get him of the subject in question.
Anyway, he told us about an incident for which he had no explanation;
Back in Black & Tan times, a doctor in the Sligo town area was an IRA sympathiser and he got shot by the Tans when he was called out to tend the injuries of an IRA man. This man  had been injured in a gunfight with the same buckos.
The doctor had a daughter who was a boarder at  Kiltimagh  convent and a neighbour who had a car went to take her home. She was told nothing about her father's death; just that he was unwell and her mother wanted her to come home.
Things were going grand until the car came to a narrow railway bridge outside Collooney, which was the spot  where her father had been shot. As thery crosssed the bridge, the girl got hysterical and cried out that her father was dead and he had died at this very spot. She was inconsolabel and the driver had a hard job to get her home where the wake was in progress.
Years later, I did a bit of research and found that a doctor had indeed been shot by the Tans at that bridge.
My informant told me that he had heard of the incident concerniong the daughter'e experience at the bridge but he couldn't vouch for its truthfulness as he hadn't been present at the wke.
However, the Revd. Sean O'Neill was from the area and was about the same age as the girl in question.
The same gentleman was as humourless as can be imagined. I don't know if the girl's premonition was fact or fiction but I know Jack O'Neill believed it did.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

AbbeySider

Quote from: stephenite on May 27, 2011, 01:19:11 PM

Assuming it was the west of Ireland, weather changing instantly is hardly that uncommon.

There was a fox down our way that could speak French and German, but only saw it in the summers. She showed me her tits one night down at the Ice house

:D :D :D

AbbeySider

Ill post my full banshee story and another ouija board story on Tuesday... will freeze ye in your seat.  :o  ;)

leaveherinsir

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 27, 2011, 03:50:31 PM
Quote from: stephenite on May 27, 2011, 01:19:11 PM

:D :D :D
See that post made me laugh and cry at the same time. Laugh cos it was very funny, but cry at the fact we didnt have those type of foxes round our way back in the day!

Forever Green